Page 1 of 4
Well, not really.

Here's how it is: He's been hooking up with this girl who is 16. Fine, right? Except that he's 20. I doubt most people would care, but at that age, it IS considered statutory rape in most states in the US.

And I know her best friend too. She says this girls parents are the type who would put his ass away for that. I seen with my own eyes how paranoid her parents are. A few of us were on a street corner and her parents passed by and called her over just to ask who we were (me and my friend). She lied and said we were 18, but we are both 20.

He thinks he can fool them or get around it by lying about his age. I already told him to cut it loose before something bad happens. I mean, she already had her phone taken away for running up the bill texting him. It's only a matter of time. And it's getting more serious everyday.

But, he doesn't believe his own age. He tells everyone that he feels 17. That doesn't count for much, especially when he uses his real age as a reason for doing whatever the f*ck he wants (staying out late, etc.).

So, UG... what can I do to keep my friend out of jail? It's not like he doesn't know what he's up against...

Or how can I distance myself from this Class-A cluster f*ck without hurting my friends feelings?

EDIT: Don't get the wrong idea here, if it wasn't for the law, I would be happy that he found someone he likes being with. I don't want to drive two people apart who really like each other, I just don't want my best friend to go to jail.
Quote by Article
She pulled off his left testicle and tried to swallow it, before spitting it out. A friend handed it back to Mr Jones saying "That's yours"

Wii Is For Queers! Co-Founder Of The "We Hate Wii" Club
Return to a Condition of Being...<-Band. Add plz!
Last edited by PaperStSoapCo at Apr 25, 2008,
What gives you the right to interfere in other people's lives? Are you in the relationship? Didn't think so. Then what the hell has it got to do with you?
Kick him the balls.

Then tell him to keep the **** away.

LARGE TEXT
Quote by smb
What gives you the right to interfere in other people's lives? Are you in the relationship? Didn't think so. Then what the hell has it got to do with you?

Psst... I have a secret for you... it's called

statutory rape

I DON'T care if they date. I DO care if my friend goes to jail.
Quote by Article
She pulled off his left testicle and tried to swallow it, before spitting it out. A friend handed it back to Mr Jones saying "That's yours"

Tell him...

If he truly cared for your feelings, he'd stop it before something bad happened and make you feel like **** for not stopping him and it's selfish of him to do all of that, go to jail and leave you behind.

EDIT: If he doesn't listen, just pretend to give up and walk away, give it 3 days and he should feel bad and apologise.

Then bone the chick he's with.
Last edited by XianXiuHong at Apr 25, 2008,
2: Here in jolly old England the age of consent is 16, so I don't care.
I will not ever consider going out with a girl that is even one year younger than me.

What do I know anyways, I'm conservative, I don't believe in sex

..I'm not a virgin btw.
''Technological advancements are like an axe in the hands of a pathological criminal.'' - Albert Einstein
Quote by PaperStSoapCo
Psst... I have a secret for you... it's called

statutory rape

I DON'T care if they date. I DO care if my friend goes to jail.

I have a secret for you - you're not the police, everybody breaks the law, and your friend doesn't care what you think.

Maybe you should get out there and find a girlfriend of your own.
tell him he's a class-A clusterfvck
Quote by snipelfritz
I, for one, am far more interested in trying to suck my own dick.

Quote by rilakam
I can do it. I'm pretty flexible. I've done it once, it was pretty weird. When I came my stomach muscles felt like exploding so yeah... never doing that again.

make fun of him, threaten him, tell the girlfriend your concerns
Sweeping is for n00bs. I've moved on to vacuuming. Eventually I'll even try steam cleaning.

Bitches don't know
He knows EXACTLY what he's doing and he knows EXACTLY how and why he will get in trouble for it.

And it's not just me looking out for him. His sister is concerned as well. Not to mention the girl best friend doesn't want anything bad to happen either.
Quote by Article

dude, who cares? why you trippin over something so dumb? your friend sounds like a douche bag, theres lots of em in the world. and dont think your some type of hero for trying to help so poor innocent 16 year old girl, i know chicks that are 13 thatll suck your dick for a pack of ciggs. . .
Electro Metal???

myspace.com/lividarchaic
pics
███████
███████████
██████████████
███████████████
█████████████
███████████████
███████████
███████

Quote by smb
I have a secret for you - you're not the police, everybody breaks the law, and your friend doesn't care what you think.

Maybe you should get out there and find a girlfriend of your own.

Maybe you should stop being an as* wipe. You are the wrong one here. The TS is right.
Be cool.
Quote by Retro Rocker
2: Here in jolly old England the age of consent is 16, so I don't care.

1.Preid, that mother f*ck, stole MY avatar. Read the comments on my profile if you don't believe me.

2. Ahh, to be in jolly old England. Your lucky. And I'm not being sarcastic.
Quote by Article

I'm going to be the usual obnoxious British guy here and point out that in the vast majority of countries, 16 is legal and America should just grow the **** up.

That said, 16/20 is a bit too much of a gap. I'm not bothered if it's 16/20, 14/18, 18/22, or even 24/20, a four-year gap is quite significant until you start hitting the mid-20's and even then it's a bit on the odd side. As much as I don't give a crap about 16 year olds having sex (hell, most people here are doing it by 14), 20 year olds dating someone four years off is just a bit... weird. I would certinaly find it uncofmrotable, just on the basis that I can't imagine many 16 year olds and many 20 year olds actually have that much in common - it's not like you could all go clubbing or anything. Tell your friend to try actually dating someone his own age, if nothing else then just for the simple fact that at least y'all could do more.
Other then kicking his nads...

...tell him seriously to stay away, and I don't mean like, "Don't do it you're are gonna get in trouble." Tell him every possible consequence, tell him he needs to grow up, and if he is your friend and has any sense, he will listen to you. You obviously care for your friend, so think of something to say.
LARGE TEXT
Quote by thedude051
Maybe you should stop being an as* wipe. You are the wrong one here. The TS is right.

I don't consider it the role of my friends to police me. Maybe you need to be told what to do. I don't know how people find the faith in their own moral compass to enforce it upon other people.
Bitches, the age of consent is 14 here. In Ontario, at least.

Too young? Probably.
Good for people? Some...
I'm fine with it... me being 15.
Plays:
Schecter Hellraiser Solo-6 FR Limited
Parker Mojo Fly
Ibanez SZR 720
Tanglewood Evolution
LaPatrie Etude DEMO
'66 Hagstrom Viking I (customized)
SGR C-7 (defretted)
Agile Intrepid 828

Amp, Pedals:
Laney LV300
BOSS RC-20XL
Quote by smb
I don't consider it the role of my friends to police me. Maybe you need to be told what to do. I don't know how people find the faith in their own moral compass to enforce it upon other people.

I really think you are having difficulty understanding the legal issue here. I am happy my friend found someone he likes. I really am. But I am willing to disrupt that happiness to keep him out of jail. If it wasn't for the law, I wouldn't have any concerns.
Quote by Article

Quote by smb

There is a difference between policing and helping. Face it, you're wrong. Plus, you sound soft. " find the faith in their own moral compass to enforce it upon other people.". What kind of loser says something like that?
Be cool.
Quote by PaperStSoapCo
I really think you are having difficulty understanding the legal issue here. I am happy my friend found someone he likes. I really am. But I am willing to disrupt that happiness to keep him out of jail. If it wasn't for the law, I wouldn't have any concerns.

But he's aware of the law and is capable of thinking for himself. If he was going to take that decision he wouldn't need your prompting. The only difference you talking to him will make is to strain your own friendship.
Quote by zombie_monster
Tell him what you told us

^this
^seems
^logical
Quote by carcass255
long hair is cool mate

haircuts are for people in concentration camp
Quote by smb
But he's aware of the law and is capable of thinking for himself. If he was going to take that decision he wouldn't need your prompting. The only difference you talking to him will make is to strain your own friendship.

So he should just sit back and watch his friend throw his life away? You're right, that is what friends are for.
I'm 17 and I've been dating a 13 year old (8th grade) for over a month now. Both our parents know, and all is well.

What are your opinions on that?
What do we tell our children? Look before you leap. Stop and think. Don't judge a book by its cover. We believe that we are always better off gathering as much information as possible and spending as much time as possible in deliberation.
Quote by Pharoah
I'm 17 and I've been dating a 13 year old (8th grade) for over a month now. Both our parents know, and all is well.

You goin ta jail bub!
Quote by Pharoah

You fucking hillbillly.
███████
███████████
██████████████
███████████████
█████████████
███████████████
███████████
███████

Quote by smb

Sigmund Freud said: If it's not insanity, it's not love.

Or something along the lines of that.

I'm pretty sure if you saw your friend risking his future you would try help him instead of going: Oh, you know what'll happen, bye.

I'd say that to a complete stranger, because I know most people are douche-bags (IE: you) but I wouldn't leave a friend who I'd built a relationship with.

Have some advice.

GTFO
Quote by smb

He thinks he can get away with it. I'd rather him not take the risk. And I think most people would understand that women can cloud a mans judgment. Trust me, I've seen enough of that in my time.
Quote by Article

The only thing you should tell him is to be careful not to get caught. I see nothing wrong with their relationship, im 17 and my best friend is 20, but since he isnt mature, he acts like exactly a 17 year old. Now if he was a mature 20 year old just taking advantage of younger girls, i would see a problem, but that doesnt seem to be the case. And also depending on what state your in, once she turns 17 it might be legal.
Quit my job blowin leaves
Telephone bills up my sleeves

And they were singin like this!
Quote by Pharoah

What country are you from? If the US, then it's fine until you turn 18, legally. But, if both of your parents are cool with it, then you have nothing to worry about.

In my case, this girls parents WILL NOT be cool with it. They are the over protective type. This spells bad news for my friend.
Quote by Article

Page 1 of 4