Hey guys my first post here on UG.

I currently own a really terrible Magnum PJ Bass Guitar [probably made in China, everything was put together horribly]

Anyways this guy is planning to sell me his amp along with his bass guitar aswell, and I was wondering how you would rate the performance of the amp.

It's a Drive CD300B 30W amp, which I would probably only use for bedroom practice. From reviews I can find on random review sites, it's an ok practice amp for its price. Not bad, but not really great either.

The bass guitar is an Onyx Precision Bass, probably a no-brand sold in Australia only. I can't find any information on Onyx, and the guitar doesn't have any sort of serial number on it. I've only found one review for an Onyx bass, which the person says they have accidently dropped or bumped the guitar against rough surfaces and it's still fine. They also said they would prefer the Onyx bass over a Squier Precision Bass.

UG, tell me in your opinion, what do you think of these?
I dont know about the amp but i've only ever played one Onyx and it was the worst bass i ever played i would not reccommend it at all.
And on the 7th day God created METAL!
But the Onyx has to be better than my Magnum PJ Bass right? It looks so ugly and doesn't sound bassy at all. =[

If you're going to say "No" or "they suck", please tell me why. =D
I suggest a setup for your magnum, they aren't the worst things in the world if you get it working right
Gear:
Washburn RB2500 (5 String)
Yamaha BB400 Fretless (1981)
Carlo Giordano 3/4 Upright (White)
Cort Action 4 (Stereo-fied)
Orange Bass Terror 500
Orange 1x15 Cab
Boss GT-6 Bass Multi-effects
I actually prefer how the Onyx Bass feels and how it sounds on the amp compared to my Magnum. I know they're both crappy branded guitars, but it's the best I can do for now as I'm not totally stuck into bass.. yet.
Quote by Mature Lamb
Hey guys my first post here on UG.

It's a Drive CD300B 30W amp,
Onyx Precision Bass,

UG, tell me in your opinion, what do you think of these?

on a 1 to 10, i give it a 2. Welcome to UG Bass!
i would offer no more than $100, for both. if the Onyx feels better, and you like the sound, and need a bass amp, i say go for it. just know, that it's still beginner level equipment.
Quote by 83lespaulstudio
on a 1 to 10, i give it a 2. Welcome to UG Bass!
i would offer no more than $100, for both. if the Onyx feels better, and you like the sound, and need a bass amp, i say go for it. just know, that it's still beginner level equipment.

Ty for the welcome. =] I'm still thinking of getting it as I don't really want to spend much, and I could easily resell my Magnum for the same price I got it for. Maybe in a few years when I get better at bass and I think it's time for an upgrade, I might look into getting a WAY better setup. =]
Don't think of gigs as a long term goal. They are more of a learning experiance than a result, and you may find yourself doing a gig sooner than you think. I did my first months after touching an instrument, and it helped me advance as a musician.
-Instruments-
Squier frankenbass
LTD Deluxe EC-1000 in Vintage Black
1960's Banjuke