Everyone add their own share! ^^

- your volume knob is more of an on/off knob
- you have to tune every two songs
- all the other guys in the band think Boss Distortion pedals sound horrible
- it says 'Vulcano X' on the headstock

Edit. A friend of mine who I've been pushing to play guitar for months - ofc I would've gone out with him to the store and get him something nice - he comes up to me 'hey I finally did it I bought a guitar. Ánd an amp!' and I was like God, please not in a package and he goes 'yea it was like this package' and then I think, 'please not the Squier one' and he goes 'it's this awesome brand Volcano, and the guitar is the X kind' and I feel like hitting him in the head. Obviously, upon the first encounter with the thing, the guitar turns out to suck. Horribly. It made my Boss OD cry in pain.

I have to lend him my Danelectro now so he can practice properly :/

(...so now I have to detune my Strat when I want to play DADGAD )
Phrases Label
The Bohemes
---
The White Strat w/Dimebucker
Tokai Explorer Korina
Ibanez RG570 Purple Neon
Gibson Les Paul Deluxe Ebony
Fender Telecaster Apple Red
Dano '59 Burgundy
Ibanez Artcore AM-73
Last edited by bornfidelity at Apr 25, 2008,
I'll edit the first post.

AND add that you should all post your experiences with horrible cheap guitars. ^^
Phrases Label
The Bohemes
---
Tokai Explorer Korina
Ibanez RG570 Purple Neon
Dano '59 Burgundy
Ibanez Artcore AM-73
Last edited by bornfidelity at Apr 25, 2008,
You know you have a cheap guitar when you grab the neck to play a chord and it bends the neck enough to throw the strings out of tune.
You know you have a cheap guitar when the ''humbuckers'' are actually single-coils with covers on
you know you have a cheap guitar when you painted on the fender name on the headstock, like this.

You know you have a cheap guitar when the intonation screws do NOTHING.

*looks at crappy Yamaha guitar*
Got on the bus with me daysavaaaa
Quote by this&that
you know you have a cheap guitar when you painted on the fender name on the headstock, like this.

..what kind of material is the nut?

Phrases Label
The Bohemes
---
Tokai Explorer Korina
Ibanez RG570 Purple Neon
Dano '59 Burgundy
Ibanez Artcore AM-73

When you didn't pay much for it.

Play a Cort ?

Play with V-Picks ?

Every minute is to be Grasped........................................................................Time waits for nobody.

When you buy pickups for it that cost more than the guitar did.
American Deluxe maple board Strat
Hot Rod Deluxe
Fulltone Fulldrive II mosfet
Quote by this&that

AHHAHAHAHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Jackson KV2 USA Snow White/Black Bevels
You know you have a cheap guitar when you need to put a piece of paper on the nut to avoid the zero fret buzz.

Besides being a guitar player, I'm a big fan of the guitar. I love that damn instrument. Steve Vai

Gear:
Kramer Striker FR422SM
Roland Microcube
Digitech Bad Monkey
Dunlop Tortex 1.14mm picks

MY VIDEOS
You know you have a cheap guitar when using your whammy makes your triceps sore
Gear:
Jackson DKMG
Yamaha Acoustic
Knockoff Strat
Vox AD30VT
Boss MT-2
Crybaby wah
Boss DD-3

The Ultra Balls. Throw them.

Member of the ANTI-IBANEZ MILITIA!
I have a crappy acoustic that has the strings blu tacked in... it works surprisingly well.
Got on the bus with me daysavaaaa
Quote by Horlicks
You know you have a cheap guitar when the ''humbuckers'' are actually single-coils with covers on

Heh, I had an encounter with one of those. Pulled what I thought was a humbucker from an old Kent SG copy, and much confusion resulted when I discovered only a single coil inside.

Still want to try the thing out, though, see what sound can be gotten.
Do YOU know who Les Paul is?

Guitars:
-Epiphone Dot Studio
Amps:
-Fender Stage 112 SE
Effects:
-BBE Soul Vibe
-Boss OD-1 Overdrive
-Ibanez DE-7 Delay
Quote by Horlicks

ahah there was a thread about that a few weeks ago xD
Quote by Reincaster
I once got shocked by a spider amp.

I got powers like spiderman did, except I model everyone else's powers poorly.

Quote by shredhead22
why not, i started using the zakk wylde boomers and now every third note i hit is a pinch harmonic

You know you have a cheap guitar when the frets stick out over the bottom side of the neck and play havoc with your fingers when you slide. One of my friends' guitar has this problem. She hasn't gotten it sanded down yet.

/Her guitar also has a cheap non-floating trem with no stringlock or locking tuners...
When your tune-o-matic style bridge bends as much as a floating bridge when you bend.
Xbox Live tag: Dream Away Rain
Add!

Quote by marko'd
dont sweat how quick your progressing, i heard that Jimi hendrix didnt get his legendary guitar skills until he was dead

Quote by Dreadnought
+ MOTHERFUCKIN' 1
one word. Stagg.

Also when you push down the whammy bar on a random, crappy strat bridge rather hard, then its outta tune :P.
Your friendship is a fog, that disappears when the wind re-directs (YEAH!)
you know you got a ch3ap guitar wh3n a girl us3s it as a dildo lol
Originally Posted by: Colgate Total
"Trim and lube your nut, and your g string should fit in just fine with no friction".
You know you have a cheap guitar when the pickup selector switch doesn't do anything. Some dude in my guitar class has this cheap ass "bluz" guitar brand and the pickup switch is so worn out (after like, 3 months of usage) that is just slides up and down. Pickups dont even change...
86% of the people who frequent the "Electric Guitar" forum would say that they have played guitar for under 5 years.