i watched a goldfinger live show a fair while back and seen them light cymbals on fire and have wanted our drummer to do it ever since, does anyone have any idea on how we could achieve the effect of lighting the whole thing on fire for a decent amount of time? say 30+ secs?
lighter fluid?
Still awaiting his invitation to the coalition of intelligent pit users....

How many kids with ADD does it take to change a lightbulb?

Lets go ride our bikes
Deoderant, Lighter fluid, petrol.. many things

But i wouldnt advise trying it indoors
lmao how does your drummer feel about this, cos i wouldnt set my cymbals on fire if i was a drummer lol id be like alright you setting you guitar on fire as well?
My Stuff: Epi Black Beauty Les Paul with Bareknuckle Pickups, Fender Telecaster MIJ, Cort Electro acoustic, E-ross 12 string acoustic, Fender Hot Rod Deluxe, Cry Baby, BOSS DS-1 , Fulltone OCD, Digitech Whammy, Boss TU-3
Maybe that flammable gel that you get with little pot fires or something.

I wouldn't recommend it at all though. It CAN"T be good for your cymbals, the drummer from Goldfinger can most likely afford to replace cymbals after every tour.
Dissonance is Bliss

Signal Chain:
Carvin CT-4
Ibanez TS-9
Carvin Quad-X
TC Electronics G-Major
Mesa/Boogie 2:90
Ear Candy BuzzBomb

Member #4 of the Carvin Club
Lighter fluid for zippo type lighters poured over the cymbol. So some expermentes first and be careful when lighting it.
-Mithaearon-
"Just because you can, doesn't mean you should."
john bonham does that in The Song Remains The Same DVD except he sets a gong on fire as well as the mallet and the thing holding the gong

awesome!

although, unless your drummer is really rich, i don't think it's a good idea to do it
the cymbals might melt or something and then sound like a piece of scrap metal
Gear:
Jackson SL-3 Soloist w/ licensed Floyd Rose
Peavey VK 100 Head
Earcandy Boa 2X12 Cab w/ 70 watt Speakers
Fender Frontman 15 Watt Practice Amp

I'M SELLING A HOHNER HR1000 GUITAR. PM ME FOR INFO.
Quote by Guitar_Joe
lmao how does your drummer feel about this, cos i wouldnt set my cymbals on fire if i was a drummer lol id be like alright you setting you guitar on fire as well?

wed use a couple of old high hats or crashes on seperate stands
Watch the Pantera: 3 home video. They show you how they do it for the Video for 5 Minutes Alone. It looks like some guy just squirts lighter fluid on it and runs out of the shot.
this was done in a pantera video as well.....go rent or buy pantera 3 (awesome movie anyway) but they show the process of lighting the cymbal on fire........but yeah, theres always a risk of a) lighting the drumstick on fire, drummer flipping out and tossing it, then burning the building down or b) lighter fluid running somewhere else and burning the building down.....these lead to c) dont try this at home
actually theres this brake cleaning stuff u can get at walmart or w/e and it burns really good and pretty lengthy.... its a lot of fun
Quote by joshua029
a real guitarist would grow a 3rd arm and play that...
Quote by BloodyK13
actually theres this brake cleaning stuff u can get at walmart or w/e and it burns really good and pretty lengthy.... its a lot of fun

whats it called? and is it cheap lol
IF you burn a flammable fluid on teh cymbal then in theory it shouldn't damage it...

its just buring off the fuel. The temperature would never be high enough to melt the cymbal...But yea, try it on the drummers old cymbals he doesnt want anymore...just incase!
Gibson, Martin, Orange, Apple.
In marching band (**** you) they would put aluminum foil on the cymbals and then put the gel **** on there. Worked pretty well, no damage to the cymbals. Though that's a rather lengthy process to do during a set...
Put it in a girls bathroom in a school.

(That would make sense if you read the thread on the girl's school being on fire, I suppose.)