Hey all i've been without an amp for almost 2 months now - just been playing my acoustic.. i stopped by a 2nd hand store to see what they had. They had 3 amps on show and not all priced (i guess i could barter the price down) and was wondering if they were any good.

How much should i pay for 2nd hand? could you give me an estimate of how much i SHOULDNT pay? eg dont pay more than £50 etc?

Links are not to actual amps im buying just the same models so you can view specs.

Choices are:

a Carlsbro Bassbaby
http://www.dolphinmusic.co.uk/page/shop/flypage/product_id/8443

Watson XBIO (Cant seem to find it (anyone help?)

Peavey Blazer 158 Transtube Series. Link to one here

http://www.coda-music.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=28_90&products_id=635

ANy help would be greatly appreciated

Btw i play all music mainly but i dont have an electro acoustic so not looking for an acoustic-y amp

Thanks alot guys
Yeah bassbaby is for a bassguitar i think so thats out of the picture peavey looks good was £39 in window so maybe i can haggle it down
39 quid for that Peavey is not too much. (if my calculation to euro's is correct).

Besides it's a great practice amp.
Get a Roland Microcube - £65, best value practice amp around. Sure, there's cheaper amps that are "louder", but they sound like turd.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
I'll have a look around some guitar shops in my town but its a pretty small place not much choice... might put some more choices up here.

RE the peavey : I read a lot of reviews it didnt seem to fit my paly style but maybe i can have a practice on it in the store.

btw steven i like your name

Do you gyys pick them up from guitar shops or do you order them online? To get the one you really want?
Quote by steven seagull
Get a Roland Microcube - £65, best value practice amp around. Sure, there's cheaper amps that are "louder", but they sound like turd.

I actually prefer the Peavey practice amps, but the Microcube is a good option.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Solder fume huffer σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Electronic Audio Experiments
At that level, Peavey - Vox - Roland all make good practice amps. Try them and see what you prefer. One will stand out in your opinion of them.