Page 1 of 2
im going to the doctor for mine i just wnted to know if any of the lovely people from the pit could tell me exactly whats going to happen....i had it since i was 8 and im 14 now....
signatures suck...
Quote by Aramis
Because I don't rock like Jack.
Hmm...Seems like you're losing a big part of your life. I mean, you've been together for six years.

It's ok to cry.
Signature temporarily empty
pics?

i'm a sicko.

This is Larry The If you click him, he will give you magic powers.
srsly.

If you are not willing to die for the perfect s'more, Then you don't deserve a s'more at all.
Quote by jackrocks4
i had it since i was 8 and im 14 now....

Holy ****! They normally get removed after like 3 weeks because of the pain .

As for having it that long, no idea. Usually they cut the edge of the nail away and leave the centre with no nail either side so it is not ingrowing. Bloody painful, and comes with the added advantage of not being able to walk for a few days (without epic pain)
Quote by nightraven
can't stand public showers
and yes i do have a small penis

Quote by thewho182
people in public showers make fun of my big dick

Quote by kyle33093
i would if pee pee was bigger

well this has happened to me and what they did was give me a few shots to numb my foot and then they cut off the ingrown side of the toenail so you have half a toenail then you have to wear flip flops a couple days it's not that bad
Quote by oh noes!!
wikipedia is going to happen. bad
then a spontanious case of aids.

aids? :O lol
signatures suck...
Quote by Aramis
i had ingrowing toenails on both of my big toes (dunno how the **** it happened)

but if your going to have them operated on
they give you local anistetic (spelling?) into your foot cut away the skin and trim down the toenail or if its really bad like mine where remove the toenail completely its not to bad at all i didnt feel a thing
Passion Before Fashion

---------------------------------------------------------
Ibanez S470DQXM
Amp Fund 0/300
----------------------------------------------------------
You should've picked it out and jabbed cotton under it when you were eight.

Now they may cut your toenail off.
Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens.

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace.

-Jimi Hendrix-

Quote by CodySG
You know you're in the drug thread when you see pictures of squash and "tuna nigga!" when you click the page.
Quote by Lord Of Donkeys
Hmm...Seems like you're losing a big part of your life. I mean, you've been together for six years.

It's ok to cry.
oh my god. ur right...lol
signatures suck...
Quote by Aramis
Quote by Neillya1

As for having it that long, no idea. Usually they cut the edge of the nail away and leave the centre with no nail either side so it is not ingrowing. Bloody painful, and comes with the added advantage of not being able to walk for a few days (without epic pain)

well, it never hurt till i was 13 then it went away...now its back and it hurts like a beast
signatures suck...
Quote by Aramis
Its nothing. The worst part is when they inject you with the numbing agent in between your toes. Then they cut away the ingrown spot and your foot starts bleeding alot. Then they rub a chemical on a cotton swab and swab in the cut. The swab makes it so you have like an 11% chance of getting another. Then they wrap your toe up and tell you to just take it east on it for a while, keep in in a band aid. I had three taken out in the same day and i felt no pain, just relief.
Quote by jackrocks4
im going to the doctor for mine i just wnted to know if any of the lovely people from the pit could tell me exactly whats going to happen....i had it since i was 8 and im 14 now....

You can get rid of it through subscripted medication which burns off the skin around your toe (it's strong as hell, one drop at a time is needed...), the skin is burnt down, the nail is cut and it can grow straight back out again on top of the skin.

That, or you can have a local operation. You can go to sleep if you wish, but that's for losers. The most painful part of it is having two/four jabs in your foot to numb the pain. Sounds bad, but it's just a very weird sensation. Your toe will feel like a rock and they're cracking at it as you look away. You'll grow back feeling, you won't be very mobile for a few days, but you'll end up fine. It's not bad at all. Go in fearless, you'll have little pain to experience.
Last edited by Craigo at Apr 25, 2008,
This man knows:

Gear as 2015:
Ibanez PGM401
Music Man JP6 (for sale)
Music Man Axis (for sale)
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster
Ibanez EW Acoustic Steel string
Crappy Cort Acoustic 12-string
NI Rig Kontrol 3 & Guitar Rig 5
Quote by Neillya1

I had one for months, only got painful due to swelling. Some people majorities of their lives with one just fine.

Read my post, I got this covered
Quote by Bonesaw
well this has happened to me and what they did was give me a few shots to numb my foot and then they cut off the ingrown side of the toenail so you have half a toenail then you have to wear flip flops a couple days it's not that bad

thats what i was looking for allthough im loling at the funny replys....ne way does it grow back into ur toe after that? or after that will i be fine and almost never have to deal with it again?
signatures suck...
Quote by Aramis
Quote by jackrocks4
thats what i was looking for allthough im loling at the funny replys....ne way does it grow back into ur toe after that? or after that will i be fine and almost never have to deal with it again?

You shouldn't get it again if you look after your toe just fine

It rarely regrows back again into ingrown. Then, surgery is performed again and it'll be fine.
Quote by Joey Radical
This man knows:

umm...and who exactly is that?
signatures suck...
Quote by Aramis
Quote by jackrocks4

Well I haven't had an ingrown toe since and that was like 5 years ago oh yeah it grows back too so no worries
Quote by Craigo

It rarely regrows back again into ingrown. Then, surgery is performed again and it'll be fine.

alright cool...
signatures suck...
Quote by Aramis
Quote by Bonesaw
Well I haven't had an ingrown toe since and that was like 5 years ago oh yeah it grows back too so no worries

thanks the pit officially rules
signatures suck...
Quote by Aramis
Quote by Retro Rocker
Bottle of Jack and a stanley-knife, pussy.

was that really nessessary im just looking to calm down about it...
signatures suck...
Quote by Aramis
Quote by jackrocks4
does it grow back into ur toe after that? or after that will i be fine and almost never have to deal with it again?

Mine never grew back. It was ingrown on both sides, because I left it like 6 months before doing anything about it. They put Phenol on the nail bed after pulling it, so I'll never have a nail there.

EDIT: By the way, it doesn't hurt a bit when they do it.
[quote="'[x"]Huffy[x]']^ This man knows everything.

Seriously, don't even try and question him, he'll rip your face off with his awesomeness alone.
Quote by Kumanji
@ yet another win post from Vince. Kudos to you, sir.
i had to get surgery last year...it was infected and what not

TG
Fighting for peace, is like screwing for virginity

Screw you Waldo, go find yourself!!!!
Quote by Craigo

I'm not sure if that's true. I've had to go to the doctor for getting the ingrown nail removed twice, on both big toes. And that was only when it got infected so bad I couldn't take care of it myself.

To TS, get some metal to listen to, something to bite down on, and prepare for the shot.

Quote by Retro Rocker
Bottle of Jack and a stanley-knife, pussy.

Only manly way to go. Make sure you don't use any antigerm stuff either.
Last edited by Tire Me. at Apr 25, 2008,
If it's really bad expect bad things. My best friend had a bad one, and they ended up taking the toenail off. Very painful.

It's unlikely though. Whenever I get one my mom fills up a pot of very hot water for me to soak my foot in. That usually does the trick.
Quote by Sonicxlover
Kensai, I think I'll get a flamboyant sig.

Quote by Sonicxlover

Quote by Sonicxlover

Parker Nitefly Mojo sonnn
Jackson DK2M Dinky
Carvin Legacy
Fender Blues Jr.
Roland Cube 30X
I had this about 2 years ago.

I figured the best thing to do would be remove it myself, so I did. It never grew back properly and now it's kinda gross.

BTW, don't remove it yourself. It hurts like a ****ing bitch.

I'll post pics if enough people want it.
Quote by Thornography

I figured the best thing to do would be remove it myself, so I did. It never grew back properly and now it's kinda gross.

I'm slightly twisted for abnormal looking things, so go on then.
Quote by Thornography

I tried that, get the old pliers on it. Couldn't quite do it though.
[quote="'[x"]Huffy[x]']^ This man knows everything.

Seriously, don't even try and question him, he'll rip your face off with his awesomeness alone.
Quote by Kumanji
@ yet another win post from Vince. Kudos to you, sir.
Quote by Thornography

Pics or it didn't happen
I had this happen to me 2 years ago. I had it for half a year, it was badly infected but I didn't care, because it didn't hurt much and I didn't want my mom to know because I was lazy when it came to properly taking care of my toenails.

Surgery was ok, they pumped anesthetics(sp?) into the toe, on both sides of it (still hurt like a bitch), but then it was breeze. Had to wear bandages for the next week or two.
He'll probably just check it out, see how bad it really is. Wont hurt very much but to see it fully, he will have to pull or possibly push the sides of the toe in a bit. Itll only be a check up to see if they need to take action of some sort...
Quote by Atomic_Assault
lololololol that was epic andyd93. you just made my day

PROUD EVERTONIAN
Quote by Retro Rocker
I was expecting a fully mutated foot

Nope. If it was that, this would be called "ingrown footnail". What you don't really notice is how my nail is yellowish. It's also a bit taller and doesn't go to the end of my toe.
Quote by Thornography
Nope. If it was that, this would be called "ingrown footnail". What you don't really notice is how my nail is yellowish. It's also a bit taller and doesn't go to the end of my toe.

Oh I noticed, but I was hoping for much worse.
Quote by Thornography

I might have a funky thing going on with my big toe. It's like twice as thick as my other toe nails and one of the sides dig in the the skin, so I always have to yank it out when clipping them, thus leaving me a mini crater in my foot. It doesn't hurt though at all, and it's almost like I have a callous around part of my toe.

Should I get it checked or just live with it?

And that's a might fine ingrown toenail ya got there
Page 1 of 2