I just got the April newsletter from Vox and in it is ZERO mention of the "XL" line of amps they recently (past year) came out with. Also, salesdude @ GC by me said they were gonna stop carrying them for some reason. Wierd. They did suck though so it makes sense I guess. Anybody know anything about this?

*They are still up on Vox's website so I dunno...
Last edited by TheEsupremacy at Apr 25, 2008,
Maybe.

Their wasn't really much market for them. Anyone who's interested in metal wouldn't really want a VOX amp, as it means nothing in the metal world. And anyone who would want a VOX amp probably doesn't play metal.
Dissonance is Bliss

Signal Chain:
Carvin CT-4
Ibanez TS-9
Carvin Quad-X
TC Electronics G-Major
Mesa/Boogie 2:90
Ear Candy BuzzBomb

Member #4 of the Carvin Club
Those amps weren't even good for metal. I think they were a huge waste on Vox's part.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Solder fume huffer σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Electronic Audio Experiments
Quote by stradivari310
Those amps weren't even good for metal. I think they were a huge waste on Vox's part.

They weren't good for anything...
I agree. Absolutely terrible tones. A very big letdown from Vox. They could have really made something innovative but instead chose cheap and easy. Sad indeed.
That sounds like good news to me. With everyone raving about the Vox's AD series of amps and the XL supposidly designed for metal, it sounded like a good upgrade over my Spider 3. Imagine my surprise after playing one that it sounded worse than a Spider. I pretty much knew after that I wouldn't be getting a low end solid state as my second amp. LOL
Lol @ rhettro. I know exactly what you mean man. I bought one without hearing it first. Only place I could find it around here was mail order. WOW was I let down. I returned it. Worst. Metal. Amp. Ever. High gain my ass...
The regular line of AD amps is pretty good, but not as good as a regular old tube amp.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Solder fume huffer σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Electronic Audio Experiments
I actually liked them for very heavy metal, my friend plays t3h br00talz stuff and it works for him...
Quote by stratman_13
It's okay Gabel. You kick ass.

18watter video demo

My band

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009
I tried one yesterday and didn't think it was half bad. the regular valvetronix was ****. just my opinion, though
Gibson SG Standard
Gibson Les Paul Traditional
Cort Explorer
Squire Standard Strat rebuilt with Fender USA parts
Squire Tele
Krank 1980
Orange Tiny Terror
Traynor YCV 50 Blue
Peavey Vypyr 75

Will fly for food. Call me Dylan