i have a b-52 at-100, what do i need to do to get a good paramore tone? give me treble, bass, gain, mid, please
I don't know why you'd want a Paramore tone to begin with....
Time Magazine's 2006 Person of the Year
Quote by carlyroxmysox
I don't know why you'd want a Paramore tone to begin with....

your awesome, i loved that call
both of you stop being so ****ing stupid, my favorite bands are avenged sevenfold, judas priest, saosin, and rush and i still can like paramore and recognize that they have a good tone, pull your head out of your a$$
Frankly all you need for their tone is an obnoxious amount of treble. Honestly, IMO that doesn't make for good tone at all.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Solder fume huffer σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Electronic Audio Experiments
Quote by ekord123
both of you stop being so ****ing stupid, my favorite bands are avenged sevenfold, judas priest, saosin, and rush and i still can like paramore and recognize that they have a good tone, pull your head out of your a$$

All they do is string power chord after power chord while having seizures on stage. Sure, their lead singer can sing, no denying. But they're WAAAAAY overrated.
Time Magazine's 2006 Person of the Year
im glad you at least give constructive critisism but i think there a good fresh face with a lot to add, there a little soft for me but i appreciate them a lot. good band, and there guitarist is acctually pretty decent.
Quote by carlyroxmysox
All they do is string power chord after power chord while having seizures on stage. Sure, their lead singer can sing, no denying. But they're WAAAAAY overrated.

hey thats great. wanna answer the kids question tho? you know, instead of trying to persuade us about a bad u personally dont like? k thanks..

to TS , im srry i cant help, but it is very trebly, with a very tight sounding distortion
i cover misery buisness with my band and i keep my treble at 8 bass at 2 mid at 4 countour at 4 and gain at 5 on my randall.

Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Coming soon: Egnater Tweaker

Your gunna want a guitar with single coils first off to get a cutting tone. I know they use LPs too, but for the stuff i've seen/heard (saw them...or more like, stood over by the BMX thing and watched from the back...at warped), and they uses Teles and Jazzmasters, I think they pulled out an LP for a song or two. Then your gunna want to keep the gain at a moderate (not overbearing) amount, keep the treble and mids high, and the bass low. Hell, i've never tried to get their tone, but i could imagine that would get close.
They use mesas dont they?
Quote by tarlkea
When I say offensive I mean offensive like dressing up as superman in a wheel chair offensive, not penis suit offensive.
Quote by RG_FANMAN
Your gunna want a guitar with single coils first off to get a cutting tone. I know they use LPs too, but for the stuff i've seen/heard (saw them...or more like, stood over by the BMX thing and watched from the back...at warped), and they uses Teles and Jazzmasters, I think they pulled out an LP for a song or two. Then your gunna want to keep the gain at a moderate (not overbearing) amount, keep the treble and mids high, and the bass low. Hell, i've never tried to get their tone, but i could imagine that would get close.

that sounds about right.
i saw them once at bake sale
true story.

people down here in Florida are the saddest excuse of people i've ever seen. they mosh to Paramore, and they're actually pretty serious about it. I could understand if everyone had a few beers in them, but they all seemed pretty sober. so two guys were moshing and it turned into a fist fight and one guy had to go to the ER, there were like 5 ambulences and everything. it was really stupid.

but anyway. i remember the guys les paul because i remember thinking, hey! that looks like mine. but they mostly used Tele's and Jazzmasters like this guy said.
Ibanez RG7321
Dean Evo Special 7
Agile AL-2000
ESP LTD VB-300
Peavey Vypyr 30
General of the 7 String/ERG Legion

Quote by Bentheemo
Thats probably some of the best advice I've ever received on here.
They use Mesa Dual Rectifiers (Who could of guessed? :] )
I've also seen them with TSL100s, Orange heads, and once a DSL100.

I think a Tele through a Dual Rectifier would sound like Paramore, ot a TSL100/TSL60

Also, both guitarists play through 4 Orange cabs with white tolex, painted up with 'RIOT!' artwork reflecting the album.

'RIOT!" cabs:
http://www.paramoremania.com/gallery/albums/userpics/10001/01.jpg

Live video with Orange head and Mesa Rectoverb:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MVXfeH-3Hp4

Tone is SO much better than the cd.
Member of UG Gain whores.
PM Gpderek09 to join!
Last edited by chase312 at May 11, 2008,