Okay, thats a horrible thread title, but, It's kinda hard to explain.

The other day I was just messing around with the solo to Sweating Bullets. (something nice and easy (Yet challenging for me), just to have some fun) I recorded my playing (First time I've done that) to see what was going on/watch/look for stuff I suck at. I noticed something that stood out to me. As I reach for the lower strings, my fingers flatten way out (As in the end of my pinky bends backwards kinda) And strangely, I noticed I have issues with the lower strings.

Now, I say this because A) The solo has that crazy descending part that I've been working on, and I would say I have the first chunk down (until say, the 4th string) but the notes on the 5th and 6th fall on there face.

Now, I decided to upload these 3 (There is three, though, all may not be up yet) Just to see what you guys think. And the mid section I havent really learned yet, so thats why its so slow, plus, I like a change in pace. I'd be interested to know what you guys think about the problem I think I noticed, and which of the 3 are best.

http://www.youtube.com/EmptyBox007

All the vids are in there, I'd personally say v2 is best, but no where near great (Hey, I've been playing for 4 months (Though, sax for 6 years lol! Not metal enough )
Last edited by Empty Box at Apr 25, 2008,
the sound of the guitar sounds empty may i ask were was ur channel selector facing

some parts sound smooth which is good meaning overtime u will achieve ur goal and play it flawlessly

so yeah just keep working at it and u will get
Quote by Martindecorum
the sound of the guitar sounds empty may i ask were was ur channel selector facing

some parts sound smooth which is good meaning overtime u will achieve ur goal and play it flawlessly

so yeah just keep working at it and u will get

Thanks, Actually, I think that is just the camera's mic doing that. I think. Then again, I have been playing for 4 months, on a horrible amp, so... Your probably right. (Its just some crappy 10W practice amp (My next purchase is a new amp (I had to go guitar first... I mean, cmon, might as well learn with the tool your gonna use)

I think the amp was set for a good chunk of gain and treble at around 7, mids around 5 and bass around 4.