Hi, I'm wanting to learn a bit more rock on the guitar as opposed to the blues stuff i mainly play. The problem is I want to be able to learn stuff up and down the neck, basic rock pyrotechnics but i'm not sure where to start. I am in the middle of learning to play Sweet Child of Mine, just getting it up to speed but what i would like is some examples of rock songs with imaginitive sols that i can learn from. Not too interested in tapping yet.

Any ideas????
Look into some of the lessons on UG, most rock stuff is mainly standard major and minor chords, powerchords and use of the pentatonic scale.
Quote by jxljxl
Fais wins at life

The obscenely young leader of the Laney Cult

Member of the EHX Guild
Quote by Strats My Boy
Hi, I'm wanting to learn a bit more rock on the guitar as opposed to the blues stuff i mainly play. The problem is I want to be able to learn stuff up and down the neck, basic rock pyrotechnics but i'm not sure where to start. I am in the middle of learning to play Sweet Child of Mine, just getting it up to speed but what i would like is some examples of rock songs with imaginitive sols that i can learn from. Not too interested in tapping yet.

Any ideas????

if your just starting out a few good things to play are things like crazy train, fade to black solo, always with me always with you by joe satriani is fun and pretty easy 2.