Page 1 of 4
so i just come back from work and nearly get stabbed by some ignorant guy who was with 2 of his friends all because i have curly hair, and apprently look like 'sideshow bob' i mean wtf? lucky one of his friends has some sense to stop him, (maybe there is hope)

i can't believe how some people can be so ignorant! What makes it worse is that i live in a small village where this hardly ever happens, and it is quite middle class(ish) i would think they would have more sense living in this area. I feel lucky to be typing now!!

And before this, while i was working and cleaning up outside, some 8-14 year olds were back chattign me, and threatening me, the funny thing is that when i turned aroudn and spoke to them they looked all scared, and they wouldn't be so bad if they weren't on such a big group, on their own they do nothing. and tehy are getting so young as well!

so is there any hope for the British youth?
and will i survive to the end of my a levels?

any of you had simalar incidents??
Guitars:
  • 40th Annivesary Strat USA
  • BC Rich Mockingbird ST
  • ESP LTD M200UC w/ BKP Aftermath's
  • Parker P38
  • Ibanez RG7321 w/D-sonic and Liquifire
  • Tangglewood TW47 B
  • PRS SE 245
  • Edwards E-EX-110D Stain Cloudy Black
i seriously doubt there is hope,
like im only 14 but you can sort of tell who's gonna f*ck up their life and end up going around attacking random people and working at mcdonalds.
Unfortunately its most people my age :/
Yeah i hate chavs, in fact the country is infested with them. it was st georges day the other day, a day where were supposed to be proud of the country we live in - i didnt celebrate because im not proud at all. of course it isnt in as much of a state as afghanistan or iraq, but still its scary to even walk the streets in the daytime because there are people who enjoy intimidating stangers at random. its just crap. once i was punched in the face by one of the ****s, and he had a msssive friend with him and was much older than me, i couldnt do anything about it. for no reason at all, he found it funny. it needs to be sorted out.

I dont wanna hijack the thread of anything but is there anyone here who has opinions on how to change this for the future? im thinking better school facilities, lessons at school about respect and more dicipline. this country aint a good place to live right now - at all.
I work at McDonalds
Lol its only funding my Uni tuition
Round here theres alot of chavs n those of similar types and I know most of them anyway but meh, I feel sorry for you mate living with the village idiots
.:: Current Setup::.

ESP Ltd Viper 50
Line 6 Spider II 30W
Fender Squire Acoustic Guitar
Encore LP Copy
Ibanez GSR200 Bass
Axl B35 Bass Amp

I go to a private school in glasgow, so going anywhere in uniform is pretty much fantastic. Me and some friends were sitting in mcdonalds at lunch and a group of four 13/14 year olds came in, with the standard ridiculous crappy blonde-tipped, spiked hair, and shouting abuse at us. They started throwing chicken nuggets at us, and then shouting racist stuff at my asian friend. She got fed up pretty damn fast and starting shouting back at them, which really didn't work the way she planned.

The next generation is screwed.
Check out 8-Bit Trip!
www.myspace.com/8BitTrip

-·-·-·[ Music Squirrel ]·-·-·-

Also, get on my profile and friend me, bitches!
i freaking hate them too, how stupid and horrible can humans get?!
Dancing In Your Dust
I live in a village, but watch out for all the GANGSTAS, retards the lot of them, go anywhere remotely tough they'll get killed, bunch of nobbers who all deserve to be shot, i blame Oasis
Gear List

Guitars
PRS SE Tremonti
Ltd Mh-100qmnt
Peavey Rotor ex
Crafter Acoustic

Amps
Bugera 333
Bugera 412h

Effects
Marshall Shredmaster
Line 6 MM4
Line 6 DL4
Ibanez Weeping Demon
Dan Electro Fish'n'chips
Ibanez LU-10
I need to go on an exchange program to the UK. That'd be awesome.
Hey look, a stoner/doom album.

GENERATION 27: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

E-father of TheSPillow/Sam
E-brothers with Entity0009
Quote by Nightmare_xxx
I go to a private school in glasgow, so going anywhere in uniform is pretty much fantastic. Me and some friends were sitting in mcdonalds at lunch and a group of four 13/14 year olds came in, with the standard ridiculous crappy blonde-tipped, spiked hair, and shouting abuse at us. They started throwing chicken nuggets at us, and then shouting racist stuff at my asian friend. She got fed up pretty damn fast and starting shouting back at them, which really didn't work the way she planned.

The next generation is screwed.

I wish I lived in a country where the privileged are given free chicken.
Quote by Gwynnell
I live in a village, but watch out for all the GANGSTAS, retards the lot of them, go anywhere remotely tough they'll get killed, bunch of nobbers who all deserve to be shot, i blame Oasis

i blame one hell of a drunken night and poor judgement.
Theres alot of Neds ( scots version of chavs) at me highschool, i usually forgot about them and just rember one day they will be in prison getting analed by all the inmates, whilst i shall be succesfull and jamming it up with me bass
Quote by Grouch

I dont wanna hijack the thread of anything but is there anyone here who has opinions on how to change this for the future? im thinking better school facilities, lessons at school about respect and more dicipline. this country aint a good place to live right now - at all.

tbh, i think teh only way to help this generation is the parents, but that isn't going to happen. unfortuantly. they are only as bad as their parents i feel except for a few obstentions. we need to start at the source, or we could stop ppl havign kids which we feel might turn into chavs :P or maybe that is a bit too far.

also a simalar thign happened last year to one of my friends, when tehre was a happy slapping phase, (god that was a strange and awful stage) he got slapped over teh ehad by comeone driving past, in the middle of the day, i mean. even more WTF?
Guitars:
  • BC Rich Mockingbird ST
  • Parker P38
  • Tangglewood TW47 B
  • PRS SE 245
I propose a national Chav-Beatdown-day.
Since the creation of the Internet, the Earth's rotation has been fueled, primarily, by the collective spinning of English teachers in their graves.
where i live, if a student does something stupid (drugs, fighting, being a total douche) they go to an optional school. and really...there are some kids that are in like 3rd grade that go there for fighting, cursing, or drugs. this one kid even punched a teacher. a 3rd grader! theres no hope for todays kids. they get worse and worse.
i, for one, blame it all on mtv and "reality" shows.
eh...young impressionable minds will indeed soak up whatever is placed around them. in this case rap and "gangster" music is extremely popular so it's all taken in and thought of as "cool"

they'll grow out of it
Quote by Scutchington
I like this guy, he's UG's Greek, and he just told your ass in two paragraphs. And I once spent 5 minutes watching his avatar.

A Brain Malfunction

We'll Never Admit As Defeat
Quote by Mazzakazza
Hey, I have a ponytail.

Guess what it's like for me ^_^

yeah i also had a pony tail before this week :P

i got less hassel for that, than having my hair hang naturally in its curly way, lol

i wonder what there selcetion of what to pick on is like??

some guy with trackies and nike, 'don't pick on'

some girl which is madee up with loads of make up and looks liek a lut, 'don't pick on'

some guy wearing black trousers and shirt, but has long hiar/curly hiar/ longer than 3cm in length or summin stupid 'Pick on'
Guitars:
  • BC Rich Mockingbird ST
  • Parker P38
  • Tangglewood TW47 B
  • PRS SE 245
Quote by Ben_Eaglesfield
Oh boy, where do i begin.
Got off the 107 today, and was greeted with an "Oi Ginger, get a trim ya batty" from some rather lovely short haired, tracksuit beguiled distended piece of rectum fodder.

Its not pleasant really, seeing as im quite a friendly guy, i dont see why people feel the need to shout their mouths of at people they dont know.

Still, isnt the midlands a lovely place sometimes?

lol I can just imagine that impression!!
"You're a twat!"- That dude in morrisons

"You Ugly git!" - That girl in the restaurant

"You Were a Mistake!" - Mum

just a few of my fans..

Where I live there isn't too much of a problem with neds, if you respect them they respect you, that sort of thing, but I agree, Britain's gone down the pan, I think the government have become a bit too lenient, things like what you said wouldn't have happened say thirty years ago, when more of a punishment was given to things like that.
Quote by hammyguitarist9
tbh, i think teh only way to help this generation is the parents, but that isn't going to happen. unfortuantly. they are only as bad as their parents i feel except for a few obstentions. we need to start at the source, or we could stop ppl havign kids which we feel might turn into chavs :P or maybe that is a bit too far.

also a simalar thign happened last year to one of my friends, when tehre was a happy slapping phase, (god that was a strange and awful stage) he got slapped over teh ehad by comeone driving past, in the middle of the day, i mean. even more WTF?

yeah its awful. how can we take pride in a country full of such scum? i think this is as much of a problem to us as terrorism, in fact it is terrorism. it is in dire need of repair, which is think is possible to an extent with all those solutions i listed in my last post. we need to find the psychology behind them and do our best to reduce them aswell, and dare i say have more lenient rules on abortion so that these 'mistakes' arent happening.

I'm going to write to my MP soon actually, ill write a whole essay on why this needs attention and possible solutions for it. its easially one of the worst problems this country has, because it makes it a **** place to live.
I think you just have to use common sense and not go in places which are likely to have them where you don't stand a chance, like parks at night. I haven't had problems in so long till today, but it wasn't really anything anyway, just some kids messing around shouting out of a window to everyone else and they picked up that I had long hair, so I just turned around and went back in to find them, just to scare them a little and what not. It's been a couple of years since me or my friends have had any real problems at all (except one of us who's a dumbass and challenges them, even if they're about 30. He got beaten up really bad about a year ago)
Quote by 666hamish666
i blame one hell of a drunken night and poor judgement.

i blame broken condoms.

This is Larry The If you click him, he will give you magic powers.
srsly.

If you are not willing to die for the perfect s'more, Then you don't deserve a s'more at all.
Yesterday when I was walking home from college (In the middle of Surrey, where it isn't unusual to have longish hair), I had my headphones in at full volume, my long hair blowing gloriously in the wind. Anyway, this chav in his 20-something leans out the window of a white van his friend was driving, yells something at me (Which I didn't hear because of my headphones) and sneers before being driven off.
I'm guessing it was about my hair, but who knows.
There wasn't much point that post but it seemed funny at the time.
Xbox Live tag: Dream Away Rain
Add!

Quote by marko'd
dont sweat how quick your progressing, i heard that Jimi hendrix didnt get his legendary guitar skills until he was dead

Quote by Dreadnought
+ MOTHERFUCKIN' 1
It's gotten quite bad in my street now. It's a little weird, because I never get any hassle off them, nor do many of my neighbors, but there have been loads of fights, one of which even ended up with a hit and run (albeit at a relatively low speed), and it's taking the piss a bit really.

I live in a small area inbetween two of the biggest and roughest council estates in Stoke: Bentilee and Abbey Houlton, I've never walked through Abbey Houlton at night alone, but I've done Bentilee a couple of times. It's not unusual to see 10 year olds smoking and throwing things at people, or to see groups of teens shouting abuse and threatening people. Horrible areas, luckily, Bucknall is quite pleasant.
dont worry, i discovered lots of the chav ****s i went to school with are locked up for 4 years+ and will be having lots of "fun" in prison, for various drugs and violence offences.

they get whats coming to them.
Hi

Quote by iceman95
Fiddler is a god!!!! omg that's a good movie
When there was some bull on coronation street about the 'goffs' on that, all the chavs at our school took to asking me and my best friend at the time if we thought the world was going to end tomorrow....

Bloody idiots.
Quote by SteveHouse
Also you're off topic. This thread is about Reva eating snowmen.
America ftw. Seriously, American jocks can be assholes but from what I've read on UG, the UK has it a lot worse.
Quote by IcePh0enix
America ftw. Seriously, American jocks can be assholes but from what I've read on UG, the UK has it a lot worse.

America has it's incarnation of chavs though, a bro kid is kinda similar but yeah world full of cum-guzzlers so it's a shame
At school I was surrounded by people who for a better want of a word were chavs. You could tell- bad grades, came to school in tacky jewellery and loads of make-up, swore, smoked....etc.

Unfortunately that made up the grand majority of people I know
Lets blame Thatcher, that bitch

But honestly, the countries rather facked if you ask me
Quote by IcePh0enix

Im british, i hate to admit it but youre entirely right. i cant imagine going out in america and being abused for no reason, physically or verbally. i think we do have it worse. im DEFINITELY writing to my mp about this and seeing if that makes a difference - i dont see why not give it a go. ill suggest soloutions and outline how big a problem it really is! anything - its our biggest problem. just makes it awful to live in.
Quote by IcePh0enix

+1

Im sure they won't attempt to stab you, or beat you up just for your ****ty phone, or cause you dress different
All chavs/neds are annoying however even a gang of about 5 or 6 will scatter sometimes when someone larger than them decides that they have had enough (personal experince, they ahate it being confrontational and would rather do it behind your back)

Recently this street I'm on has got worse, I blame the shop across the street that probably sells them the "bucky" and fags. Just glad it is not the centre of glasgow though.
Quote by Zangetsu 101
Girl (Ned/chav) annoying me on the bus.

Me "Have you ever bled out your arse-hole?"

Her: Facial expression was priceless - "What??! Noo!"

Me: "Well if you want to keep it that way, **** off."

She then turned away and whimpered.
funny enough i dont get crap from chavs

i wear tracksuit bottoms most of the time or shorts with various band tshirts with a baseball cap ,i have a sleeve of tattoos streched ears and a nose piercing

i generally get dumb comments about my ears asking
"IZ DAT HOLES IN UR EARZ"

or something but i dont really get any trouble i hear about my friends getting into fights or having abuse hurled at them but in the space of 5 years ive had one problem with chavs

i was out in liverpool and one tried to steal my mums bag so natrually i pin the guy up against the wall and beat the living **** out of him (later found from a police report broke nose , jaw and 2 broken ribs but we will come back to that) i soon feel a faggoty punch to the back of my head turns round only to be greated by 8 of his friends that have crawled up from the sewers

so herei am swinging punches left right and center laughing at there attemps eventually there numbers got the better of me and i got a few punches to the face and came away with a broken nose 15 minutes later the police intervine and there crawl back down into the alleys or w/e they come from

anyways goes to the police stations files a report and all that crap weeks go buy and i get a phonecall saying the lad i "beat up" this is the one who tried to steal my mums bag remember is pressing charges for assault and that if i want to continue my criminal damages claim i could be liable to a 3 months sentance for assaulting a "youth" because i threw the first punch

sorry for the wall of text but my opinion is all chav women should be steralised to stop reproduction of the scum

PS : i agree on not being proud of my country
Passion Before Fashion

---------------------------------------------------------
Ibanez S470DQXM
Amp Fund 0/300
----------------------------------------------------------
So, just to get this straight, what exactly constitutes a 'chav'? Are they just assholes involved in sports or are they preps?

(I'm an American, btw, if you can't tell)
i personally love it when chavs are trying to start a fight with you in big groups the more people there the more chance you have of hitting them is how i see it
or take out the leader after that theyll all leave you alone
scum of the earth wear matching track suits with cheap immitation burberry caps as well as coats with hoods to hide there identity from police

think of hillbillys but x10 and think they hang around in groups of 10-15 on street corners
Passion Before Fashion

---------------------------------------------------------
Ibanez S470DQXM
Amp Fund 0/300
----------------------------------------------------------
Quote by mmm_watcha_say
So, just to get this straight, what exactly constitutes a 'chav'? Are they just assholes involved in sports or are they preps?

(I'm an American, btw, if you can't tell)

Chav (pronounced /ʧæv/, with 'ch' as in chair) also Charv/Charver (pronounced /ʧɑːv/) are mainly derogatory slang terms in the United Kingdom for a stereotype fixated on low quality or counterfeit goods. It commonly refers to those belonging to a youth sub-culture, often stereotypically associated with a low socio-economic class, a striking dress sense and criminal activity.

It's more of a fashion statement, although they are known very well for their behavior as well.

I know plenty of chavs who I get on with because I grew up with them. I meet some through mates and get on fine.
Page 1 of 4