Quick question.

Is the ISP Decimator ProRackG really worth the extra £100 that I'd pay for it, compared to the regular pedal version of the Decimator?

Bear in mind that I play high gain stuff, and my Laney VH100R is insanely noisy at these levels. I just want to know if the noise reduction will be greatly improved if I go rack as opposed to pedal. The website claims that the rack version is more transaprent, which in my case is necessary, as my S470 has a thin body, so sustain is an issue.

Any help appreciated.
Gear:
Ibanez S470 (EMG 81/S/85)
Sigma DMC-15E
Laney VH100R
Laney 4x12 Cab
Ibanez Weeping Demon
M-Audio ProKeys 88
Mbox 3 Pro
KRK RP6 G2's
Plum Team FTW!

X
O yeah Man. I had the Pedal before I had my pro rack. It is the BEST money canbuy!!! I cant say enough good things about it! Its is absolutly worth the extra cash. I play High High Gain at High High Volume, which I sense that you do the same. The pro Rack was the only thing that worked. And it is Amazing!! Take it from someone who tried every gate on the market and ended up with the pro rack
Framus Cobra
Marshall JCM 900
peavey 5150

Mesa 4x12
If you have the cash, go for it, it's worth it.
Jackson KV 2, Jackson COW 7 (both in B), Jackson Demmelition V
Bogner Überschall (blue rev)
Marshall 1960B Vintage (2x V30 & 2x G12T75)
TC Electronic G Major
BBE Sonic Maximizer 422A
Weber Mass 150w
ISP ProRackG
T.Racks Dinopower
Get the ISP decimator G-string if you want to reduce sound without ruining your signal, although the ISP decimator is pretty much completely transparent anyway
The rack version is more transparent, but is also a 2 channel system that uses the first channel signal to help isolate the guitar tone in the second channel. I have a ProRackG and regardless of the situation I can get near perfect noise reduction. The pedal version is good, but not comparable.
ESP LTD EC-256 and a Fender Deluxe VM
Thanks guys!

Also Horlicks, you have an amazing choice in amps.
Gear:
Ibanez S470 (EMG 81/S/85)
Sigma DMC-15E
Laney VH100R
Laney 4x12 Cab
Ibanez Weeping Demon
M-Audio ProKeys 88
Mbox 3 Pro
KRK RP6 G2's
Plum Team FTW!

X
if you don't need 2 independent channels, the Gstring is the same guts as the Pro RackG, and uses the same tracking with 2 seperate I/O. One for the front of the amp, and one for the loop.
"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wiseman knows himself to be a fool." - W.S.
amp clips
amp vids