Hey,
i've decided on building a head-cabinet for my new Ceriatone, and i'm totally gonna rip-off that design:

so I got some nice ply-wood, tolx, a handle, feet, corners.. but i have no real experience with wood-working .
is making a 'box' really complicated ?
With the right tools, a bit of research and some patience...easy.
peter

Last edited by GOD on the 7th day
Make sure that you drill pilot holes for your screws so you don't crack the wood. To get the right size drill bit, grab one of the screws you're going to use and find a bit thats slightly smaller than the shank of the screw. Make sure its the shank and not the threads.

When you cut the wood, don't cut right on the line you drew. Cut on the outside of it so your measurements don't get messed up. Always double and even triple check your measurements before you cut, too.

If you have any questions, you know where to go.
thanks
about that nifty oval hole, for air/showing the tubes.. i'm guessing i'll make a little hole with a drill, use an electric saw doing the shape (roughly) and then sand to perfection ?
Quote by Nezek
thanks
about that nifty oval hole, for air/showing the tubes.. i'm guessing i'll make a little hole with a drill, use an electric saw doing the shape (roughly) and then sand to perfection ?

The best way to do it in my opinion would be to make a template out of a thin piece of wood panelling. I like it because it's cheap, and it's easy to sand so it shouldn't take you long to get the right shape. Once you have the desired shape, clamp it down and use a router. In my opinion a tempalte is a much better way to go than doing it on your final design and risking messing it up. Just take your time.

Soon I'm going to be posting some tips and tricks I learned from my amp rebuild in my fuzzy link in sig. A lot of it, mainly the finishing, sanding, and applciation of the tolex, will apply to your build so check it out if you wish. I promise that's not a plug for my thread, just trying to help you out. You're more than welcome to message me if you'd like more in-depth discussions.
Guitar:
Dean Vendetta 3 - Dave Mustaine Livewires

Amplifier
Carvin X100B - Bias Mod - Tungsol 12AX7's - JJ KT77's

I have built the most badass 212 that puts all others to shame
I was checking out your thread (i'm the guy who proposed using your couch as tolex :P), there are useful things there, and i'll keep looking.
thanks again