Quit hovering over the title and click the damn thing.

I've got two problems that may or may not be related and I've done everything I can think of.

1. Windows media player will not open, I've clicked the shortcut, right clicked the shortcut and hit open, gone into My Music and clicked a song, inserted a disk in the drive, and did the wmplayer run command. Nothing worked.

2. I went to yahoo to check my mail, and when I clicked on mail a really screwy page loaded and a little window popped up listing a bunch of jibberish about TypeError and Object expected, and when I closed that another little window popped up saying 'unable to load javascript files. which I don't know much about.

oh yea, I ran crap a virus scan and got nothing.

Any help?

edit: damnit, I misspelled computer!
sorry, i know how to fix your problems... but you called me a nerd

goodbye >=(
<Raven> I got so baked last night
<Raven> that I WOKE UP high o_o
<Raven> Do you have any idea how euphoric that is?
<Raven> I felt like I was being born.
Uninstall and reinstall Windows Media Player, or even better, download a new media player all together, such as Winamp or Foobar.

The Yahoo! mail was most likely something trying to give you a virus. I would stop using Yahoo, and use Gmail instead. It gives you 6GB of storage, labels, archive features, etc. And it is all free.
Gear:
Epiphone Les Paul Studio Custom (Alpine White)
Roland Microcube

Hoping to get a Strat or Tele next.
I think for question one

ctrl+alt+del > processes then look for wmplayer. End task then reopen it again. It does it to me on occasions. If It doesn't work- at least I tried.

edit: you can reorder the list in performances by clicking the "image name" making them alphabetical- making life much easier
There's a good chance that what I've written above is useless and if you take any of the advice it's your own fault.
Install Crap Cleaner... just google it and you'll find it. And close out everything. Then run ccleaner and then run the registry cleaning program within ccleaner. Do a fresh install of wmp. Reboot. Enjoy.
1990 Gibson LP Studio
2007 American Deluxe Stratocaster
2006 Taylor 510-ce
Fender Geddy Lee Jazz Bass
Mesa/Boogie DC-3
Thanks! it worked! I am now in debt to Silent Murder forever.

now, with the yahoo mail thing, I don't think it's a virus. what I mean by screwy is it just loaded the top bar of the page and it had it in plain text format.

edit: and I ran crap cleaner yesterday, I guess I'll run it again
Last edited by The4thHorsemen at Apr 25, 2008,
Quote by mclies
Use Gmail instead. It gives you 6GB of storage, labels, archive features, etc. And it is all free.

Go with HotMail. 50GB of space.

I don't keep Word documents on my computer anymore. I email them all to myself and store them on the server.
Quote by Les_Frederiksen
PlayMadness, you give me hope for mankind.

Quote by Darksucker
PlayMadness - Jesus 2.0

Quote by genghisgandhi
Society's doing great. There's a rise of people like PlayMadness. I feel pretty good about the way things are going.
Quote by digimon go!
i dont travel much so i cant help you
L-O-L

I see what you did there.
Quote by digimon go!
i dont travel much so i cant help you
L-O-L

Damn you, digimon go!, stealing my would-be joke.

But yeah, I'd suggest you reinstall it.
Quote by PlayMadness
Go with HotMail. 50GB of space.

I don't keep Word documents on my computer anymore. I email them all to myself and store them on the server.

Wow. 50GB sounds pretty nice.
I'm a google fan though.
Gear:
Epiphone Les Paul Studio Custom (Alpine White)
Roland Microcube

Hoping to get a Strat or Tele next.