Hey ive just started up guitar again and was wondering where is a good place to start, ive been playing a bit of bulls on parade by RATM as well as the basic songs smoke on the water etc, i just wondered what else to play and also a good way to learn chords. also im having a problem getting my fingers into positions such as reaching the forth and second fret at the same time, my fingers don't stretch without hitting the metal which gives that metallic buzz sound. is there anything to help? thanks for any replies ill be here for instant replies

InfernoUk
for chords, just practise simple chord sequences like: GG EmEm CC DD and GG DD CC

and for stretching, adjust your thumb position to try and reach further, in time you'll find a natural position and it'll come easy

and a good song to play would be killing in the name, seeing as it looks like you like RATM
give the search bar a shot, I'll bet there are tons of threads that answer your question!
Suhr Custom, Flaxwood Rautia or Grosh Tele thru
HBE Medicine Bawl Wah
Analogman BiComp
Texas Two Step OD
Fulltone Ultimate Octave/Fuzz
Boss CE-2
TC Nova Delay
SLO-100, 65 London or Bogner Shiva
Ask me about any of this stuff!
Quote by handlerb
give the search bar a shot, I'll bet there are tons of threads that answer your question!

yeah i think this is the first time ive not used it darn, ill give it a look thanks for the reminder
I noticed that if you are trying to reach a hard position with your fingers, try putting your body over the hand you are using. It seems to give you some more stretch.
Set-Up:
- Ibanez RGA42FM
- Epiphone Les Paul Special II
- Crate 15W Amp
- Boss MT-2 Metal Zone Pedal
- Line 6 Pocket Pod

- Peavey International II Drum Set (Cherry Red)
- Zildjian Cymbals
- Evans Heads with Remo E-Rings