hey UG,
i play through a fender hot rod deluxe. i get great clean tones that i love, and get most of my dirt from a home made ts808, i use it on top of the drive channel with the gain on low for solos, but i would really like a small head to use strictly for my dirty tones. (already have a nice home built cab) i play mostly blues and blues-infused rock. never going any heavier then guns n roses, and rarely even going that heavy.
so far, all i can think of is an orange tiny terror. im look for something not much more watts than that. are there any other suggestions? anything at all and i will look into it.
by budget, i guess is up to $700 US, but tbh the $550 for the orange is pushing it.
thanks in advance.
Laney VC15?
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
i have never even heard a laney, ill look into it. thanks.

edit/ does that come in a head form?
This would be PERFECT if you could find it used? I dont know if thats possible though... ebay?

http://www.drzamps.com/maz18nr.html
Fender MIM Stratocaster
Ibanez TS-9 Tube Screamer
Fulltone OCD
Dallas-Arbiter Wah Baby
Home-Built Germanium Fuzz Face
MXR Carbon Copy Analog Delay
2 Fender Blues Juniors
I'd go for the Classic 30 head but then again, you don't necessarily need the headroom of a bigger amp. The Tiny Terror would be a great option.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Solder fume huffer σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Electronic Audio Experiments
how much is that Dr Z?
im guessing really expensive. those things are sweet though.
i want to add that it should sound much better than the fenders dirty channel
The Maz 18 NR is 1200. However, i think you MIGHT be able to find a used one. Maybe. If you searched and searched.

Truth be told, I dont think the tiny terror is going to be vintage enough sounding for you. Its actually fairly modern sounding, and has a quite a gainy, gritty, feel.

I'd be on the lookout for any used, low-wattage boutique style amps. Or something along the lines of a Marshall 18 Watt clone.
Fender MIM Stratocaster
Ibanez TS-9 Tube Screamer
Fulltone OCD
Dallas-Arbiter Wah Baby
Home-Built Germanium Fuzz Face
MXR Carbon Copy Analog Delay
2 Fender Blues Juniors
Quote by SRVStrat808
The Maz 18 NR is 1200. However, i think you MIGHT be able to find a used one. Maybe. If you searched and searched.

Truth be told, I dont think the tiny terror is going to be vintage enough sounding for you. Its actually fairly modern sounding, and has a quite a gainy, gritty, feel.

I'd be on the lookout for any used, low-wattage boutique style amps. Or something along the lines of a Marshall 18 Watt clone.

thanks for the honesty.
i cant really try out an orange either, no one really sells them around me.