Right my pedal board has completely gone to ****.

I'm using a Soundlab Pedal Power 450 to power my pedals: a behringer distortion modeller, a flanger and a tube overdrive. When I plug them in they don't turn on when all connected to the pedal block.

Now the wire at the back of the Pedal Power is loose but I can't get it open. Anyone have any remedies for this problem?

EDIT: Tested Behringer pedals with battery, all work. Must be power supply. We opened it up but there's no obvious damage. Any help?
Last edited by Heavens_To_Hell at Apr 25, 2008,
I'm not familiar with than power block, but is the polarity set correctly? Make sure everything is positive. If that doesn't work, its probably just broken. Go buy a 1Spot, TU-2 w / daisy chain, or a pedal board with built in power supplies.
Suhr Custom, Flaxwood Rautia or Grosh Tele thru
HBE Medicine Bawl Wah
Analogman BiComp
Texas Two Step OD
Fulltone Ultimate Octave/Fuzz
Boss CE-2
TC Nova Delay
SLO-100, 65 London or Bogner Shiva
Ask me about any of this stuff!
Does the power supply work with just one or such pedal plugged in?

It honestly sounds like your power supply is just out of "juice", not broken. With a quick look up online, I see it is rated at an output of 450mA. This is not a lot of current; I imagine if you connected several pedals to the thing, you would not have enough current to supply the pedals (and thus, nothing would work or get powered). For example; one of my Boss pedal's only needs like ~150mA, but I have a wah that needs 500mA... if I hooked both of them up to your power supply; nothing would happen (because 500mA+150mA=650mA, which 650mA>450mA... so nothing would get power, because each pedal is basically fighting to get the current it needs, but none of them will get what they need cause there is not enough to go around).

Edit: This is not a "bad" power supply. It advertises it can support 6 pedals, because it probably can support 6 pedals on average. Your typical pedal ranges from needing ~70mA to ~200mA, or something like that. So a bunch of these pedals connected would work. But if you just happen to have a "power hungry" pedal, it just won't work out. But, if this is not your problem (ie, you hooked them all up before and its worked, and now it doesn't)... then yes, something is probably wrong, and that loose power-cord (or whatever) is probably your culprit.
Last edited by CyBerAliEn at Apr 25, 2008,
Quote by handlerb
I'm not familiar with than power block, but is the polarity set correctly? Make sure everything is positive. If that doesn't work, its probably just broken. Go buy a 1Spot, TU-2 w / daisy chain, or a pedal board with built in power supplies.

Polarity? I'm not sure what you mean :S

This hasn't happened before so I dunno,it has been working fine for months up til now.

http://www.hartnollguitars.co.uk/products.asp?id=1930

There's a link to the product page.
Quote by CyBerAliEn
Does the power supply work with just one or such pedal plugged in?

It honestly sounds like your power supply is just out of "juice", not broken. With a quick look up online, I see it is rated at an output of 450mA. This is not a lot of current; I imagine if you connected several pedals to the thing, you would not have enough current to supply the pedals (and thus, nothing would work or get powered). For example; one of my Boss pedal's only needs like ~150mA, but I have a wah that needs 500mA... if I hooked both of them up to your power supply; nothing would happen (because 500mA+150mA=650mA, which 650mA>450mA... so nothing would get power, because each pedal is basically fighting to get the current it needs, but none of them will get what they need cause there is not enough to go around).

I've ran all 3 pedals all together before now, don't know why it would stop now.
I've ran all 3 pedals all together before now, don't know why it would stop now.

lol... read my "edit".
Right I tested it with a ammeter, there's no power coming out of the transformer.

I think I'll just replace it the time and effort to fix it wouldn't really be worth just £15.

Thanks for everyone's help anyway!
Its probably to do with the loose wire. its probably easier and cheaper to just get a new one, they are pretty cheap.

I'm running 4 pedals from mine and not having any problems. and one of them is a power-hungry danelectro talkbox, if i use the typical 9v batteries with it they run out after about 3 hours of use...

then again i do have a marshall and a boss connected... marshall and boss pedals seem to be able to run off the energy generated by a small tortoise "running" in a hamster wheel.
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.