Page 1 of 2
ok so i was a guitar center one day,and im only like 14, but this arrogant 23ish year old walks in while im sitting there getting a feel for this telecaster and he starts to play this crappy AFI riff horribly on like the biggest line 6 half stack they have,and i mean AFI isnt even that great of a band to begin with,espacially if SOMEBODYs guitar is out of tune.so the first thing that pops into mind is to show him up and i start to play the cliffs of dover intro,and it really sounds good when i play it,im a good player.he then tells me to screw off because i apparently suck horribly.after a pathedic attempt at the crazy train intro,i go into the Metallica solo,One and he throws his F*ucking guitar and me and leaves! honestly i was stunned.You do not want to get a BC Rich thrown at you
Hahaahahahah, happens to me almost daily.
...okay, weekly.
"Strangers passing in the street, by chance two separate glances meet, and I am you and what I see is me."
lmao.

no one stopped him? you'd think they'd make him pay for throwing a tele at a valuable customer.
My name is Charlie.

Gear
Gretsch Electromatic Pro Jet
Fender Deville 410
Electro-Harmonix USA Big Muff
Digitech Whammy IV
MXR Micro Amp
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
lol
that is a funny story
Guitars:
'13 MIM Fender Strat - '05 Epi G-400
Amps:
Fender HRD - VHT Special 6 Ultra -
Jet City JCA20H - Mesa Rectifier 2x12
Pedulz:
Slash Wah - OCD v1.7 - Red Llama MKII -
Big Muff Pi - Carbon Copy - Phase 90 - Ditto Looper
I think that part being a good guitar is properly putting up the people who think that they can play guitar, but that just seems outrageous. How banged up was the guitar that he threw at you?
Quote by ElMaco
My last pay check was £0 working 0 hours. I can't believe how easy it was
Okay...that is EXACTLY the same thread I read a week ago but reversed (from the eyes of the older guy)

Yeah he thinks you were a dick, jus thought I'd let you know

GAS
Throbak Stonebender | Fulltone Deja Vibe | Catalinbread Semaphore
So your one of those guys that wants to show everyone up if they play a song badly?
If you like Blues/Rock then add me as a friend. I need to talk to some Blues/Rock Musicians and need reccomendations.
that's epic. I remember once I was guitar battling this kid at a Guitar Center, and his mom goes, " You can't beat him, now lets go!" He even had the rack with the most pedals xDDD
BACK LIKE A HEART ATTACK
Quote by paradox_047
ok so i was a guitar center one day,and im only like 14, but this arrogant 23ish year old walks in while im sitting there getting a feel for this telecaster and he starts to play this crappy AFI riff horribly on like the biggest line 6 half stack they have,and i mean AFI isnt even that great of a band to begin with,espacially if SOMEBODYs guitar is out of tune.so the first thing that pops into mind is to show him up and i start to play the cliffs of dover intro,and it really sounds good when i play it,im a good player.he then tells me to screw off because i apparently suck horribly.after a pathedic attempt at the crazy train intro,i go into the Metallica solo,One and he throws his F*ucking guitar and me and leaves! honestly i was stunned.You do not want to get a BC Rich thrown at you

I </3 bad speelers
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
Quote by Stuarttt-1
Okay...that is EXACTLY the same thread I read a week ago but reversed (from the eyes of the older guy)

Yeah he thinks you were a dick, jus thought I'd let you know

lol yeah i read the same thread also, maybe you are a dick, just because someone can't play as good as yourself doesn't mean you have to show off, nobody likes a show off.
usually i just come on this website to read a bit of stuff and learn a song, but tbh m8 what you wrote, made me get an account so i could post in the thread.
I think u deserved to have the guitar thrown at you for being so arrogant, i mean okay maybe he didnt have to drown out ur sound, but thats no reason to go and make him look ****
everyone has to learn, and thats everyone, hendrix, Clapton all had to learn, so why be a dick and try to show him up, for all you know by being such an arrogant arsehole, uve just totally destroyed someones passion for guitar
Quote by paradox_047

1. Stop lying
2. Stop Breathing
3. Don't soil yourself when you suffocate.
A dwarf might hear you. What then?

My Music
Quote by Rounder01
So your one of those guys that wants to show everyone up if they play a song badly?

not necissarily,but he just walked in and looked me in the eye and gave me this"im better than you because im older that you"look and sat down right in front of me,of all places,and when he played,he sortof like acted like he was in concert.he was all movin around and tiltin his guitar
I </3 walls of text.

Paragraph or TL;DR: please.
Main gear (For complete list, see profile):
Epiphone Les Paul Standard Plain-top
Basswood Telecaster, 2 single-sized HB's, both split.
Epiphone Valve Junior
B-52 AT-412 Cabinet
Oh, and I have a Squier VM Jazz Bass too.
yeah im sure that happened.... im sure he threw a guitar at a ****ing 14 year.. and im sure cliffs of dover soudnms magical when you play it..
Lol Omgz1!! U Showd Him!! WHAT A BADAZZ!!

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=832910

^GO HERE TO B!TCH TS
Quote by pedaler466
Shreadhead22 had nothing helpful to say to me. He just immediatly started being a prick.

Quote by Yngwi3
Shredhead's advice is the best in the thread.

-Mesa Roadster
-Mesa 4x12
-'93 Gibby LP studio
-535q
-CE5/DD-220
-TS9dx
-EB volume
-Shure Wireless
Last edited by shredhead22 at Apr 25, 2008,
im not like a god,thats not what im getting at, i was just wondering what anybody else would do.i asked him if he could turn his amp down or move first.then he started like freaking out and playing guitar and tilting it all over the place and like embarrasing himself
Quote by paradox_047
SO I IS GOOD AT GITAR AND SUM NOOB TRIED TO PWN ME SO I PWNT HIM HARDER AND HE CRIED LIKE A BABY LOL

how many of these threads get on UG a day, honestly?
I don't even shred
Lamest attempt at humour I've seen in a long time.
2003 Music Man Axis Pacific Blue Burst
Quote by paradox_047
not necissarily,but he just walked in and looked me in the eye and gave me this"im better than you because im older that you"look and sat down right in front of me,of all places,and when he played,he sortof like acted like he was in concert.he was all movin around and tiltin his guitar

thats not really a reason to show him up man really grow up, you coulda ask him to turn it down a little
Quote by paradox_047
im not like a god,thats not what im getting at, i was just wondering what anybody else would do.i asked him if he could turn his amp down or move first.then he started like freaking out and playing guitar and tilting it all over the place and like embarrasing himself

riigghhttt... thats cool
why do i get the feeling that you made this up so everyone would think you're awesome? I just don't know...
Quote by pwninator123
EPIC LOLZ FROM THE LEFTY!!!!!!

Quote by death.prog
Ugh...

When I brought up this page, so much fail dumped out of my computer screen and all over my hands, severely damaging my ability as a musician.
nah im not trying to like make a name for myself and be all modest, i was just putting this out there.and i did telle him to turn it down all he did was look me in the eye like"screw you" and started i really dont care if you even reply to this post,its your waste of life
Quote by timi_hendrix
1. Stop lying
2. Stop Breathing
3. Don't soil yourself when you suffocate.

+300.

Seriously, this cliché gets so old. Same for that obnoxious kids at guitar stores thread. I mean, no one buys it anymore. And even if we did, it kind of loses a lot of it's mystique after being repeated for the 2,9276563983*10^700 time, just with different names, trendy songs/bands and shred pieces.
Quote by primusfan
It wasn't mean, it was Portuguese.

Master Saruwatari of the Pit Samurai Pm theguitarist to join

Membro do clube Português do UG.
really you dont have to beleive a word i say if its in your best interest, i was just putting this out there
Quote by paradox_047
really you dont have to beleive a word i say if its in your best interest, i was just putting this out there

It's not that we don't believe you..it's just this subject has been done to death. perhaps you should post here to get the sypathy you're craving

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=832910
Quote by pedaler466
Shreadhead22 had nothing helpful to say to me. He just immediatly started being a prick.

Quote by Yngwi3

-Mesa Roadster
-Mesa 4x12
-'93 Gibby LP studio
-535q
-CE5/DD-220
-TS9dx
-EB volume
-Shure Wireless
Is it just me, or do people generally sound way better in the store than when they take it home?
Quote by paradox_047
sitting there getting a feel for this telecaster

Quote by paradox_047
You do not want to get a BC Rich thrown at you

something doesnt quite add up ther....

*feels my telecasters body*

*goes on internet and looks up b.c. rich*

:confuzed:

*feels telecaster body again*

me smellz something fishy.....
Happy birthday Slash
Quote by Shred-Hed
What do you think the odds are that he'll read this...?

Quote by TJ1991
A lot higher than Chinese Democracy ever being released.
Last edited by Vintage_Axe at Apr 25, 2008,
Quote by paradox_047

oh god no he moved whilst he played? shame on him who does that..
Quote by pwninator123

Quote by death.prog
Ugh...

When I brought up this page, so much fail dumped out of my computer screen and all over my hands, severely damaging my ability as a musician.
Quote by paradox_047

ah the plot thickens. you forgot to mention that you asked him to turn down did you?
Quote by pwninator123

Quote by death.prog
Ugh...

Quote by paradox_047
wow ok sorry for everybody i somehow pissed off

no your attempts to sound like you know what you're talking about are quite amussing. please continue
Quote by pwninator123

Quote by death.prog
Ugh...

Quote by pedaler466

Quote by Yngwi3

-Mesa Roadster
-Mesa 4x12
-'93 Gibby LP studio
-535q
-CE5/DD-220
-TS9dx
-EB volume
-Shure Wireless
Pics or it didn't happen.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
bullshyt

and if its true, u r the azzhole, not him...

So what. He sucked. I suck. Big deal!!!!

Are you the guitar god that says whether or not someone is worthy to hold/play a guitar?

piss off...
Page 1 of 2