Page 1 of 3
i hear alot of people saying that they are better than alot of the professional guitarists out there, and im sure most of it is a load of BS. but i was interested to see if anyone really truly believes they are better than a certain guitarist out there. so who could you upstage? and i mean this as a serious question, i dont want people saying stupid **** like "herman li" so if your thinking about posting that then just shut the hell up right now, no one is going to believe you anyway.
inb4HermanLi
When a man lies he murders some part of the world
These are the pale deaths which men miscall their lives
All this I cannot bear to witness any longer
Cannot the kingdom of salvation take me home?
pretty much any punk guitarist. thats a given.
Ibanez S520ex
Epiphone G-400
Roland Microcube
Alvarez MC90
Quote by Lord Of Donkeys
Um...Billy Joe Armstrong is pretty sucky.

Wrong. His music is sucky, don't be so quick to judge a player based on what music they play.

Edit: Scratch that, I just googled 'Billy Joe Shred'. Not only did my computer melt, but I am now forced to listen to American Idiot whenever I open an MP3.
my friend is better than herman li.... no joke but hes in college right now youtube him xRisingForcex for proof and yeah he is a HUGE yngwie fan lol
patrick stump. Most people here couldnt touch herman li, no matter how ****ty he is compared to Friedman, Malmsteen, pretty much every decent shredder, and even Hammett.
The Mitch Clem formula
1)make jokes about rancid and NOFX (as if they dont already make fun of themselves)
2)make obvious punk puns, possibly related to food
3)make fun of Rancid and NOFX again
4)??????
5)PROFIT (and an army of internet fanboys)
I thought I was being creative when I thought Herman Li, lawl, but im sure we can all agree he is one of the worst guitarists in history
Quote by SharpSpoon
I think I can safely say I would still bang her knowing this information.

Lmao ^

Grundy0 > Cancer!
Quote by FLUX_
Wrong. His music is sucky, don't be so quick to judge a player based on what music they play.

well how else is someone supposed to judge them?
Quote by FLUX_

ive listened to live videos of him soloing and i gotta admit hes pretty sucky, his music sucks too. I mean hes been playing in a band for 15 years now he should be able to shred and riff but he just plays powerchords in drop D.
The Mitch Clem formula
1)make jokes about rancid and NOFX (as if they dont already make fun of themselves)
2)make obvious punk puns, possibly related to food
3)make fun of Rancid and NOFX again
4)??????
5)PROFIT (and an army of internet fanboys)
Quote by Lord Of Donkeys
Um...Billy Joe Armstrong is pretty sucky.
He gets the job done.

From what I've seen, I'm much less sloppy than Heart's current guitarist, Craig Bartock.
Someone from FAll out boy and My Chemical Romance and Panic at the disco **** like that. Easily way better than them fags.
ESP Eclipse-II VTB (With 18v Mod)
Randall RG75
Tapco Mix60
New Zealand
Quote by schecter_r0cker
I thought I was being creative when I thought Herman Li, lawl, but im sure we can all agree he is one of the worst guitarists in history

no he's not, I despise dragonforce and herman ri, but he is obviously not even close to one of the worst guitar players in history, he is insanely overrated but he is clearly not even close to the title of worst guitar player.
Quote by dminishedthingy
It didn't seem possible, but apparently Messiah can spam even more now.

Quote by \Powerslave/
I can see it now. "Dark Thrones and Black People".

Quote by \Powerslave/
I pretty much wank something small and sleek.

ololololololol

JOIN THE NEKROGESTAPO!
in the bassist realm Pete Wenzt is pretty much beatable by anyone...seeing a signature bass with his name on it makes me sick
Quote by tomypg
Someone from FAll out boy and My Chemical Romance and Panic at the disco **** like that. Easily way better than them fags.

Ray Toro from My Chemical Romance is a beast. I'll bet money he's a better guitar player than 90% of this site.

And, I do believe there's no such thing as a "professional" giutar player, just professional musicians.
Quote by tomypg

as much as im not a fan of my chemical romance. There guitarist is quite technically gifted.

But i'll give you panic!...hate them!
Professional Mixing available at request.

Everton FC
Kurt Cobain? yeah, i choose him.
Quote by JackWhiteIsButts
I saw Pantera live once, Dime changed into a body bag right there on stage.

Pretty much anyone in a UK based mainstream indie band right now, I'm confident I could out-play. Basically because that genre has an emphasis on "We're lads from the pub who can't play for ****, but we made this anyway."

TBH, I think I can match a lot of the less shreddy rock/metal guitarists in terms of ability; I just don't have the amount of experience they do, therefore they beat me. I'm pretty sloppy and inconsistent on occasion, so I still have a few years to go really.
Quote by Osiris77

Still very easy stuff. I'm hearing a lot of that same stock blues lick.
Quote by Bonesaw
I'm sure I'm better than Sid Vicious... I think... yep I am

From what I've heard he was so bad that his amp was switched off during shows.

Quote by stringmagician
And, I do believe there's no such thing as a "professional" giutar player, just professional musicians.

I don't get it. Care to elaborate?
Quote by metallica92
that **** is easy, as in beinner easy, the first good solo wasn't even that great, easy pentatonic stuff.

The first solo is pretty good and thats definately not sucky, just because someone ones not virtuious doesnt mean they suck.....
Quote by Lord Of Donkeys
The first one was pretty good but other than that...SUCKY!!

Well thats enough proof that he's good and just chooses not to play anything difficult in his music......
Last edited by Osiris77 at Apr 25, 2008,
You should stick to categorizing. Any metal player can shred the f*ck out of Billie joe. Or some punk guitarist.
Now lets see Metal player against Metal player.
McLovin is my hero!

It's not the going that the pit cares about.
It's the coming.
Quote by Vermintide
Don't shreddzorzz solos like that negate the fact it's punk? Punk is supposed to be an active rebellion against complex solos and so on, is it not?

Not to me I love punk and I can't understand why anyone would'nt want to play to the best of there ability...To me punk is a style of music not a lifestyle.....
Quote by Rocking-Rob
surely if your all so good then you've all been signed with ease?

lol
alot of people (not all of you UG) think that what these guitarist do on stage is easy. But you have to remember some bands play for hours and hours. Venue after Venue. There's were they have the edge. consistency.

Also what they play on there tracks will not always show a guitarists ability.
Professional Mixing available at request.

Everton FC
Quote by Fassa Albrecht
On bass- Pete Wentz, Peter Hook

On drums- Rick Allen (I fail)

I was about to launch into a huge rant about the drum bit, but I realised it was you

I wanted to have a good rant, too
Quote by Retro Rocker
I was about to launch into a huge rant about the drum bit, but I realised it was you

I wanted to have a good rant, too

Sorry.

You can still rant if you want........
Better than:

McFly
Busted (before they disbanded thank god)
Generally the (new) indie genre scene, though ofc there are exceptions...Bands i've never heard may be better than me obviously

But, as Steve Vai said, "No-one has the right to say our noise is better than their noise". Easy to say that when you're one of the best guitarists in the world though isn't it Steve?
Quote by Rocking-Rob
surely if your all so good then you've all been signed with ease?

I'm too good for the labels, maaan. They don't want my stuff, it's too deep and out there bro. I'm pushing boundaries waaaaay too far...
Page 1 of 3