Page 1 of 3
Did anyone else have people that did this at their school today? It was in protest of people being mean to gays or something. It's an alright cause, but I think protesting it would be totally useless, because bigoted assholes will still be bigoted assholes.
There ain't no moral to this story at all. Anything I tell you very well could be a lie.
I didn't participate, but a ton of my bisexual/gay friends did.

I walked by some kids today, and heard, "On the bright side, all those faggots are finally shutting up. We don't have to hear them talking anymore."
"being mean to gays or something"
Do you mean prejudice, discrimination and homophobia?

What are you, twelve?
The will to neither strive nor cry,
The power to feel with others give.
Calm, calm me more; nor let me die
Before I have begun to live.

-Matthew Arnold

Arguments are to be avoided; they are always vulgar and often convincing.
Quote by Dinkydaisy

What are you, twelve?

But yea I've come to learn that protesting bigotry doesn't do anything. Especially in the deep south.
Quote by Dinkydaisy

What are you, twelve?

Fourteen... no need to get all defensive, I don't support bigotry.
There ain't no moral to this story at all. Anything I tell you very well could be a lie.
Sounds like a good cause.

I don't think anyone should have to endure other people hating them for reasons they can't control.
Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens.

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace.

-Jimi Hendrix-

Quote by CodySG
You know you're in the drug thread when you see pictures of squash and "tuna nigga!" when you click the page.
searchbar!
"You're a twat!"- That dude in morrisons

"You Ugly git!" - That girl in the restaurant

"You Were a Mistake!" - Mum

just a few of my fans..

I think it's stupid. At least with the kids in my school. 90% of the kids that did it were straight, and they made this big deal about it, yelling at kids at stuff. I'm all for gay pride, but this is just a gimmick for attention in my opinion.
Quote by Kensai
Forget about her, she seems complicated. Who wants a girl who answers in riddles? I'm not the fucking sfinx.

Quote by Rambo-Conny
Woah, woah. Back the hell up.

Polo shirt?

Sunglasses?

Of course he got all the girls, he's Rick Astley.
Quote by dudetheman
Sounds like a good cause.

I don't think anyone should have to endure other people hating them for reasons they can't control.

Theres plenty of other people who endure much more discrimination and hatred and generally bad times, goddamn gays, honestly who gives a **** . .. . . .
Quote by FrenchyFungus
I am not a woman as I currently claim

Quote by Rabid
I am actually a woman, unlike Frenchy
Quote by bob farrell
Theres plenty of other people who endure much more discrimination and hatred and generally bad times, goddamn gays, honestly who gives a **** . .. . . .

Me =/

-Matthew Arnold

Quote by nosushi4you
I think it's stupid. At least with the kids in my school. 90% of the kids that did it were straight, and they made this big deal about it, yelling at kids at stuff. I'm all for gay pride, but this is just a gimmick for attention in my opinion.

Oh the irony?
For some reason my school district decided to have it on the 23rd.
The Pit. The Movie.
Quote by Mazzakazza
Oh the irony?

I don't follow
Quote by Kensai
Forget about her, she seems complicated. Who wants a girl who answers in riddles? I'm not the fucking sfinx.

Quote by Rambo-Conny

Polo shirt?

Sunglasses?

Quote by ebbbaaa
Fourteen... no need to get all defensive, I don't support bigotry.

That's not what she meant dear .
For long you live and high you fly
But only if you ride the tide
And balanced on the biggest wave
You race toward an early grave.

Ben Hamelech
One of my best friends had to do that today, needless to say, i couldn't understand what the hell she was trying to do with her hands.

My things:
Bowes SLx7
Washburn WG587
Washburn X40Pro
Washburn X50
Washburn HM24
Washburn WR150
Laguna LE200s
Arietta Acoustic
First Act
Valveking 112
VHT Deliverance

Quote by nosushi4you

THIS

and what is the point of being silent? No really doing anything besides pissing off teachers. The school system cant do anything about their sexual insecurities..no offense i respect these people and their cause but... they're not accomplishing anything by being quiet.
Haha im on spring break
Are You a PROG-HEAD? I am.

We raise the Vibratory so high
That all untruth will fall of its own dead weight
I did it.

I'm not gay, but I have friends who are and I generally hate anyone who is homophobic with every fiber of my being.
Quote by goldmember1217
I swallow it whole, like a man.
Quote by WillPlayForFood
THIS

and what is the point of being silent? No really doing anything besides pissing off teachers. The school system cant do anything about their sexual insecurities..no offense i respect these people and their cause but... they're not accomplishing anything by being quiet.

Exactly what I mean. I don't want to come off as homophobic, because I'm the farthest thing from it, but it's really pointless. In my school, the kids shoved string and other **** in their mouth and duct-taped it shut. That's not only dangerous, but begging for attention.
Quote by Kensai

Quote by Rambo-Conny

Polo shirt?

Sunglasses?

Quote by Dinkydaisy
Me =/

Yes of course its terrible, but as far as im concerned, they deserve the least sympathy of all these ' we get treated terribly, have a terrible life, and have to endure all kinds of ****' groups. If you dont want to be persecuted as a homosexual, don't be seen as one. Hide your sexuality, don't let people know. If you do, dont flaunt it. Everybody else has to endure some kind of discrimination and persecution, i do frequently, but i deal, i dont bitch.
Quote by FrenchyFungus

Quote by Rabid
Quote by bob farrell
Yes of course its terrible, but as far as im concerned, they deserve the least sympathy of all these ' we get treated terribly, have a terrible life, and have to endure all kinds of ****' groups. If you dont want to be persecuted as a homosexual, don't be seen as one. Hide your sexuality, don't let people know. If you do, dont flaunt it. Everybody else has to endure some kind of discrimination and persecution, i do frequently, but i deal, i dont bitch.

are you serious? Hide your sexuality? The whole point this is so they can have the freedom to not hide themselves from society and so that they can live like everyone else. Why should they have to live miserably and pretend to be someone they aren't just because other people are homophobic?
Quote by BassistGal
That's not what she meant dear .

Using simple terms then?

Eh, whatever.
Quote by SeveralSpecies
are you serious? Hide your sexuality? The whole point this is so they can have the freedom to not hide themselves from society and so that they can live like everyone else. Why should they have to live miserably and pretend to be someone they aren't just because other people are homophobic?

Seriously. How would you like it if you couldn't be openly straight, because all the gay people hated you for something you couldn't control? They shouldn't have to hide it. That's just horrible.
Quote by Kensai

Quote by Rambo-Conny

Polo shirt?

Sunglasses?

i didnt do it, but all the people bashing it annoyed the hell out of me, especially when the wouldnt shut up and would relentlessly say how stupid it is
I don't mind gay people but the gay guys have really whiny sounding voices at my school and I was pretty happy not to have to hear them today...

But I support homosexuality. I don't mind it at all as long as they don't bother me with it.
Quote by HuckIt
I met this chick I really liked and wanted to practice sex, so I practiced on some guy I met at a gas station...
Quote by bob farrell

You're seriously suggesting people hide their sexuality for the sake of prejudiced idiots? You're a fool. Everyone has the right to make whatever sexuality they are known, just like everyone has the right to openly admit their religion, origins, their background. Everything about them. Don't be such a fool.
I deal with discrimination too, simply because I live in a poorer area than the majority of my college. I don't bitch and moan either, but I'm not so self-centred as to suggest it means an entire group of people should simply put up with discrimination.
The whole point of this protest isn't for the individual to get attention, or whatever you like to think it is. It's to raise awareness to the damn problem of homophobia you care so little about. It's a peaceful protest, and you're the type of person holding acceptance back.

-Matthew Arnold

Quote by SeveralSpecies

They can't be treated equally, people are ignorent, they don't understand homosexuality. They should'nt have to live miserably, but if they don't want ****, they should. Like I said, I have to deal with persecution nearly everyday, but its fading away gradually because im telling other people that im something im not, and im acting like im something im not. And it keeps me from getting ****ed up. Its common sense, if there is a charisteristic you have which you could be insulted and ridiculed for, avoid showing it if you can, and if you can't, then minimalise your exposure to people who might discriminate you. Its common sense, but clearly some people would rather do the 'heroic' thing and be an idol and a martyr for their cause by standing up for it, even though it'll never change the way people view them.
Quote by FrenchyFungus

Quote by Rabid
Quote by bob farrell
They can't be treated equally, people are ignorent, they don't understand homosexuality. They should'nt have to live miserably, but if they don't want ****, they should. Like I said, I have to deal with persecution nearly everyday, but its fading away gradually because im telling other people that im something im not, and im acting like im something im not. And it keeps me from getting ****ed up. Its common sense, if there is a charisteristic you have which you could be insulted and ridiculed for, avoid showing it if you can, and if you can't, then minimalise your exposure to people who might discriminate you. Its common sense, but clearly some people would rather do the 'heroic' thing and be an idol and a martyr for their cause by standing up for it, even though it'll never change the way people view them.

Are you saying you're gay?
Quote by Kensai

Quote by Rambo-Conny

Polo shirt?

Sunglasses?

Just because some peopel are gay it doesnt mean they need to flaunt their sexuality liek its a hto fashion trend, you don't see me running around screaming "HEY YOU MUTHA ****AS. IM STRAIGHT HAHASHAHAHAH*..seriously what a cry for attention.

To dumb it down. There are two types of homoseuxals.

Pretenders.

and normal homosexuals...<----I CAN TOLERATE THOSE... as long as they don't get all weir don me. >.>

Im straight.. Gay peopel are just as normal as we are.. if they get a day of silence does that mean stoners should get a day of silence for their love for something that they cant do in public? O_o..im done ranting.
It's all symbolic. It's supposed to represent how nobody wants to talk about the issue, or something like that. Also, this year, it's in memory of some kid in middle school who was shot and killed for being gay. I think the main reason people don't talk about it, is because there are no valid reasons why gays shouldn't have rights. Marriage is a CIVIL right. The Bible does NOT pertain to the law. Of a group of pastors who were asked what the biggest threat to family was, not one said same-sex marriage. It doesn't even apply to anyone aside from the person and there partner, just like heterosexual marriage. Gays are people, too. In fact, most homophobes don't even know a gay person, they just base their fear/hate on stereotypes.

Did I win?
Quote by bob farrell

So they should live miserably as someone they aren't rather than try to make a change and be who they really are? Oh ok, that makes sense.

Wait no it doesn't!!!!!!!!!

So I guess MLK jr. should have bleached his skin rather than lead the civil rights movement?
Last edited by SeveralSpecies at Apr 25, 2008,
Quote by mrwaffles
It's all symbolic. It's supposed to represent how nobody wants to talk about the issue, or something like that. Also, this year, it's in memory of some kid in middle school who was shot and killed for being gay. I think the main reason people don't talk about it, is because there are no valid reasons why gays shouldn't have rights. Marriage is a CIVIL right. The Bible does NOT pertain to the law. Of a group of pastors who were asked what the biggest threat to family was, not one said same-sex marriage. It doesn't even apply to anyone aside from the person and there partner, just like heterosexual marriage. Gays are people, too. In fact, most homophobes don't even know a gay person, they just base their fear/hate on stereotypes.

Did I win?

Yeah, pretty much
Quote by Kensai

Quote by Rambo-Conny

Polo shirt?

Sunglasses?

Page 1 of 3