So if i were to buy a combo, it would be a cheap-er tube combo (peavey valveking, etc)... i would be replacing the speakers DEFINITELY and the tubes eventually...

Heads are cheaper than combos... and considering im a "luthier", i would assume another cabinet build with some vintage 30's or something would be cheaper/more fun/more personable (especially a curly maple/english walnut 2x12 1x15 cab?)

what do you guys think?
fight the power that be
what music style, budget, and are you playing with a band?
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
I'd say go for the cab build with the purchase of a new head.
It'd most likely make your tone unique.
well, i know what head id be getting/amp id be getting, im just wondering if i should get the combo version and mod it, or a head and build a cab. i like moes idea.
fight the power that be
Personally, I'd go for the half stack idea.
I hate combos. The choices of customization is small with them compared to a cab.
If you're confident building a cab, and you'd enjoy it, then go for it. Otherwise, you could get a decent, inexpensive cab from a company like Avatar. I think it's silly to get a combo like the Valveking with the plan being to swap out the speaker as soon as you get it. I like combos, though. I'd spend the VK + speaker money on a better combo.
You Don't Need a halfstack.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
well i asked budget and music style, because i cant believe that ur two options seemed to be a valveking or a mystery head.

LAf, so if you really want our permission to build a cab then, *God bless you my son, build a cab. and hurry before the floods come.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011