Hello Frenzied!

Anyway, yea. This band is great. My favorite of the southern hardcore genre.
http://www.myspace.com/theshowdown
They only have live recordings up, but you'll get the idea. Their singer is hilarious when he talks haha. They're pretty intensely christian, and it shows in their lyrics, but not in their show, which I appreciate. A Monument Encased In Ash is my favorite.
The first album is better than the second.

The singer is funny live... he is such a hick.
None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free.
meh
didn't really like the first album, but I didn't hate it
second one didn't even get my attention
And you can't spell funeral
without fun
hope you had a good time
cuz now your life is done
Quote by nebiru

I only have A Chorus of Obliteration, so I dont have a basis of comparison. I saw them last year and Im seein them again tonight. They're so good live, but yea the singer's pretty funny. (It's Frenzied, whether or not he'll admit it)
Quote by nebiru

He IS such a hick. He makes the rest of us from TN look bad. We don't all really act/talk like that.
Nah, their new material was heavy as hell. I dunno what you've heard. A Monument Encased in Ash was the least heavy song of their set.
And only one guitarist was there. Wierd. Still amazing.
One guitarist just recently quit.

But yeah, I'm still really confused. Monument Encased in Ash is off their first album. I know that stuff is hella heavy. Temptation Come My Way was not heavy at all. They might have been playing material of their NEWEST album that they literally just recorded, in which case, I haven't heard any of that.
Quote by Frenzied
One guitarist just recently quit.

But yeah, I'm still really confused. Monument Encased in Ash is off their first album. I know that stuff is hella heavy. Temptation Come My Way was not heavy at all. They might have been playing material of their NEWEST album that they literally just recorded, in which case, I haven't heard any of that.

oh oh. yea, thats what most of their set came from. It's insane. They followed Arsis and didn't sound out of place. Thats how heavy they were haha. The drummer was insane on the new stuff. It's extremely thrashy.
Quote by saxaxe
oh oh. yea, thats what most of their set came from. It's insane. They followed Arsis and didn't sound out of place. Thats how heavy they were haha. The drummer was insane on the new stuff. It's extremely thrashy.

What, were u at Jaxx?
I saw them there there pretty good but honestly I only went to see Droid and Arsis.
My Sig =
EPIC FAIL
Quote by MetalOblivion93
What, were u at Jaxx?
I saw them there there pretty good but honestly I only went to see Droid and Arsis.

Nah, the Recher.
Droid kinda sucked haha. I was there for Arsis and The Showdown.