I think they are two very simular amps?

Try them out and see which you prefer i guess is the best advice.
Gear!

Guitars:
Dean Hardtail Select
Dean ML Platinum,
Tanglewood Odyssey Acoustic.

Amps:
Peavey Classic 30

Other Stuff I Use:
Boss ME-50
Blackstar HT-Distx

http://www.last.fm/user/TomWales/
Quote by Tom!!

+1 I'd give the nod to the peavey myself, but I like the V16 better then both of them for tone.
Dean Icon PZ
Line 6 Variax 700
Dean V-Wing
Dean ML 79 SilverBurst
MXR M 108
H2O Chorus/Echo
Valve Junior (V3 Head/Cab and Combo)
VHT Special 6
Phonic 620 Power Pod PA
Wampler Super Plextortion
Line 6 Pod HD
Quote by Tom!!
I think they are two very simular amps?

I agree with him, i own the classic and it is very good. What styles do you play?
Schecter Gryphon
Peavey Classic 30
Boss Ds-1 Distortion Pedal
Heritage VIP 1(would like to sell)
I say the classic. Give them both a try though.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
I play classic rock and punk/hardcore. I am actually about to leave for guitar center right now to give them both a try.
Quote by the.spine.surfs
Owners of Classics and Palominos will vote accordingly. A/B them at Guitar Center.

I have a Classic 30, my son has a V16. They're both great amps, and very similar in tone. Peavey really has reliability on it's side, though. The difference in price should be in the $200 range, and you have to decide if that's worth it for the C30. Or, you could look for a used one.
You Don't Need a halfstack.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
Quote by slatsmania
I have a Classic 30, my son has a V16. They're both great amps, and very similar in tone. Peavey really has reliability on it's side, though. The difference in price should be in the $200 range, and you have to decide if that's worth it for the C30. Or, you could look for a used one.

+1 to a used one of either, a great value.

If you are tempted by a Palo, try and score a USA one. I think that'd put it about neck and neck with the Classic.
I tried out the Palomino and I found the gain to be very fizzy when I was playing chords but excellent on lead work. Other than that it was fine. I think it might have been the guitar, however, becauseit was a cheap guitar and had a ****ed up volume pot. I have the bad monkey for od anyway. I could only try the Delta Blues which I figured was pretty similar to the C30 and liked a lot. However, I think the Fender blues junior might have beat them all. I'm going to try the Palomino again with my guitar and then make my decision.
Based on my experience the gain on the Classic 30 is smoother than the Palomino.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Solder fume huffer σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Electronic Audio Experiments
Does anyone else know if the gain is smoother on the C30. That is what I am looking for. Decent cleans and smooth, rich overdrive. If this is true about the C30 I think I will get it, plus is much cheaper used.
The C30 has quite smooth gain.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
^
Lucky
I've been waiting months and I still don't have enough lol
Nice choice.. let us know what you think when you get it!

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Solder fume huffer σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Electronic Audio Experiments
Quote by esp1234
^
Lucky
I've been waiting months and I still don't have enough lol

I say get a job, or the only thing that one that don't or can't get a job is.... beg in the streets with your worse t-shirt that have holes in them and pants thats as bad or worse than the t-shirt
Jem 7dbk
Ibanez s540 custom
Ibanez RG570
Ibanez RG520
Ibanez Roadstar II RG410
Ibanez Destroyer II 80's
Schecter C-1 Blackjack
Gibson LP Studio Lite
Fender Start MIM
Kramer Sustainer
Jackson DKMG Dinky
Peavey XXX 40W
Vox DA5
Both good, I would wait to decide until you try them. However yes the Classic 30 is a great choice, quality amp and great tones. Very versatile as well, I got a C50 a couple months back and am only starting to see what it can do.
High Cardinal of Zeppelinism PM TheHeartbreaker to join and
"Co-Founder (and Yoda) of the Star Wars Universe. PM me or SethMegadefan to join.

' " The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death"...'-p.269-Deathly Hallows
Quote by Say Ocean
Used Classic 30 + new speaker

I'm buying used so I probably will get a new speaker, maybe some tubes. How are Celestion Vintage 30's?
^ I've changed both in my amps, speaker makes a whole world of difference, tubes only affect gain levels and a little tone
Quote by the.spine.surfs
+1 to a used one of either, a great value.

If you are tempted by a Palo, try and score a USA one. I think that'd put it about neck and neck with the Classic.

Yes. He is correct.

The USA Palo's (I was fortunate to get the last American V32 that my GC had in stodk) are amazing. I tested a few of the new foreign-made ones, and some were fizzy, some tone controls didn't reaspond as well, etc.

If you like the Palo, please, go for a USA if you can find it. But both amps are very similar. It just comes down to wihich sounds better to you.
--

How do you say "I'm okay" to an answering machine?

--
I tried the C30 about an hour ago and I loved it. It sounds wonderful, definetly gonna get it. Hopefully I'm gonna it tomorrow (My b-day )
^Nah, usually amps and their different components (like the tubes and speakers), will probably make a bigger tonal difference than a pickup swap.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
does the Palomino have alot of clean head room though? i was thinking about getting the v32 head or a traynor
Okay this is extreamly important. I've found two classic 30's on ebay that have speaker and tube changes. I just need some FAST input on which one is better.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&Item=310043251924&Category=10171&_trksid=p3907.m29
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&Item=110246035758&Category=10171&_trksid=p3907.m29
which gives me a better bang for my buck? please hurry!
Quote by martian18
does the Palomino have alot of clean head room though? i was thinking about getting the v32 head or a traynor

To be honest, go for the Traynor.

That's right! I have betrayed my amp!

The Palo has plenty of headroom. But the headroom also somewhat depends on the pickups you have.

Quote by mcrfobtai
Okay this is extreamly important. I've found two classic 30's on ebay that have speaker and tube changes. I just need some FAST input on which one is better.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&Item=310043251924&Category=10171&_trksid=p3907.m29
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&Item=110246035758&Category=10171&_trksid=p3907.m29
which gives me a better bang for my buck? please hurry!

I'd go for the second one. I like the speaker better, and I've never heard anything about the Lady Luck speaker.
--

How do you say "I'm okay" to an answering machine?

--
^
wait until the last 4mins or less and keep clicking on that refresh button for a better chance to win.
I just got a tweed peavey classic 30. Its the ****. I A/B it with a V32. They were both sweet. I ended up getting an great deal on th c30. so i took it of their hands. Great for blues. classic rock. its an in between amp. not an amazing cleans or high gain amp. but its solid overall amp.