does anyone have any guess as to what amps they used on inhuman rampage? its got a really nice tube warmth to it, but im doubting marshall because it has a really high gain and high end fizzle to it.

and no, im not trying to 'sound like them', i could care less about the band, i just think the tone is decent.
its so EQ'd and mastered that their tone will sound nothing like their amps, but i know they use high-end prestige ibanez guitars.. i think they were either using Fender MH amps, for JSX amps... mesa stereo cabs i believe.
fight the power that be
Digitech whammy + Ibanez Weeping Demon + Ibanez = Dragonforce tone.

...maybe.
"Strangers passing in the street, by chance two separate glances meet, and I am you and what I see is me."
I think they use 5150s.
Quote by Sonicxlover
Kensai, I think I'll get a flamboyant sig.

Quote by Sonicxlover

Quote by Sonicxlover

Parker Nitefly Mojo sonnn
Jackson DK2M Dinky
Carvin Legacy
Fender Blues Jr.
Roland Cube 30X
its a laney head and a mesa cab

dunno the distortion
Quote by metul kult
You know when Attack Attack is ripping off your music, you're onto something

twitter: @victorstaygold
I'm pretty sure they use Laneys of some description. Herman does at least, I'm sure.
Lots of treble.
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
N64's.
90% of teens say they would cry if they saw the Jonas Brothers about to fall off a skyscraper, if you're one of the 10% who would shout, "JUMP MUTHA*******", put this in your signature

My Last .fm page: http://www.last.fm/user/mcgelie
their recording equipment is alot more complex than their live setup, but for recording herman uses
Rocktron Prophesy II
Rocktron All Access
Rocktron MIDI Mate
Rocktron Patch Mate
Source Audio Hot Hand
MIDIjet Pro Wireless Midi System
Mesa Boogie Stereo 2:Fifty
Peavey JSX 4x12 Straight Speaker Cabinets
DigiTech Whammy 2
Dunlop Cry Baby DCR-2SR
Ibanez Weeping Demon
Rocktron Xpression
Rocktron Intellifex XL
Korg DTR-2000

whereas live he just has his effects with a peavey amp or it used to be Laney

sam uses whatever he is given
used to be laney, now some kinda poweramp and preamp with the JSX cabinets with a lot of MIDI stuff live, but on the record, just produced a lot.
Quote by lazlow325i
so... bad...
Plus eighty five thousand.

Quote by McGelie
N64's.
These go to eleven...
Quote by MattCbassist
their recording equipment is alot more complex than their live setup, but for recording herman uses

whereas live he just has his effects with a peavey amp or it used to be Laney

sam uses whatever he is given

answered.. very thoroughly.

also a response to crzywhiteboy, who apparently doesnt realize live sound =/= studio recordings. ive heard live recordings of in flames with terrible tone, but their clayman-era tone is pristine.
I actually had a beer with Sam Totman at NAMM in January, & he said he used a Peavey (I assumed a 5150) mostly, but that Herman was the uber-gear/effects guy. He was a bit hammered, so he didn't really elaborate! Damn nice guy, though.
When I spoke with Herman at the same event, when I asked him about the gear, all he did was laugh & say they used all kinds of stuff, but didn't name any brands except his signature Ibanez guitar (possibly due to endorsement issues?). I didn't want to press him for details because there were a few other people there that I didn't know.
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
Riffhog for President

Quote by Cathbard
There's no point apologising for your feet smelling when there's a 300lb gorilla in the room taking a crap on the couch.

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2011
You have to use a studio to get their tone.
Quote by envoykrawkwar7

edge11
that was an epic win
best thing ive read all day

[feel free to sig this statement]

Gear:
Esp Ltd Ninja 600
Esp Ltd F-50
les paul elite
5watt jcm800 clone
Roland jc-55
Crate V33
Jca20H
Ibanez tubescreamer ts9
Keeley ds-1
Quote by edge11
You have to use a studio to get their tone.

I would go farther and say you need a studio, some gear the studio doesnt have and the ability to do take after take after take to get it right... Then the ability to put it all together and make it sound like a video game...
Laney GH/VH me thinks.
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
They used the Laney TT100H. But sound nothing like on the studio. They're a great example of how to ruin the sound of a great amp.
- Fender American Standard Ash Telecaster w/ DiMarzio Chopper T & Twang King
- Alhambra 5P
- Laney Lionheart L5T-112
- Line 6 POD XT
- Suhr Shiba Drive
- MXR Carbon Copy Analog Delay
- Dunlop Cry Baby
http://youtube.com/watch?v=6mITEuixWLU

There you go

EDIT: Damn Moe beat me to it.
"Make my funk the P-Funk, I want my funk uncut"
Quote by jambi_mantra
James, are you God?

Fender Highway One Tele
1985 Encore 335
Takamine EG523sc
Laney VC15
Vox V847
MXR M-108
EHX Q-Tron+, Big Muff Pi, POG
MI Audio Crunch Box
Yamaha DTXplorer DrumKit
this is why i was hesitant in posting this, i dont give a **** what dragonforce sounds like, i was only inquiring about the tone that was used for their recording. so harmonizing and upping the tempo, thats composition, its irrelevant. im asking about the studio side not the band side. but i suppose some people cant help but jump the 'dragonforce sucks' bandwagon.

by the way, the video posted might be dragonforce's tone, but thats not what i asked, i asked what tone was on the RECORDING of inhuman rampage. there IS a difference between live and studio.
Rocktron Prophesy II
Mesa Boogie Stereo 2:Fifty
JSX Cab.

That's what it mainly is... Then theres all his midi effects and whammy pedals and wahs.
Guitars:
Gibson SG Standard (Cherry finish)
Ibanez JS1000 (Black Pearl finish)

Effects:
Zoom G2.1u

Amp:
Bugera 333XL Head (Coming Soon)
Avatar G212H Special (Coming Soon)
Crate FW15R
Quote by McGelie
N64's.

Win.