i had this dream last night (no joke) that i had two fender singal coils. then i did the right things to it and made it a humbucker. i have to questions. would it work? and how would i do it if it would work. your advise is appreciated
a bridge or neck and a middle would work.

BUT

it'd take a fair bit of tinkering/possibly even routing to make it fit

you'd just put them both in one hole in the exact orientation they would be on a strat. it would be like a 4 conductor pup so you could still use either coil, then just solder both grounds toghether (essentially the red and white wires) and one signal would be the overall hot output and the other would form the new ground wire
Get off this damn forum and play your damn guitar.
you could make it like a humbucker, but not really a humbucker. If one is RWRP (most middle single coil pups are), you can wire them in series (like the coils of a humbucker usually are, not in parallel like singles usually would be), and you'll have a fake humbucker..
woah, no need to make anyone look like idiots here. the dually lace sensors are in fact humbuckers AND single coils, in that they basically wired two single coil laces together to make a humbucker, which is exactly what you're talking about doing. like james4 and stevo said already, if you take either a bridge or neck strat pickup and wire it in series with a strat middle pickup it'll be hum-cancelling, although it won't sound like a gibson humbucker or a fender widerange, it'll just sound like two single coils without any hum (position 2 or 4 on a stock strat)
thanks, im gunna get to work and post a sound clip when im done incase your wondering what it will sound like, i think itll be worth it
Quote by rednwhiteblues
woah, no need to make anyone look like idiots here. the dually lace sensors are in fact humbuckers AND single coils, in that they basically wired two single coil laces together to make a humbucker, which is exactly what you're talking about doing. like james4 and stevo said already, if you take either a bridge or neck strat pickup and wire it in series with a strat middle pickup it'll be hum-cancelling, although it won't sound like a gibson humbucker or a fender widerange, it'll just sound like two single coils without any hum (position 2 or 4 on a stock strat)

Are you sure about that? I was looking at a circuit diagram of strat wiring, and all three pickups are grounded, which means they can only be paralell, right?
Quote by jimRH7
Are you sure about that? I was looking at a circuit diagram of strat wiring, and all three pickups are grounded, which means they can only be paralell, right?
Yeah, on a standard strat the pickups are wired in paralell.
Quote by stradivari310

The lace pickups use a different shape bobbin than real single coil pickups so it's not the same thing. I make the real thing, and that is not it.

TS. You can link 2 singles together just like Stevo said. He is also right that you have to use a bridge and middle or a middle and neck. Then you wire it up the same way you would a humbucker with 4 conductor wire. The problem is that the bottom of the 2 single coil bobbins are not going to fit into the guitar unless you have a swimming pool rout and even then, there is a good chance you couldn't put it in the neck because the bottom bobbin is going to get in the way.
Not taking any online orders.
Uh, pull wires off, hook wires together, hook up in a humbucker slot. I don't see why not?
I got some good guitars, yo.
Quote by surge666
thanks, im gunna get to work and post a sound clip when im done incase your wondering what it will sound like, i think itll be worth it

i dont

mainly because it wont work.

the base of most singles juts out at on side so for it to fit, one will have to be backwards which i THINK mightnt make it hum cancelling.

all you have to do is wire 2 strat pups in series, so just leave them on the strat
Get off this damn forum and play your damn guitar.
ill just wire it hss and ill have want i want (obviously ill get a humbucker to put in the mix)
Quote by stevo_epi_SG_wo
i dont

mainly because it wont work.

the base of most singles juts out at on side so for it to fit, one will have to be backwards which i THINK mightnt make it hum cancelling.

all you have to do is wire 2 strat pups in series, so just leave them on the strat

It'll still be hum cancelling when you flip it around. It will work as long as it'll fit in the bodycavity.
Not taking any online orders.