Okay, so I'm getting some pickups for my guitar. I was thinking of buying some DiMarzio DeActivator pickups. They seem like the perfect thing for heavy metal, which is what I'm into. My friend told me that Seymour Duncan JB's were the best pickups to buy, though. I'm confused! Which should I buy?
"Acoustic Guitars are totally lame and not metal"- Nathan Explosion
id recomend a duncan jb for the bridge, and a duncan jazz for the neck.... its a really good combination imo.
Quote by tarheelfan2
Oh ****, I just found out I got pwned by Joey! Damn...

Quote by funkbass369
GASPPPP! another one pwned by joey!

Quote by funkyfigure8
Lulz Joey Is Teh Ownage I Want His Penus
I've heard good things about Dimarzio's...Might try them out some time. I have SD's though, and I like them a good bit. I think the full shred is better than the JB, but you may want to hear both, which you can at SD's site.

....buy sd's.........
My gear:
Schecter C-1+ w/ Seymour duncan Jazz (neck) and Full Shred (bridge), with Sperzels
B-52 LG-100A 4x12 half stack
Rogue LX405 Bass
Yamaha classical
Some sort of acoustic Squier
Boss Flanger
Lyon Chorus
Duncans are awesome.

JB/Jazz is great, I have them in my Jackson RR3!

ESP LTD MH-350NT
Hughes & Kettner Switchblade 100
Orange PPC412AD
Seagull S6 Cedar Slim
Manuel Rodríguez C1M

Guitarist of Ravenage
Drummer of Windrider
Solo Project is Aloeswood
Quote by JOEYPWNSU
id recomend a duncan jb for the bridge, and a duncan jazz for the neck.... its a really good combination imo.

Is that going to be good for the kind of music that I play? I'm a bit skeptical about doing that because it might not give me the heavy sound that I want. And can they hold out harmonics well?
DiMarzios. They sound great.
Gear:
Jackson Pro Series DK2 Dinky (Eerie Dess Swirl)
Ibanez XPT700 Xiphos (Chameleon Red) =D

Crate FXT65 amp with 3-way foot switch
Ibanez Weeping Demon Wah Pedal
I had seymour duncans and i think jb's are what come standard on cheap guitars. Either brand is good, but jb and jazz are not good for metal. Dimarzio does a good job with that. Just go to both websites and go to stores and see if they have guitars you can play with those pickups and decide. I switched to dimarzio and I feel like my music has more of an edge now IMO. As far as both brands its not the brand that "really" makes the difference it is the model. They both have pretty good models. Just research. I honestly don't think anyones opinion on this website will be able to help you. You have to use your own ears for that.
Quote by leadg
Just go to both websites and go to stores and see if they have guitars you can play with those pickups and decide.

That's a good idea, I'll do that. Thanks!
your friend's a retard. no offence or anything.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Twone_
Okay, so I'm getting some pickups for my guitar. I was thinking of buying some DiMarzio DeActivator pickups. They seem like the perfect thing for heavy metal, which is what I'm into. My friend told me that Seymour Duncan JB's were the best pickups to buy, though. I'm confused! Which should I buy?

Your friend is just regurgitating marketing spin - the JB is just very widely used.

For a basswood RG and a metal tone maybe look at the Dimarzio D-Sonic in the bridge and a Breed in the neck, or for more traditional heavy metal tones just a pair of Breeds.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
I use a Dimarzio Super Distorsion 3 in my ESP for metal. Very meaty pickup with a nice mid boost to allow a bit of scooping and still able to cut though in a live situation. It really shines when downtuned too.
ESP M-1 - Dimarzio Super3
Ibanez RG3270 ToneZone/Blue Velvet/Paf Pro
Ibanez RG1527
PRS CE22
Mercer Blackmachine Replica

Diezel Herbert
Diezel Einstein Combo
TC GMajor

Gain Wh0re and Diezel Mafioso
I used to really like Duncans... until I played a few guitars with DiMarzios in them. DiMarzios are much better for metal for the most part (imo). I like duncans more for their bluesy tones, but pretty much any DiMarzio humbucker is great for metal.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com