I have a Epiphone Les Paul Special II. I'm looking for them to be little on the cheap basically anything under $250 or so. Anyone have any suggestions, I've been looking around seen some good things, but I'm not so keen on pedals and effect amps and such so I would really appreicate a second opinion. Thanks.
A Spider III or Marshall MG should fit your needs. Nah don't do that. Try BlackHeart?http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Blackheart-BH5112-5W-1x12-Little-Giant-Tube-Combo-Amp?sku=481675
just A couple extra bucks but it's worth it.
EDIT Buy effects as you go along. Right now as a beginner you don't really need them.
Gear

93 Jackson Dinky Professional Reverse
98 Jackson Kelly KE3

Peavey Bandit 112
Custom 2x10 cab w/Bugeras
I wouldn't really call me a beginner but I guess for the electric guitar I'm still new to it.
Don't have to be a fag. I never was putting you down but you made it seem you were new.
Gear

93 Jackson Dinky Professional Reverse
98 Jackson Kelly KE3

Peavey Bandit 112
Custom 2x10 cab w/Bugeras
hey man.... he wasn't being a fag. He was emphasising words with italics, like italics are supposed to be used. You aren't the only person who knows how to use italics.
Quote by imthehitcher
you truly are a prince of men

Quote by isuckhardcore
I get naked FOR my dog.
I wasn't putting anyone down, or being a "fag", I was just clarifying that I wasn't new completely to guitar. Sorry if anyone thought something different.
Genres? You should definitely try the Vox modelers. Or a Valve Junior
Then a Vox modeler or a Cube is probably what you want, since your budget is so low and you want versatility.

The Cube is a favorite amongst those who like high gain, but I find it a bit cold. But then again, many people don't like the high gain settings on the Vox. So try both of those amps, and see what you like.

Another route you can go is Epiphone Valve Junior with a Bad Monkey and/or a Metal Muff. The Metal Muff is very versatile, despite it's name. You can get good rock tones out of it, but it+the VJ is about 250 new. The BM is about 50 bucks new. If you can find any of them used, go for it.
The Roland Cube is great, espescially for metal. The Vox Valtronix is good, too, however its probably better for rock.