How many of you have read this book? What do you think of it? I'm doing an essay on it for homework and I have to explain its symbolisms, etc.

EDIT: Sorry to eternally bother you guys, but any links or advice to help me with my other essays on the Plague (the 1348-1350 breakout) and the element sodium would be a ton of help. Cheers.
ಠ_ಠ WILL GIVE HEAD

Quote by Myxer
Have to give you props that the funniest post I read in a while
Quote by GogglesVK

hazardmaster has won this thread.

Fender Stratocaster 57' Reissue (Japanese)
Vox Valvetronix AD15VT
Last edited by hazardmaster at Apr 25, 2008,
I liked it. Did you read it yet?
The symbolism is fairly obvious, I thought.
here's one thing:
The conch symbolized civilization and civility and such.
I did just this year, me and my friends like the book, but we also make fun of it all the time.
i read it its pretty good. i liked it pretty creative. reminded me a lot of the show lost.

sparknotes.com and cliffnotes.com

my friend those sites ^^^^ will help you a lot
Yeah i had to read that last year (yr 9) it was a pretty easy year and the symbolism is pretty obvious.
i read it its pretty good. and its pretty creative. reminded me a lot of the show lost.

sparknotes.com and cliffnotes.com

my friend those sites ^^^^ will help you a lot
Quote by scorpion618^
here's one thing:

Yep, I have. I completely understand the symbolism and morals, but it's hard to put them into words. I thought the book was very meaningful and reflected on modern society.

Thanks for the links Takingfire21
ಠ_ಠ WILL GIVE HEAD

Quote by Myxer
Quote by GogglesVK

Vox Valvetronix AD15VT
I just finished that book in English class. I'm actually in the process of making a movie parody
One of my friends is an amateur director who's extremely talented.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Solder fume huffer σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Electronic Audio Experiments
pretty good book, but it gets pwned by gatsby or heart of darkness.
I have no opinion on this matter.
I didn't find it very deep to be honest. From what I'd heard about it I expected to be grabbed by the balls, but I just thought it was pretty mediocre. None of the characters ever did anything particularly unexpected and I found the over-description of a lot of events pretty pointless - if he hadn't bothered with that and let the reader's imagination do the work then the book would have seemed richer and bleaker, in my opinion. In contrast the characters generally felt under-developed where they really needed more fleshing out for us to care about them.
I loved it, actually. I read it two years ago (in 9th grade) and liked it a lot better than the next book we read, The Grapes Of Wrath. Even though reading it made the south park parody much more funny.
I had to do an essay on Lord of The Flies last year for my Literature class.
Good book.
Quote by Lamont

i once dreamt my wallet was on a helicopter and i chased after it. and eventually i pulled my dick out and lassoed the bottom of the copter and pulled it out of the sky. i woke up screaming
Quote by Zugunruhe
pretty good book, but it gets pwned by gatsby or heart of darkness.

i thought both of those books were really boring and not quite as dynamic as lord of the flies. then again i read heart of darkness and gatsby my senior year and lord of the flies my sophomore or junior year haha. senioritis does **** to u

lord of the flies is good though. lots of deep symbolism and great commentary on society.

EDIT: i haven't read gatsby or w/e, it was the grapes of wrath. now i remember, wow very boring book lol.
Traynor YCV50 Blue
epi les paul w/ SD Alnico II pros
Dunlop Slash Wah
EH Deluxe Memory Boy
Moen Jimi Vibe
Danelectro Cool Cat Fuzz
Zvex Vexter Fuzz Factory
VHT 2x12 w/ V30's
It opened my eyes to the way some people work. It was a good representation of Freud's view of the Id, Ego, and Super Ego. I enjoyed the movie more because there was no reading involved =). I had to write a paper about it too.

If you need help you can PM me the question and i can try to remember what i said.
i didn't like it that much, but it's very good writing
www.sparknotes.com
that will help you with anything, it's not a copy off me for answers! kinda site, it actually halps and it has pretty much every book you would possibly ever read in school in it
good luck with your essay, i had a little trouble with mine (had to be 5 or 6 pages)
Gear:
Jackson DKMG Dinky (EMG 81/85)
Ibanez GIO (i put a Dimbucker in the bridge)
Crate GT65 (65 watts) to be upgraded soon, suggestions welcome (must be tubed)
Floor Pod (for sale)
I wrote a 9 page essay on that in grade 7..
Are YOU, by any chance, in grade 7?
McLovin is my hero!

It's not the going that the pit cares about.
It's the coming.
Book was great, but I don't know what else to say. Never saw the movie xD
BACK LIKE A HEART ATTACK
Quote by McLovin-
I wrote a 9 page essay on that in grade 7..
Are YOU, by any chance, in grade 7?

Nope

I thought the ending was quite abrupt and random. I thought iIt didn't flow very well with the overall storyline I thought and was a quick excuse to end the book =\
ಠ_ಠ WILL GIVE HEAD

Quote by Myxer
Quote by GogglesVK

Vox Valvetronix AD15VT
Quote by hazardmaster
Nope

I thought the ending was quite abrupt and random. I thought iIt didn't flow very well with the overall storyline I thought and was a quick excuse to end the book =\

true, it was a tad bit anti-clamatic. but i've come to the conclusion that when you write an excellent plot, it's very hard, almost impossible to follow with an equally good or better climax and/or ending. people get their expectations/hopes up so high that the ending kinda deflates them. kinda like when i saw fight club.

i think very few authors are capable of writing a great plot, and at the same time a brilliant ending.
Traynor YCV50 Blue
epi les paul w/ SD Alnico II pros
Dunlop Slash Wah
EH Deluxe Memory Boy
Moen Jimi Vibe
Danelectro Cool Cat Fuzz
Zvex Vexter Fuzz Factory
VHT 2x12 w/ V30's
Quote by psychokiller99
true, it was a tad bit anti-clamatic. but i've come to the conclusion that when you write an excellent plot, it's very hard, almost impossible to follow with an equally good or better climax and/or ending. people get their expectations/hopes up so high that the ending kinda deflates them. kinda like when i saw fight club.

i think very few authors are capable of writing a great plot, and at the same time a brilliant ending.

Mhmm, very true. I however felt that the ending just ended completely..how do I put this.. 'off topic'. I think a better ending could have been like..Raplh is killed and the others go crazy and kill themselves off? I dunno but I really dislike the end of the book. I don't think it fits in at all.
ಠ_ಠ WILL GIVE HEAD

Quote by Myxer
Quote by GogglesVK

Vox Valvetronix AD15VT
TS.. don't forget that double spacing is your friend

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Solder fume huffer σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Electronic Audio Experiments
Well it really showed how well we can get along with each other prepubescent didn't it?
McLovin is my hero!

It's not the going that the pit cares about.
It's the coming.
Quote by stradivari310
TS.. don't forget that double spacing is your friend

So is using massive fonts
ಠ_ಠ WILL GIVE HEAD

Quote by Myxer
Quote by GogglesVK

Vox Valvetronix AD15VT
Quote by scorpion618^
here's one thing:

Piggy and Ralph represented society, too.

And depending on who you ask, Simon is kind of Jesus.
<Han> I love Hitler