well i just got my new B-52 at112 yesterday, but i feel that it needs a boost, so what od pedal would be good for $50(u.s.) or lower. So far im looking at the Digitech Bad monkey, and ibanez ts-7
Bad Monkey, no contest.
Quote by HxCori<3
you sir, are the ultimate UG stereotype, praise a not so good metal player, zakk, put down other peoples playing, seriously say I WAS GONAA PLAYZ SOME UBER LEEDS LOZLOERLS~1!!!11!, and then critique epiphones as if there worth a second glance
Bad Monkey, no contest.
Quote by A Certain Death
my mum is a retard
Bad Monkey, no contest
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
Bad Monkey, no contest
Fender Deluxe Strat HSS
Fender Standard Strat
Fender Highway 1 Tele
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Orange Rocker 30 Combo
Seymour Duncan Twin Tube Mayhem
Roland Microcube
Boss Micro BR
Korg Pitchblack
EHX Holy Grail
Hohner 3/4 Classical
no contest, bad monkey
Quote by pedaler466
Shreadhead22 had nothing helpful to say to me. He just immediatly started being a prick.

Quote by Yngwi3
Shredhead's advice is the best in the thread.

-Mesa Roadster
-Mesa 4x12
-'93 Gibby LP studio
-535q
-CE5/DD-220
-TS9dx
-EB volume
-Shure Wireless
Ever sense the stereo tube amp hi-fi business everyones been trying to copy eachother.. Its pretty funny.

But seriously, bad monkey. No contest
For those who care.
Current Gear
Cort Zenox Z42
Flextone II
Charvel USA So-Cal
Farida M2 Parlour Acoustic
Admira Hand-built Spanish Acoustic
Blackstar HT-5H
Line 6 M13
It's stereo amp, and I don't think it's tube. However, for a stereo amp, it is very good. Don't plug guitar into it; just use it as hi-fi if it works. Bad Monkey, no contest
Quote by pedaler466
Shreadhead22 had nothing helpful to say to me. He just immediatly started being a prick.

Quote by Yngwi3
Shredhead's advice is the best in the thread.

-Mesa Roadster
-Mesa 4x12
-'93 Gibby LP studio
-535q
-CE5/DD-220
-TS9dx
-EB volume
-Shure Wireless
DOD overdrive 250

or the Bad Monkey...
Quote by jackbauer
playing by yourself is like masturbating, sure it feels great, but it's nothing compared to the real deal.

Quote by guylee
Oh Shit! I Have A Weird Growth On My Body!

To The Pit!

JOIN MY GROUP plox

http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/tonelife/
Theoretically, if you factor in all of the variables that will alter the end result, you would come to the conclusion that its the Bad Monkey, no contest.
Epiphone G-400
GFS Crunchy PAF - Bridge

DigiTech Bad Monkey
iSP Decimator

New Amp Fund: Depleted
i might end of with a byoc overdrive and mod it.

back to the bad monkey, will this tighten up my sound nicely
don't let this become another "stereo amp" thread

But seriously, Bad monkey, no contest
if i have to hear one more damn rip off of- OH WAIT...

My MAIN Gear
*Dunlop CFH
*fellow LEO feel free to give a shout out
I'm rolling my eyes at this thread...you can get a used Ibanez TS9 for $50. An all-around better sounding and higher quality pedal.
Quote by the.spine.surfs
I'm rolling my eyes at this thread...you can get a used Ibanez TS9 for $50. An all-around better sounding and higher quality pedal.

The bad monkey has more options, gain and tightens things up a lot more... I thought it was crazy as well till i purchased one. Also beat out my modded tubescreamer. And reliabilty isnt a factor its always on and in my rack lol but that would be my only concern...
guess ill go to gc on monday, you think i could get a free patch cable with it?
Quote by IbanezPsycho
The bad monkey has more options, gain and tightens things up a lot more... I thought it was crazy as well till i purchased one. Also beat out my modded tubescreamer. And reliabilty isnt a factor its always on and in my rack lol but that would be my only concern...

I loved my Bad Monkey...'till I owned a BD-2 and a TS9.

The BM's flexibility didn't win it for me. The gain was too noisy, and the high and low controls weren't terribly usable, as they got things too thin or flabby too far past or below noon. The TS9 sounds good on more settings to me.

Too each his own; if it works with your rig, then mabye it's just my cheap ass rig mucking up my tone!
Whats funny is the guy i got mine from warned me like 10 times dont get it i've had them all returned. So i asked him why and he said everyone said they sucked. Then i asked him why is there only one left in the case and he said its the wierdest thing everyone on the net purchased them. Then i told him the trick to them level 10 Gain 0 and it clicked. He started laughing.. Then said Ohhh everyone in the store was buying them for SS amps and using them as a distortion pedal... <--- which is why most stuff gets a bad rap...
Quote by the.spine.surfs
I loved my Bad Monkey...'till I owned a BD-2 and a TS9.

The BM's flexibility didn't win it for me. The gain was too noisy, and the high and low controls weren't terribly usable, as they got things too thin or flabby too far past or below noon. The TS9 sounds good on more settings to me.

Too each his own; if it works with your rig, then mabye it's just my cheap ass rig mucking up my tone!

I aggree with you 100% the trick is Level 10 Gain 0 and used on a tube amp for metal... And dont get me wrong for blues and using the pedal as its was attended in a since the TS9 wins across the board.. But for metal and getting something Tight as hell... The BM is were its at..
Quote by IbanezPsycho
Whats funny is the guy i got mine from warned me like 10 times dont get it i've had them all returned. So i asked him why and he said everyone said they sucked. Then i asked him why is there only one left in the case and he said its the wierdest thing everyone on the net purchased them. Then i told him the trick to them level 10 Gain 0 and it clicked. He started laughing.. Then said Ohhh everyone in the store was buying them for SS amps and using them as a distortion pedal... <--- which is why most stuff gets a bad rap...

This wasn't a GC employee was it?
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
Quote by darkarbiter7
This wasn't a GC employee was it?

Naa this was my normal guy at a local store.. He's just behind in the times and only deals with Vintage stuff and usually doesnt like pedals. So he doest take the time to research them. And its a used gear store with a few new products so its not like he can point you to the TS9's the BM was the only OD he had in the store.. lol
bad monkey(I did not read the whole thread).
1. You're surfing the internet.
2. You're browsing through the UG forums.
3. You're reading now.
5. You didn't notice that there was no #4.
6. You just checked it.
7. Now you're having a lil smile.

Quote by hawk_kst
You Sir, have the best signature like ever!
Stoute aap, geen concurrentie.
Quote by lizarday
oh yeah? well larry king the slayer guitarist owns bc rich guitars. (i think)
Quote by IbanezPsycho
I aggree with you 100% the trick is Level 10 Gain 0 and used on a tube amp for metal... And dont get me wrong for blues and using the pedal as its was attended in a since the TS9 wins across the board.. But for metal and getting something Tight as hell... The BM is were its at..

Well, there's flexibility out the window, to me. I just try to keep my board full of pedals that sound good on almost any setting; I don't like having to set a pedal to one setting, and never touch it again. Again, to each their own. I don't even play metal, so I have no idea how it is for metal.
The TS-9 or 808 own at getting metal as tight sounding as possible. Probably 3/4 of most Metal guitarists with a tube amp run a TS-9 in front. The Monkey honestly doesnt push quite as much boost
╠═══════╬═══════╣

Tap Tempo Tap Dancer of τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

MINION of the"I drive a stick cause I'm better than you!!" Club

PM TehNez or IbanezPlayer27 to join.

EHX Users Guild. Bugera Users Militia
The MXR Lounge
yea i might be getting some more money next sat (confirmation) so i don't know how much i will get so i think i could spend some more and look at maxon