Hi, I havent been on UG since dec. of 06'. So hello again.

I have been playing for about 3 years, maybe a little more. And honestly, I can say Im a good player (not compared to you guitar guru's, but still pretty good). I took lessons, then stopped for about a year and my playing ability went down tremendously. I got a new teacher about 5 months ago who is awesome, and Im playing better than ever. But Im kind of stuck.

I need to start advancing again, I feel like Im in a rut.

Any advice?

thanks.
Epiphone LP special II
-Duncan Designed pu's
Schecter c-1 Elite
-Neck:PAF Pro
-Bridge: Steve's Special
Boss MT-2 Metal Zone
Ibanez Weeping Demon wah
Peavey studio pro 112 65 watt
Ampeg 50 watt
well i play violin as my main instrtument and i just went on holiday for a week and didn't touch either my guitar violin or cello and my intonation sucked. i just dedicated a whole day to practicing and i was right again. i think you need to go back and start some really basic stuff and then move onto your favourite stuff and just remind yourself why you play in the first place.

you said you were in a rut, when i feel like that i experiment with a different genre of music. like i have been playing rock and that for the last 6 months and got tired of it, now im experimenting with blues thanks to my teacher.

good luck!
like the poster above me said, learn genre's you aren't used to, it makes you better over all. also learn another instrument, i did didgeridoo then piano, i'm not the greatest ever but my understanding of music increased, and with piano came music theory, i then learned to apply what theory i learned onto the guitar and kept on learning theory.
Quote by coolstoryangus
Pffffffft schematics

Although i guess the OP will have to get used to reading them if he's going to buy a bugera..
Quote by gregs1020

along with fire escape routes...

take a break from playing for a couple of days also it helps if you got other people to play with sometimes
Last edited by metallica72487 at Apr 25, 2008,
Yeah maybe I will look into some blues.

Any recomendations?
Epiphone LP special II
-Duncan Designed pu's
Schecter c-1 Elite
-Neck:PAF Pro
-Bridge: Steve's Special
Boss MT-2 Metal Zone
Ibanez Weeping Demon wah
Peavey studio pro 112 65 watt
Ampeg 50 watt
Quote by xsynysterx06
Yeah maybe I will look into some blues.

Any recomendations?

Stevie ray vaughan, enough said.
radiantmoon is the toughest person I know. He inflects a sense of impending doom upon any who look upon his stone-chiseled face. The children run out of fear, while the men run for they know that the stories are true.