Is the Ibanez X-tone TBX15R any good?
I've been looking into a new ss practice amp for ages now and I'd really like to actually choose one so I can get over the summer.

Thanks
I personally think Ibanez should stick to guitars/basses. I'm sure the amps are good, but it just doesn't seem right. Like seeing a Marshall guitar. If you want a good practise amp I'd recommend the Line 6 Spider 3 series. Maybe the 50 watt one. That's got all the really cool presets on there
Quote by A-G-guitarist
I personally think Ibanez should stick to guitars/basses. I'm sure the amps are good, but it just doesn't seem right. Like seeing a Marshall guitar. If you want a good practise amp I'd recommend the Line 6 Spider 3 series. Maybe the 50 watt one. That's got all the really cool presets on there

WHAT? No!. Don't listen to this man, it is a terrible amp. Get something like a roland CUbe 30x, or Vox AD30VT
Gear
Epiphone G-400
Orange Tiny Terror
Marshall 1936 2x12 Cabinet
Blackstar HT-Dual
MXR 10-Band EQ
Quote by polaroidvision
WHAT? No!. Don't listen to this man, it is a terrible amp. Get something like a roland CUbe 30x, or Vox AD30VT

This guy knows what he's talking about. Do NOT buy a Spider, you WILL regret it.
Quote by Vincent Vega
Haikus are awesome
but sometimes they don't make sense
Refrigerator

Quote by KissingShadows
People always tell me I solo like Zakk Wylde. Thats how I know that I suck.
Quote by polaroidvision

So many people dont like the line 6 spider 3's for some reason, blaming it on not being a tube and sounding "too digital" yet most probably havent even played on one
If you like tubes, get a small tube amp for its good quality
If you like an affordable, decent sounnding amp, get a solid state
REMEMBER tubes are older technology for a reason

EDIT: I like my spider after playing on many other amps, and you dont have to follow the bandwagon either..
Quote by jarudy
So many people dont like the line 6 spider 3's for some reason, blaming it on not being a tube and sounding "too digital" yet most probably havent even played on one

EDIT: I like my spider after playing on many other amps, and you dont have to follow the bandwagon either..

Many of us used to have modeling amps like the Spider series and we don't like them for a reason, they do sound digital. There are many good SS amps out there that don't sound awful.

Remember, tubes are old technology but they're still around for a reason: they sound better than SS in most cases. If they were just old technology then nobody would buy them.
Quote by Vincent Vega
Haikus are awesome
but sometimes they don't make sense
Refrigerator

Quote by KissingShadows
People always tell me I solo like Zakk Wylde. Thats how I know that I suck.
Quote by jarudy

when i worked at a music shop I was asked to demo one for a customer. After having already demo'd a flextone for him, the tone on the spider was just freaking bad it was embarassing for myself, and the store.

on a positive note, the god awful sounds from the spider sold the flextone in a heartbeat
Grammar and spelling omitted as an exercise for the reader.
Maybe some people don't have a problem with that "digital" sound. Remember, this guy's getting a PRACTISE amp so chances are he won't be turning it up loud enough for you to hear the difference. And ok, if not a Line 6, then maybe the Roland Cube 30 or something. Sheesh, don't bite my head off cause I made the wrong suggestion!