This is one of his songs from the Thumbsucker movie soundtrack. I absolutely love this song but I am having some brain farts figuring this one out.

Any help on this one would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance!
Well, it's originally a Cat Stevens song, the chords for which are available here on UG. I've listened to both versions and it doesn't sound like Elliot plays it much differently, save for maybe a capo.
Quote by Akira13
Well, it's originally a Cat Stevens song, the chords for which are available here on UG. I've listened to both versions and it doesn't sound like Elliot plays it much differently, save for maybe a capo.

Kewl... thank you for the reply!!

I didn't know that was a cover. I guess I was showing my ignorance, but I really appreciate your help.
I'm still kinda stuck on this song... it's bugging the crap out of me. There's 2 changes in the song that don't make since to me from what I'm reading in the tab. I'll buy someone a six-pack if they can break them down for me dummy style. I've put them in bold. It's just 2 chords riffs that are killing me to get them to sound right.

If you listen to the Elliot Smith version you can hear these chords riffs that are more defined and those are the one commented below with a wtf??? that I can't figure out.

Any help is appreciated.

I'm serious about the beer! Cheers!!

Am C Am Am7 addF#/addE/addD wtf???
1)I have seen your face and it's too much, too much for me
2)I have seen your face and it's too much for me today
3)I have paid my debt now won't you leave me in misery

G D/F#
1)Trouble, oh, trouble can't you see,
2)Trouble, oh, trouble can't you see,
3)Trouble, oh, trouble please be kind,

Am C Am * Am7 Am F D also...wtf???
1)You're eating my heart away and there's nothing much left of me (a)
Last edited by chunky_charlie at Sep 28, 2008,