I've been a memeber of this site for a while so i wouldn't usually bother people with the whole "what amp" question, but i really want to know if there are any decent high gain all tube combo's for around £300-£400. It has to have two or more channels, decent cleans (not spectacular), a hell of a lot of gain and HAS to be a combo. Iv'e got sick of my laney vh100r I love the tone but i just cant get it around places, it's to bloody big. Also don't reccomend the randall RG50TC as it's cleans were sucky and it was unreliable, and yes i've already looked at the "which amp" section.
I also need help with finding and amp with the same spec and price you're looking for.
My Gear

Guitar
DEAN Razorback Shards
Wesley crappy cheap thing

Amps
Cheap Crappy Freedom Practice AMP 15watts
VOX AD50 Valtronix
maybe try a Marshall DSL401? I got mine 4 about £400, and its a cool piece of kit. 3 channels, one clean, 2 OD. Try before buying tho, same as with any other expensive bit 'o kit. Plus its on the heavy side, 20kg+
Peavey Valveking 112 or 212 /thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by ihavnofingrprnt
well there are only three true people alive today who are actually possesed by satan

Dakota Fanning, the kfc general dude, and my neighbor and all of them dont have much musical ability
it has plenty of gain i recon, the problem is getting ahold of one, since they are discontinued
PEAVEY VALVEKING 212 ftw, i got one for christmass, its AMAZING . great value for money.
Quote by DaddyTwoFoot
If your vegetarian girl harasses you about eating meat, snap back with, "Eating more entirely defenseless plants that provide us with oxygen?"

That'll shut that bitch up faster than two black eyes.

Quote by timi_hendrix
Buy a 2x12 for your Laney?

+1

Failing that look into a JCM900 with an OD for extra gain. Probably the best Marshall cleans around and the OD channel has plenty of gain on tap (it goes up to 20 :P) but like I said, if anymore is needed, an OD will get you there no problem.
Gear:
Epiphone SG Standard - Natural Wood Finish + SD Alnico Pro 2 Bridge Pickup
Epiphone Les Paul Standard - Limited Edition Green
Ibanez S470
Blackstar HT-100 Head
Harley Benton 2x12 Vintage 30's
Vox AC4TV
Vox VT15
Quote by Supernaut2k
it has plenty of gain i recon, the problem is getting ahold of one, since they are discontinued

It's the Hayden Peacemaker now.
Happy, lost and still unaware.
Quote by Alicee
I gave my brother a hand job. It was weird at first. It was weirder after.

Fender '72 Telecaster Deluxe & Epiphone ES-335 "Dot"
Laney VC15 + Ibanez TS808

I Don't Play Metal.
There's about £30 difference. The finish is nicer on the Hayden, and it's hand-wired (which I don't think the FA was), but it's identical otherwise.
Happy, lost and still unaware.
Quote by Alicee
I gave my brother a hand job. It was weird at first. It was weirder after.

Fender '72 Telecaster Deluxe & Epiphone ES-335 "Dot"
Laney VC15 + Ibanez TS808

I Don't Play Metal.
Last edited by happy-and-lost at Apr 25, 2008,
OMG just saw the Hayden. Christ that's a nice amp. Think that will be my next purchase.
My Gear

Guitar
DEAN Razorback Shards
Wesley crappy cheap thing

Amps
Cheap Crappy Freedom Practice AMP 15watts
VOX AD50 Valtronix