Hey guys, I've recently been looking into the new guitar from B.C. Rich, the Draco. I saw it a few days ago on Muscians Friend and apparently they are mass producing them, unlike last year, only having a limited stock. I bought an epiphone LP standard a few months ago, and I hate it, so I was looking at selling it and buying this guitar. Its pickups don't seem to be the best right out of the box, so I would probably replace them. Anyone have any opinions whatsoever on this guitar? Heres the link if you're interested in seeing it: http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/B.C.-Rich-Draco-V-Electric-Guitar?sku=516087
Guitarss:

Ibanez RG5EX1

Ibanez RG7321

B.C. Rich Archtop Bich
Jesus! That's not a guitar, it's an m-fing battle axe!
Quote by Teh Traineez0rz
yeah was weird cause she liked us both but she loved him and for some reason she let me know beforehand.

i just wanted her poon and she wanted me to have her poon.

so i had myself some poon.
looks veeeeeeeeeeeeery unpractical...
Don't think the guitar will feel comfy...

though...

it will look nice as smash-guitar on stage
Ive always been kind of on the fence with B.C. Rich in terms of how they look, but sir, that is a kickass guitar
Quote by masterk1818
I tell him to stop but he doesn't listen.

He just keeps thrusting

^Talking about his dog

THERE CAN ONLY BE ONE

^if you don't get it, search for Duel of the Farts
umm how can i say this nicely... if you dont like the Epi Les Paul then you:

A. Hate the wieght
B. Hate the pickups
and/or
C. Hate it for being an Epi and not a Gibson

and about the Draco:

A. it's HEAVIER
B. the pickups sound like you're playing through a walmart microphone
and
C. dude. it's a BC Rich. if you arnt playing Death metal...everyone will LOL at that ridiculous thing passing as a guitar.
Quote by mp3stalin

A. Hate the wieght
B. Hate the pickups
and/or

and about the Draco:

A. it's HEAVIER
and
C. dude. it's a BC Rich. if you arnt playing Death metal...everyone will LOL at that ridiculous thing passing as a guitar.

Wtf are you talking about? Rockfield's are damn nice pickups.
And if he likes the shape of the guitar, who cares?
Quote by primusfan
It wasn't mean, it was Portuguese.

Master Saruwatari of the Pit Samurai Pm theguitarist to join

Membro do clube Português do UG.
it's ugly.

'nuff said.
Quote by Dillona
I think I want to have sex with you.

On topic: No, I haven't met any famous artists.

ofcourse i laughed xD

Quote by CoreysMonster
yeah we're all dead now. Turns out we've been in hell all along.

About the LHC

Quote by mp3stalin

A. Hate the wieght
B. Hate the pickups
and/or

and about the Draco:

A. it's HEAVIER
and

I mostly hate the epi because the upper frets aren't very easy to reach..and yeah I play a lot of metal, I have other guitars to play lighter stuff with XD
Guitarss:

Ibanez RG5EX1

Ibanez RG7321

B.C. Rich Archtop Bich
Last edited by IxXRuinXxI at Apr 25, 2008,
Quote by jmag
Wtf are you talking about? Rockfield's are damn nice pickups.
And if he likes the shape of the guitar, who cares?

when you add a sustain amount of distortion that covers the bad sounding...
Thanks for the responses..the guitar has gotten decent reviews, and I already own a B.C. Rich, so I kind of have an idea what I'm in for. The shape doesn't seem like it will bother me nearly as much as other guitars have, and hey if I end up not liking it, Musicians Friend always has a 45 day satisfaction guarantee XD.
Guitarss:

Ibanez RG5EX1

Ibanez RG7321

B.C. Rich Archtop Bich
Gross. It's definitely not a bad guitar spec wise, but damn is it disgusting. But hey, if you like it, go for it. Rockfield pickups FTW.
Heads will roll. Throats will be slit. Blood will flow like springs of water.
i dont mind a pointy guitar from monson or KXK.. but that things just ugly.
Grammar and spelling omitted as an exercise for the reader.
Actually, you just helped me pick my next guitar thanks.

How would you compare a BC Rich neck to say.... a Wizard II neck?
Gear:
Jackson Pro Series DK2 Dinky (Eerie Dess Swirl)
Ibanez XPT700 Xiphos (Chameleon Red) =D

Crate FXT65 amp with 3-way foot switch
Ibanez Weeping Demon Wah Pedal
Quote by MurderWorship
Actually, you just helped me pick my next guitar thanks.

How would you compare a BC Rich neck to say.... a Wizard II neck?

Well having played both, the BC Rich neck is a little bit thicker but not a whole lot. I enjoy both of my six string's necks, but I guess it just comes down to opinion. I don't see a whole lot of difference, but you may.
Guitarss:

Ibanez RG5EX1

Ibanez RG7321

B.C. Rich Archtop Bich
This guitar is supposed to be a metal guitar and im a metal guitarists and just let me say B.C Rich's fail terribly at being good metal guitars. The sound like a cheap guitar from toys r us or something you buy for your 5 years old.
you need a sheath for that axe
The nice part about being a pessimist is that you are constantly being either proven right or pleasantly surprised
-George Will

Also caught her playing fallout boy on my guitar, changed my strings and cleaned it the next day.
Quote by mp3stalin

A. Hate the wieght
B. Hate the pickups
and/or

and about the Draco:

A. it's HEAVIER
and

My god you're retarded.
Rockfields are awesome and BC Rich makes Strats and LP's as well, but by your logic they can only be used for death metal.
Retard.

[quote="'Jeremy[OSM"]']This guitar is supposed to be a metal guitar and im a metal guitarists and just let me say B.C Rich's fail terribly at being good metal guitars. The sound like a cheap guitar from toys r us or something you buy for your 5 years old.
This guy is pretty stupid too.
Last edited by 3lusiv3 at Apr 26, 2008,
Yeah 3lusiv3 im not trying to insult you even though you insulted me but ive been playing guitar for 11 years and i have owned about every brand of guitar and i had a B.C Bich and it was the worst thing i ever bought. I do think rockfields are pretty good but you can buy A LOT better stuff than that. If you want to go for a metal guitar go with something that doesnt only deliver good low end and beef you got to bet something that holds a little more sustain. It mostly depends on what kind of metal you play so yeah. If you like it im not going to say dont buy it but im just sayin look at your other options first.
[quote="'Jeremy[OSM"]']Yeah 3lusiv3 im not trying to insult you even though you insulted me but ive been playing guitar for 11 years and i have owned about every brand of guitar and i had a B.C Bich and it was the worst thing i ever bought. I do think rockfields are pretty good but you can buy A LOT better stuff than that. If you want to go for a metal guitar go with something that doesnt only deliver good low end and beef you got to bet something that holds a little more sustain. It mostly depends on what kind of metal you play so yeah. If you like it im not going to say dont buy it but im just sayin look at your other options first.

Ok, I apologise. I jumped to a conclusion and judged you on your join date.
Tell me exactly (if you can remember) what kind of BC Rich it was.
I presume it was during that period of obscurity between the early 90s and 2007 when they pumped out loads of Agathis crap with humbuckers that were made by a five year old.
Basically, you are judging the whole brand on one, single, drop-in-the-ocean guitar.
Lately though, their guitars can't be beat. Neck thru, Mahogany, Rockfields, OFRs for roughly $600 - $700.
But yeah, keeping your options open is always good, it just seems that the most ignorant people are here on UG. That's why I jumped to conclusions.
Its chill bro dont worry about it i dont hold it against ya. It was just a standard Bich model and i bought it a couple of years ago from apple music in downtown portland. I dont remember what year it was but yeah. I havnt played any B.C richs because of that guitar so yeah. Your makin me want to go try out one of the new models now that you said more about them hahaha. I was lookin at the kerry king v on musicians friend a lil bit ago what do you have to say on that cause it looks pretty fun to play.
[quote="'Jeremy[OSM"]']Its chill bro dont worry about it i dont hold it against ya. It was just a standard Bich model and i bought it a couple of years ago from apple music in downtown portland. I dont remember what year it was but yeah. I havnt played any B.C richs because of that guitar so yeah. Your makin me want to go try out one of the new models now that you said more about them hahaha. I was lookin at the kerry king v on musicians friend a lil bit ago what do you have to say on that cause it looks pretty fun to play.

Hmm, if it's the neck thru+kahler one, I'd say go nuts
Quote by mp3stalin

The first person I think of using B.C. Rich with any consistency is Neil Giraldo, and then to a lesser extent hide (not a B.C. Rich, but it was a Fernandes Mockingbird copy). Never saw a death metal guitarist use one, but I don't really follow the genre.
Quote by Matheau
The first person I think of using B.C. Rich with any consistency is Neil Giraldo, and then to a lesser extent hide (not a B.C. Rich, but it was a Fernandes Mockingbird copy). Never saw a death metal guitarist use one, but I don't really follow the genre.

Exactly, the first people I think of when I think of BC Rich are Mick Thomson, Dave Mustaine, Slash and Nikki Sixx.

IMO the Draco is horrible looking. I'd suggest you pick a more practical shape, cos it's not exactly going to be comfortable to wear by the looks of things
Ibanez RG1570 w/ Bareknuckle Pickups
Ibanez RG655
PRS SE Fredrik Åkesson Singlecut
Blackstar HT-5
Harley Benton G212 Vintage
BOSS TU-2
MXR M-108
Digitech Bad Monkey
holy hell, somewhere theres a dragon with no wing..

god damn its ugly.
My red is so confident that he flashes trophies of war and
ribbons of euphoria
Quote by mp3stalin

A. Hate the wieght
B. Hate the pickups
and/or

and about the Draco:

A. it's HEAVIER
and

That made me LOL
Quote by 666_Pounder
If you don't have enough for tube get a Roland Cube.

Equipment:
Fender Squire Fat Strat Affinity series
Some cheap amp....