had a great deal on an Avatar 2x12 loaded with Greenbacks for 200 bucks locally, turns out he switched out the GB's with V30's, not sure how interested i am anymore.

just how bad are they? how do they suit a blues/blues rock tone? cleans, mainly.
Ibanez AFS75/Fender Strat Plus > Fulltone Deja' Vibe > Keeley TS808 MOD+ > Fulltone OCD > VanAmps SoleMate > Metro JTM45
i dont have them because i like my mesa's speaker. but they are supposidly the holy grail of speakers. lots of upper mids and it tends to tighten the bass. and theyll do great for bluesy stuff. sounds like you caught a good deal.
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals
They're not bad imo, but its all opinion. Some say they have a harsh high end, but in my experience that goes away with age. I have them for my AD30HTC, and i really like the rock/trash tone i get. I do much prefer my Alinco Blues for blues, but these are very expensive speakers.
IF you mean vintage 30's from celestion then yes get them. For 200 bucks that's pretty good plus an amp cuz those speakers are 110 bucks each. I like them but once again it's all personal preference.
i should probably clarify, i'm not trying to say theyre horrible speakers, theyre good for different genres, i'm just not sure on how they would fit my sound.
Ibanez AFS75/Fender Strat Plus > Fulltone Deja' Vibe > Keeley TS808 MOD+ > Fulltone OCD > VanAmps SoleMate > Metro JTM45
They're probably not for you. They're not for me, either. But for $200, you could buy the cab, remove the speakers, sell them, and replace them with speakers you prefer. V30's are popular enough, and expensive enough, that you should probably get a decent return on them.
You Don't Need a halfstack.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
They aren't bad at all. However, it depends on the style you play and the amp. They have a lot of mids in them, and it might be too much with a Marshall voiced amp. They sound great with say a Recto voiced amp with lower mids. They have a tight bass and an upper mid spike, and can sound harsh until you break them in a bit. Since it looks like you're gonna have a JTM you should look for greenbacks.
Quote by slatsmania
They're probably not for you. They're not for me, either. But for $200, you could buy the cab, remove the speakers, sell them, and replace them with speakers you prefer. V30's are popular enough, and expensive enough, that you should probably get a decent return on them.

Sounds like a plan.
A dwarf might hear you. What then?

My Music