Ok im building a strat and i need a little help. I have ordered almost all of the parts i need on ebay. Right know i have a 3 tone sunburst highway one body, a rosewood deluxe stratocaster neck, and a 57 white loaded strat pickguard. So all I need to order is a set of all the hardware pieces. Im thinking of getting chrome hardware oposed to gold hardware. So now that you know what my guitar is basically gonna be like i have a few questions. Would the pickguard and the neck be good with this Highway One strat body? And my other question is that i kinda want a shiny finish to the guitar like most strats, so i was wondering if i could buff it then put gloss on it?? My dad is very handy so putting it together and putting the gloss on it will not be a problem. Thanks.

Hope you can help!!
well, how good it looks if your opinion- other people might rip u for it or say they love it, but in the end, ur gonna end up playin it, so who cares what everyone else thinks? And as for the finish, just buffing should give it a nice gloss finish- if that doesnt work, then yeaqh, gloss it.
Gibson SG Faded
Epi VJ Stack

Quote by Øttər
Whenever I clean my guitars, my family wonders why it smells so good; I say that I exude a fresh citrus scent from hidden orifices.
They stopped asking
anyone else?? How would the neck go with it. Im not asking if it would look good, i want to know if it is okay to put it on a Highway One body and if it will sound good.
oh thats what u meant... sorry about my rant then yeah it'll sound fine-really, its all the same stuff with a different name- "highway one" basically refers to the finish
Gibson SG Faded
Epi VJ Stack

Quote by Øttər
Whenever I clean my guitars, my family wonders why it smells so good; I say that I exude a fresh citrus scent from hidden orifices.
They stopped asking
Alright cool so you guys think that 57 white pickguard will be good? Because i payed alot for it and the pickups look really nice.
Quote by AngusJimiKeith
oh thats what u meant... sorry about my rant then yeah it'll sound fine-really, its all the same stuff with a different name- "highway one" basically refers to the finish

So if i buff it and then gloss it will it pretty much be a American Standard.
pretty much- unless the clearcoat REALLY sucks...
Gibson SG Faded
Epi VJ Stack

Quote by Øttər
They stopped asking
Quote by AngusJimiKeith
pretty much- unless the clearcoat REALLY sucks...

Well what would you recommend?? Cause i want it to be nice.