My line 6 was purchased back in january of 08. Its been a great amp. However i seem to be having a technical glitch with it. Sometimes when switiching settings, the delay seems to pick up sound from the guitar and makes continuous delay noises that do not go away. Its a continuous echo of garble and it makes it unplayable. I've tried resetting it to no avail. It goes away for a while but returns. Can anyone help me with this problem?
hola! estas invitado a una fiesta en mis pantalones!
Quote by Say Ocean
Yeah. The remedy for that is to burn it and buy an amp that dont sound like a squealing cat

Fixed
There's No School like Old School.

So yeah, i'm getting active again on this fucking website.

FACEBOOK
Hmmm, don't know how well we can all help you bud. Line 6's are more technical amps than others, and most of the times shops can only help so much. I'd take it into a shop that sells Line 6 gear and see what they say. Otherwise, I'd def. look at saving for a different amp, Spider's have never been too reliable.
Quote by ibanezonfire16
My line 6.. Its been a great amp... technical glitch... Its a continuous echo of garble and it makes it unplayable.

Great amp you say?
opinions guys, if he like it then enjoy.

But line 6 Spider 2/3 are very buggy. And since it seriously a 'computer' style problem we cant do anithing.
There's No School like Old School.

So yeah, i'm getting active again on this fucking website.

FACEBOOK
Quote by SayAnything
Hmmm, don't know how well we can all help you bud. Line 6's are more technical amps than others, and most of the times shops can only help so much. I'd take it into a shop that sells Line 6 gear and see what they say. Otherwise, I'd def. look at saving for a different amp, Spider's have never been too reliable.

+1

These amps run with a computer and program, it could be something only a line 6 shop could fix, it doesnt sound like a user fix and I'm fairly good with fixes like this.
Just completely turn off the delay. I hope it's a 15 watt one, btw. I assume you are using the clean channel, because the default for that has delay on it. Tweak it till you get a decent tone, and the hold the channel button down for like, 15 seconds, until the light blinks, and it will change the default to what you have set.

I hope that made sense.
No its a 150 watt i think i might just turn off the delay and use a pedal i have or something. I have a vox valetronix 100 watt that i use for most gigs anyways. Thanks guys! Any other responses?
hola! estas invitado a una fiesta en mis pantalones!
Quote by ibanezonfire16
My line 6 was purchased back in january of 08.

Well there's your problem.

But yea, I think you gotta send it to Line 6 to fix something like that.
Quote by ibanezonfire16
No its a 150 watt i think i might just turn off the delay and use a pedal i have or something. I have a vox valetronix 100 watt that i use for most gigs anyways. Thanks guys! Any other responses?

Please, by all means, sell it. Please. It's a practice amp with ten times the need wattage.

The Valvetronix is TEN times better than the spider.

Sell the spider and get a 30 watt tube amp that will be louder and sound better than the spider.
Quote by ibanezonfire16
My line 6 was purchased back in january of 08. Its been a great amp. However i seem to be having a technical glitch with it. Sometimes when switiching settings, the delay seems to pick up sound from the guitar and makes continuous delay noises that do not go away. Its a continuous echo of garble and it makes it unplayable. I've tried resetting it to no avail. It goes away for a while but returns. Can anyone help me with this problem?

Digitial amps are pretty much shot if anything goes wrong. Do you try to fix a dvd player when it goes out? Nope you take it back or you get yourself a new amp..
Quote by ibanezonfire16

eh, return it. your still under warranty. my spider does some freaky things too, like sometimes when i first crank it up, it will automatically switch to another amp model. its weird. my theory is, make it last as long as possible while i'm still improving and deciding what genre i really want to focus on. then, when i have money and time, or the amp dies, get a tube amp for what i want to play. no sense in me getting a tube amp now when i don't have any idea what genre i want to play in.

but yea, make use of mr. warranty and get a new one. thats your best bet.
Quote by Johansensan
sir, i would like to inform you that you are now my favorite UGer. Not only did you use the word y'all, which is native to my homeland, but you correctly punctuated it using the apostrophe.

Christian Guitarists
A Weekly Devotional
Quote by ibanezonfire16

lol yea, thats the same model i have did you kno, if you turn it on and off three times really fast it makes a really awesome noise the third time you cut it off? its pretty sweet. healthy? meh, probly not. but freaking sweet none the less

i love my amp

i hate computers

its a love/hate thing
Quote by Johansensan
sir, i would like to inform you that you are now my favorite UGer. Not only did you use the word y'all, which is native to my homeland, but you correctly punctuated it using the apostrophe.

Christian Guitarists
A Weekly Devotional