Page 1 of 2
I found this video and I thought I would put other people to the test.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fRU3GEwJTao

How many of you met the challenge?
radiantmoon is the toughest person I know. He inflects a sense of impending doom upon any who look upon his stone-chiseled face. The children run out of fear, while the men run for they know that the stories are true.
eerm.... i don't even know the song lolololololol

@clement no he just stands there spewing dumb **** trying to get you to subscribe to learn how to, according to him, learn to play the song correctly
Quote by Dillona
I think I want to have sex with you.

On topic: No, I haven't met any famous artists.

ofcourse i laughed xD

Quote by CoreysMonster
yeah we're all dead now. Turns out we've been in hell all along.

About the LHC

this thread is pointless and shamefull.

*reported*
Quote by joehhy
i will use my lvl 90 Golduck against the evil 4chans, they will not stand a chance

Quote by Led Pepplin
My penis is quite literally trembling in fear.

FLOCKDRAW!!!!!!! EPICS!!!!!
i CAN play twinkle twinkle in any key, in any position you choose.

scales rock

and

ITS GREAT TO LEARN CAUSE KNOWLEDGE IS POWER!! (seriously do other countries have school house rock?)
Quote by King Twili
It's just me and Doris here ;_;

Quote by Zaphikh
Poops is the chat MC - but here we know him as Early Cuyler.

Free Downloads, Yo!
I tried this... then started improvising over it... and I'm in some weird ass open tuning at the moment too :|
Quote by les_kris
Corwinoid is God
I'm not even God-like... I've officially usurped the Almighty's throne.
Click here to worship me.

Member #3 of the Corwinoid Fan Club
Quote by XXm3t@lXX

*reported*

No it isnt pointless. The point of the thread is to see how many guitar players can play a simple melody off the top off their head. You would be suprised at how many people cant actually do this.
radiantmoon is the toughest person I know. He inflects a sense of impending doom upon any who look upon his stone-chiseled face. The children run out of fear, while the men run for they know that the stories are true.
I had a harder time remembering twinkle twinkle than I did playing it :P
Quote by les_kris
Corwinoid is God
I'm not even God-like... I've officially usurped the Almighty's throne.
Click here to worship me.

Member #3 of the Corwinoid Fan Club
Quote by Corwinoid
I had a harder time remembering twinkle twinkle than I did playing it :P

lol. I find interesting that alot of people cant play this off the top of their head and are attempting to learn yngwie malmsteen songs.
Quote by Corwinoid
I tried this... then started improvising over it... and I'm in some weird ass open tuning at the moment too :|

he does a twinkle little start improv in this video at around the 4 minute mark.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-ZMNHHkHxY&feature=related
Can I play twinkle twinkle little star? Yeah sure give me 10 seconds to figure it out.
Quote by Geldin
Junior's usually at least a little terse, but he knows his stuff. I've always read his posts in a grouchy grandfather voice, a grouchy grandfather with a huge stiffy for alternate picking.
Besides that, he's right this time. As usual.
Quote by XXm3t@lXX

*reported*

If you ever do much live playing, on the fly, in several different keys, with no practice, you would know just how much of a valid point he really has. I for one, cannot do it. I can figure it out, sure, everybody can. But, to just sit down with no practice and play it with no mistakes, in any key, first time through... most people are lying to themselves if they say they can do it, even though it sounds crazy easy. That's the point, it's not.
hey am making a website about bass i have only made 1 page but i wanna no what ppl think be4 i make more pages plz leave a message on my message board telling mw what u think
I'm going to leave this open. It's not advertising, because I'm pretty sure radiantmoon's point is about being able to play by ear, from memory, not buying that guy's ****.

And a couple warnings/bannings for some people.
(Slightly outdated) Electronic and classical compositions by m'self: Check 'em out
Quote by psychodelia
I'm going to leave this open. It's not advertising, because I'm pretty sure radiantmoon's point is about being able to play by ear, from memory, not buying that guy's ****.

And a couple warnings/bannings for some people.

That is exactly the point im trying to make. Twinkle little star is just an example, can you do it with three blind mice,take me to the ball game, the national anthem. The idea is not to look at tabs and lay exactly what you hear in your head. You would be suprised at how many people cannot do this.
F twinkle twinkle..

can you finger out Happy Bday?

how about Braums Lullaby?

this thread is really just saying how important it is to know your scales/intervals
Quote by King Twili
It's just me and Doris here ;_;

Quote by Zaphikh
Poops is the chat MC - but here we know him as Early Cuyler.

Free Downloads, Yo!
not only can i play it i can recite it note for note (no reference around me). C for convenience:

twinkle twinkle little star
C C G G A A G
how i wonder what you are
F F E E D D C
up above the world so high
G G F F E E D
like a diamond in the sky
G G F F E E D
now i said my a b cs..
C C G G A A G
how i wonder what you are
F F E E D D C
Ah reminds me of my first keyboard lesson , badass song, and the guy above, thats how i play it
Gear List

Guitars
PRS SE Tremonti
Ltd Mh-100qmnt
Peavey Rotor ex
Crafter Acoustic

Amps
Bugera 333
Bugera 412h

Effects
Marshall Shredmaster
Line 6 MM4
Line 6 DL4
Ibanez Weeping Demon
Dan Electro Fish'n'chips
Ibanez LU-10
Quote by ouchies
lol was this supposed to be a challenge?

Yes. To some its ridiculously easy, and to others its impossibly hard. Some people can hear intervals, well making it easy, others can't. It is a valuable skill, and if you don't naturally have it, it is important to work on it.
Quote by isaac_bandits
Yes. To some its ridiculously easy, and to others its impossibly hard. Some people can hear intervals, well making it easy, others can't. It is a valuable skill, and if you don't naturally have it, it is important to work on it.

+1

the original post was actually one of the most sensible, fundamental things ever posted on this site. I feel sorry for the guys that dismissed it, because anyone who didn't get the point has a huge, gaping hole in their musical mindset.

Something like Twinkle Twinkle is pretty much ingrained in our psyche, sure we may not know the names of the notes or even play an instrument but we can sure as dammit hum that tune. If you play an instrument then reproducing that melody on it should be a straightforward task, if you can't do it or it's difficult then you need to reassess everything about your playing.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by branny1982
my mate Dan can play Twinkle Twinkle Little star.

yeah, i'm almost certain he can.

I hold my hands up mate, I certaily can'y play it like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rMn07FR5EsE&NR=1

I thnk i'll try and learn old macdonald instead me poo poo
Back To Beginner After Years of No Strumming Also Bass Learner

U-G nooB

Sunn Mustang owners- Go Here! Sunn Mustang Owners Group!
Steven S +1

CT
Could I get some more talent in the monitors, please?

I know it sounds crazy, but try to learn to inhale your voice. www.thebelcantotechnique.com

Chris is the king of relating music things to other objects in real life.
Quote by steven seagull
+1

the original post was actually one of the most sensible, fundamental things ever posted on this site. I feel sorry for the guys that dismissed it, because anyone who didn't get the point has a huge, gaping hole in their musical mindset.

Something like Twinkle Twinkle is pretty much ingrained in our psyche, sure we may not know the names of the notes or even play an instrument but we can sure as dammit hum that tune. If you play an instrument then reproducing that melody on it should be a straightforward task, if you can't do it or it's difficult then you need to reassess everything about your playing.

That was the point I was trying to make: Im suprised at so many people dismissing this. Its great that alot of you can play twinkle twinkle off the top of your head, but its also true that alot of people that have been playing for years cant do this. The guy in the video also asks if you can play it straight away in any key with no mistakes, first time through. I challenge you to try it with other nursery rhymes like three blind mice and humpty dumpty. Try out as many as you can to test your accuracy
Twinkle Twinkle I did fine with, but I don't even remember how any of the other ones people mentioned in this thread go. I see your point though. I definitely could not have done this if I hadn't worked on my ear as much as I had.
Page 1 of 2