hey UGers, I just bought myself a fender mia stratocaster & a mesa express 5:50. Wen i came home i was thinking about replacing the stock pickups on the strat. Wat are some great noiseless pickups for blues, classic rock, samba, & hard rock?

thanks
Last edited by Devilman2020 at Apr 25, 2008,
texas specials are great but not individually noiseless. however the middle pickup is reverse wound so you get hum cancellation with the switch at positions 2 and 4.

i also have a strat with samarium cobalt 'hot' noiseless pickups, they are great also.
I've been imitated so well I've heard people copy my mistakes.
- Jimi Hendrix
why do u wanna change it already?

MIA stock pickups are hella nice. and the noise gives it the strat sound. there aren't true noiseless single coils. they're alls tacked humbuckers. fake single coils. well, i guess u can shell out $400 and get kinmans. but i say keep the stock pickups.
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
I have strats and a boogie as well. I've never had a problem, and actually LOVE that combination. The strat's gritty single-coil tone goes well with a low to mid gain setting on the boogie, just the way I'd want it to, for all those styles you mentioned.

My main strat has a JB jr (single-sized humbucker) with a volume fader for the inner coil, and two lace sensors (silver and blue). I get your normal strat tones, and a great humbucker tone - all of which can easily handle as much gain as my rectoverb can throw at it and still sound kickass.
- Fender, Taylor, Martin, Ibanez, Ramirez, Marshall, Boss, Morley, Mesa/Boogie, Univox, Shure, Monster, Dunlop, Seymour Duncan, DiMarzio, Lace, Sperzel, DW, Tama, Zildjian, and a little Johnnie Walker
Quote by hminh87
Get yourself a noise gate instead. MIA Fender pickups are class!

hmm i never thought of that, thanks. i like the tone of the pickups, i just hate the noise. which noise gate pedal would u recomoned? ISP or MXR?
Quote by Devilman2020
hmm i never thought of that, thanks. i like the tone of the pickups, i just hate the noise. which noise gate pedal would u recomoned? ISP or MXR?

The ISP Decimator has quite good reputation of being transparent. But since I don't know about the MXR I can really say which one is better. Go and read some reviews. Youtube has some video so u might want to check it out.
imo, noiseless robs you of your tone....

just get a 69 cs pick up and some noise gate!

[Gear]
1957 Reissue Gibson Les Paul Custom [gone ]
1958 Reissue Sunburst (Ice Tea)
1959 Reissue Sunburst (Cherry)
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Epiphone SG
50th Anniversary CS Masterbuilt Strat

Fender Deluxe Reverb Reissue
Marshall JCM 2000 DSL