Hey guys, I recently installed an NVidia 8600 GTS, and it works great, and I got a lot of great performance out of some games I could never run at all before, but with some games I run into weirdness. In several games, a big untextured gray mass replaces certain objects at random (this never happened before), and in Medieval 2, whenever static objects perform animations (such as a gate opening or a wall crumbling) they disappear and then reappear after the animation is done. Often times, when something really taxing is going on, like a huge battle in an RTS or lots on onscreen action in an FPS like CS Source, a bunch of random yellow lines and blobs pop up all around.

Is there any way I could fix this or is it something I'll just have to deal with?
I set up drivers when I installed it and they all updated themselves. I might just do it again just to look for improvements.
Yes try ythe drivers and make sure its not overheating andnhave lots of ventalation around it. I have a 80mm fan in a PCI slot just below mine to keep it cool.
ESP Eclipse-II VTB (With 18v Mod)
Randall RG75
Tapco Mix60
New Zealand
Could be overheating, bad drivers, something with your settings, also. Check your AA & AF settings.
"In peaceful sedation I lay half awake, and all of the panic inside starts to fade. Hopelessly drifting, bathing in
Yellow lines and blobs? Sounds like artifacts. I don't really have any idea what they are or how to proceed to fix it, but google is your friend...
I'm a communist. Really.
Yes power and heating and possibly drivers. Thats all I think!
ESP Eclipse-II VTB (With 18v Mod)
Randall RG75
Tapco Mix60
New Zealand