Ive been seriously considering buying one. Im gonna buy a used on off ebay I could get one for aournd $250-$300. I want to know what you guys think about the LC15 and my needs. I play AC/DC,Metallica,Iron Maiden,some Megadeth and Slayer. I know that I wont get the gain of some things I play but If it will get a Metallica type tone I'd be happy. I have a Maxon OD-9 and a MXR 108 Eq to help me dial in tone. I got alot of reccomendations from you guys to buy a Randall RG50tc or a B-52 AT-112 and Im sure that they would be better but just I cant get that money on my working mans salary. To just get the money for the LC15 Im gonna have to sell my RG and Palomino. Ive also considered a Valveking 112 if you think that would be better but probably just to much for my bedroom practice.
Are you in the USA?

Even so, the LC15 is somewhat vintage-voiced... JCM800 gain tops.
The Laney Thread are big and clever. No exceptions.
My Palomino almost gets me what I want with my pedals. Like I said Im not looking for exact tone but If I can get the smooth OD and nice harmonics with a good lead tone when I want Im set. I play Rythym not much lead tho and decent cleans would be nice.
Quote by Horlicks
Change you speaker and valves maybe? I don't think the LC will be much better

Than my Palomino? Its a 4 ohm load only Ive looked for a speaker I cant seem to find one for it. I just changed my Tubes! Got them from Dougs. Got a JJ ECC803s and a JJ EL84 thats what he recommended.
The Laney can do Megadeth/Metallica well. Without a pedal you'd probrably have to crank it. A tubescreamer or one of its variants should suffice for your thrash metal sound at comfortable volumes. However, since you have a palomino, with the same tubescreamer-type pedal, you should also be able to get the sound you want.
Fender American Vintage '62 Jaguar
Fender Crafted in Japan '62 Telecaster
THD Flexi-50 + Vox V112HTV Handwired Cab
The palomino is almost what I want with my Maxom and EQ but another thing I want is to be able to put it on a cab in the future if I want and I cant do it with the Palomino. Or can I with a 4 ohm load only?
Quote by MrCarrot
Are you in the USA?

+1 i don't think they're worth it in the USA.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?