Page 1 of 7
Who cares about SGs or Flying Vs or Les Pauls or Strats or Teles. Explorers are the best guitars in the world!

Who's got one? Who wants one? Who's in love with one? Who plans on stealing one? Share share share!
Phrases Label
The Bohemes
---
The White Strat w/Dimebucker
Tokai Explorer Korina
Ibanez RG570 Purple Neon
Gibson Les Paul Deluxe Ebony
Fender Telecaster Apple Red
Dano '59 Burgundy
Ibanez Artcore AM-73
i care about SGs or Flying Vs or Les Pauls or Strats or Teles even though i like explorer's the most
Quote by Tiksi
people who think that the tuning peg things have to be straight. I went to the bathroom once, I come back, and my friend detunified my guitar, and then asked why it sounded weird. ARGG!!!

mcROFL
Are explorers good for soloing ( referring to Gibsons). And are ESPs as good as Gibsons?
Quote by Toniofalcon
Are explorers good for soloing ( referring to Gibsons). And are ESPs as good as Gibsons?

Ive got an ESP and its hella nice but maybe not as good as Gibson
Quote by Toniofalcon

yeh gibsons are a good lead guitar in general but imo gibsons are better than ESPs.
Quote by Tiksi
people who think that the tuning peg things have to be straight. I went to the bathroom once, I come back, and my friend detunified my guitar, and then asked why it sounded weird. ARGG!!!

mcROFL
Quote by Toniofalcon

Depends what ESP you get but i have an ESP EX-50. It has pretty good humbucker for heavy stuff but the neck pickup isnt that great.

EDIT: With a bit of tweaking on your amp you can get a very nice lead soud. good for melodic stuff.
Coincidentally I just spotted the Epi Gothic Explorer at the local shop today. It plays alright, sounds great (for the money, eh :p) but the finish didn't appeal to me at all. Still it's an Explorer so it should be at least in your sig ^^
Phrases Label
The Bohemes
---
The White Strat w/Dimebucker
Tokai Explorer Korina
Ibanez RG570 Purple Neon
Gibson Les Paul Deluxe Ebony
Fender Telecaster Apple Red
Dano '59 Burgundy
Ibanez Artcore AM-73
i want an explorer so bad omg there awesome
founder of the MXPX group, pm me to join

PEANUT BUTTER JELLY TIME!!!!!!!!

Wii number: 7054 3894 4223 2011
Quote by bornfidelity
Who cares about SGs or Flying Vs or Les Pauls or Strats or Teles. Explorers are the best guitars in the world!

Who's got one? Who wants one? Who's in love with one? Who plans on stealing one? Share share share!

says the one who has a strat as a avatar
Quote by Ippon

Epi Explorer, very nice Bang for the $$$ ...
the Strat was signed by JS when he blitzkrieged GC with his awesome gear.

Proof that Satin is ideal for Black when you play a lot.

Stupid question:

Who's autograph on the Strat?
Quote by TheProducer
Stupid question:

Who's autograph on the Strat?

Mr. Joe Satriani!

In other news, I snagged a bolt-on Epi Explorer (MIK) from a schoolmate for $45 ... all the scratch I had with me, because the electronics were screwed and it had lots of buzzing. It has a built-in "chorus" effects and SD PAFs (valued more than $45 used). I'm going to get some proper pots, re-solder everything, get the proper caps, knobs, replace the nut, and flip it.

Pics as soon as I get a new camera.

An Explorer thread! WOHOO! I own a Gibson Explorer with the natural finish, oh yeah! I'm in love with it, and yes it is perfect for soloing, unless you need a whammy bar! What I love about the Explorer is that it is such a versatile guitar! It does all metal, hard rock, classic rock, blues and even pop!

EDIT: I have made an Explorer Owners Group. Anyone who owns an Explorer, or a guitar based of the classic Gibson Explorer can join!!!

Join Here
C4C
Please check out some of my original music and leave me a comment @ SoundCloud
(or in my profile!)

Progressive|Thrash|Math|Metal
Last edited by BlisteringDDj at Jun 6, 2008,
i joined the club

his is my baby, a heavily played epipi explorer, korean "handmade" limited edition pewter finish with EMG 81/60 set in it, i love it

Love it!

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
Me neither, its called "pewter" epiphone did a limited run of it in the explorer shape, whilst gibson did it in the les paul and sg models, i wished i had a picture from when it was new, it was much brighter then, its faded alot since then.

but i love it, i've had it for 5 years almost and i have seen loads of explorer around, but its just unique, in all the ocal bands, i'm known as the "guy with the explorer" i love it lol spesh as it just shines under stage lights.

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
Nice finish on that Explorer! Looks like a Progressive Metal Axe!

(Oh, and welcome to the group!)

Here's my X:

C4C
(or in my profile!)

Last edited by BlisteringDDj at Jun 6, 2008,
yum

Edit: Dont let this die lads

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
Last edited by Tom Horn at Jun 6, 2008,
I have an Ebony colour Epiphone Explorer... it's my baby Only thing I don't like about it is the huge ass case, it's a pain in the ass to take to school, but I usually take my LP to school, so that's okay.
@slickerthnsleek: Yeah, the case is huge, and twice as heavy as the guitar itself... I remember carrying it all the way to school once (a 40 minute walk) because I missed my bus. My hands were jelly when I arrived, lol.

@steel337: Nice Kelly you got there, join the group! The ESP does not look as good as the Gibson imo though, hehe.
C4C
(or in my profile!)

Joined the group. I have an ESP LTD EX-400, and I much prefer it too any Gibson/Epiphone on both looks and feel
Quote by Ippon
http://live.cope.edgestreams.net/reflector:24103

Notice Hetfiled's weapon - he's back to a Gibson Explorer.

Edit: Also Ken Lawrence Explorer, a Black Gibson LP Custom, etc.

Link doesn't work, or do I need some sort of plugin?
C4C
(or in my profile!)

Epiphone Les Paul goldtop (EMG 81/85)
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Fender Telecaster MIM
Epiphone SG Special
Jay Turser JT200 Serpent (GFS Crunchy Rails/Crunchy Pat)
Dean V-Coustic
Ovation Celebrity
Bugera 333-212
Crate Blue Voodoo 120H
Quote by BlisteringDDj
Link doesn't work, or do I need some sort of plugin?

No plug-in required, just Windows Media Player. The concert was in Nuremberg, Germany and it has ended ... it was a live feed. Since MTV was there, chances are it'll be replayed.

It was pretty tight! Lots of ESPs and Gibsons .... Flying V, Explorers, and Les Pauls.

The set went: The Ecstasy of Gold, Creeping Death, For Whom the Bell Tolls, Ride the Lightning, Harvester of Sorrow, Bleeding Me, No Remorse, Devil's Dance, And Justice For All, Fade to Black, Master of Puppets, Whiplash, Nothing Else Matters, Sad But True, One (awesome and nice fireworks!), Enter Sandman.

I use my Stellar (which is the EX shape) for all my heavier stuff, and I love it I do like my ESPs a little better in terms of comfortability, but can't beat a mahogany EX shaped guitar's tone!
Main Gear:
guitars;
Gibson LPJ
Squire CLASSIC VIBE Stratocaster 60's
PRS SE Custom 24
Epiphone Sheraton II

amps;
Bugera 1990, 6260
Egnater Tweaker
how does the epiphone compare with the jackson kelly and the esp?
ODEN 08 'RISE WITH US'
*phew* I swear, I thought you were talking about Internet Explorer and was ready to bash this thread to pluto.
Quote by rastaman12
What do people usually do after they **** their sisters?
That's two Explorers and two of the same Explorer Pro? D:
C4C
(or in my profile!)

Hey if the Jackson Kelly counts as an explorer, does the Washburn A-20 to ?
Empty tankard! Empty Tankard!
Quote by BlisteringDDj
That's two Explorers and two of the same Explorer Pro? D:

Yeah, I really like that color, hehe