I am having problems achieving great harmonic tone through my amp. I own a Peavey Windsor half-stack and a Metal Zone distortion pedal from Boss. The amp is all tube and has a single channel that I keep clean while I use the pedal for distortion...naturally. I also own a horrible Fender frontman and with my pedal I can get awesome harmonics easily with that amp, it's kinda of infuriating that I piece of **** amp sounds better(with pedal) than my expensive half-stack. This is my first all tube amp and I was wondering if there is anything I need to do to receive awesome harmonics.
Attachments:
.1.jpg
wah-wah pedals are great (toe-down position) at helping harmonics ring out.
Quote by FrenchyFungus

Awww, thanks Frenchy

Quote by Cobain_Is_King
I got a packet of Love Hearts when I was six and every one said 'You Have a Tiny Penis'

Hate humans? Click here
The mt-2 is a horrendous pedal. It isn't doing your Windsor any justice whatsoever. Get an OD.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Solder fume huffer σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Electronic Audio Experiments
get an OD instead of the metal zone.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
Oh I should mention that I play Melodic Death Metal....that ****in OD won't give me the artificial distortion that I want/need.
Well at least find a better dist pedal then maybe?
Fender Deluxe Strat HSS
Fender Standard Strat
Fender Highway 1 Tele
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Orange Rocker 30 Combo
Seymour Duncan Twin Tube Mayhem
Roland Microcube
Boss Micro BR
Korg Pitchblack
EHX Holy Grail
Hohner 3/4 Classical
Quote by MetelxManiac
Oh I should mention that I play Melodic Death Metal....that ****in OD won't give me the artificial distortion that I want/need.

then TBH you should've taken that into consideration when you bought the amp.
Quote by pedaler466
Shreadhead22 had nothing helpful to say to me. He just immediatly started being a prick.

Quote by Yngwi3
Shredhead's advice is the best in the thread.

-Mesa Roadster
-Mesa 4x12
-'93 Gibby LP studio
-535q
-CE5/DD-220
-TS9dx
-EB volume
-Shure Wireless
Quote by shredhead22
then TBH you should've taken that into consideration when you bought the amp.

+1,000,000...

Why buy a tube amp if you're going to cover the natural overdrive of the tubes with a crap distortion pedal?
Quote by MetelxManiac

You don't know very much about amps, do you?

Stop using the piece of crap MT2, crank the amp, boost it with an overdrive pedal and tweak it with an EQ.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Ok lets see if I can sum this all up....I got exactly what I wanted to know. No I don't know alot about amps(the reason I come with questions), I will try the OD idea, and I was trying to keep my single channel clean so I can switch to it for I use it alot. Also, I dont have alot of money so when I asked what is the best stack I could get for the lowest money possible I was told to look for an all-tube amp. Thank you for all the to the point comments it really lightened my day.
Try'd the OD idea worked great...I wish I could have held on to my clean tone but I guess you have to give to get.
well you could try some kinda diy pedal so the OD only runs on ur gain channel
Fender Deluxe Strat HSS
Fender Standard Strat
Fender Highway 1 Tele
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Orange Rocker 30 Combo
Seymour Duncan Twin Tube Mayhem
Roland Microcube
Boss Micro BR
Korg Pitchblack
EHX Holy Grail
Hohner 3/4 Classical
Quote by PendulousThread
well you could try some kinda diy pedal so the OD only runs on ur gain channel

Peavey windsor is only one channel.
Quote by MetelxManiac
Try'd the OD idea worked great...I wish I could have held on to my clean tone but I guess you have to give to get.

For the time being just roll off the volume on the guitar a little, knock off the OD and pick a little lighter - even with the amp at full throttle you'll be surprised at how much it cleans up the tone.

Also, if you've got SSS, HSS, or HSH pickup configuration then use positions 2 and 4 for your cleans as they'll have lower output. If youve got twin humbuckers rolling off the volume is all you can do short term, but you can look at getting series/parallel switching installed on your pickups if they're 4 conductor. A humbucker wired in parallel has a slightly brighter tone and approx 70% of the output, you can use a push/pull pot to switch between the two.

For a ghetto "channel switch" you could get a cheap EQ pedal and use it to lower the gain.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Last edited by steven seagull at Apr 26, 2008,