im having real problems switching between chords, anytips on how to over come this?
just practice different chord shapes back and fourth till its easy. it just comes down to practice
pick two chords your having trouble with...for the sake of argument I'll use D major and E major as points of reference.

Play a D major four times slowly, then take as much time as you need to switch to E major (making sure your fingering it correctly, not muting any notes etc...) and play that four times slowly.

Then...repeat the process until you have it down. It takes a little while and it's a bitch, but its like riding a bike, once you get it, you got it.
Quote by Jack Off Jill
Because when I was younger I would wrap dollar bills around my wang while masturbating to get that extra dirty feeling.

Even though I quit doing it, it still turns me on when I see money.

Http://magnumman.dmusic.com
once you think you have a good amount of chords down, take a few, like A, B, C, D, etc etc... and just practice switching in different order. it doesn't have to sound good or sound like a song just work on switching from different chords.
i agree with all these guys. i remember having serious problems switching between chords as well. unfortunately, the only way to get around it is to go back and forth between the chords over and over and over. do it slow at first so that you get it right and then try increasing speed. it also helps if you have a metronome. it'll help you do it both quicker and in time. good luck!
What helped me was finding a song with 3 simple chords G,C,D. I would just try playing with the music. If you miss a chord just keep going. Eventually you will be hitting them all.
I have the same problem, but I think just practicing in general at guitar makes you have more agility in your hand and then you can transition better. Anything that makes you move your hand around in different ways helps from what i've found by playing, but i still suck lol. I think i'm going to try and practice some chord transitions as well because i really suck at them :P
The muscles in your fingers are for one not used to the new cord positions and at first you will have to use effort to push the strings down. This causes your hand to become cramped and tensed and so it is harder to arch your fingers over the strings naturally. If your new to guitar than you will develop calluses after awhile which will ease the pain of playing there by removing much tension. After you practice for while your hands will become lose and it will require hardly any pressure at all to push the strings down and than your start fingering these cords naturally. I have not played long and so I am just now leaning the Major Triads and at first I could not for the life of me play all the notes cleanly especially for E and D Major Triad. Well after practicing for a day I came back to play a day later and bingo I was playing them cleanly without much effort at all. I play alot and so depending on how much you play will dictate how long this will take. You have the coordination so just keep practicing and soon it will be nothing to play these cords.
come up with a strict practice regimen as well, that also helps.

Start of with some chromatic exersizes to get the fingers and hands nice and loose then move on to either

Learning a new scale that day
Learning a new song that day
Work on chord changes/learning new chords
etc. etc. try not to dilly dally around when your practicing or get sidetracked, make sure its 2-3 hours of real practice...if that makes sense

Maybe you already do this, i dont know...but i know i used to just do whatever when I was "practicing" but once i made myself do certain things in a certain way i got a lot better a lot quicker
Quote by Jack Off Jill
Because when I was younger I would wrap dollar bills around my wang while masturbating to get that extra dirty feeling.

Even though I quit doing it, it still turns me on when I see money.

Http://magnumman.dmusic.com