I managed to find Touched by the Crimson King for $7.00 today. It's a great album. but I'd expect that with Hansi Kursch and John Schaffer. Good stuff.

Link: http://www.myspace.com/demonswizards
Quote by Mike Birbiglia
I went to the doctor, and they found something in my bladder. And whenever they find something, it's never anything good like, "We found something in your bladder AND IT'S SEASON TICKETS TO THE YANKEES!!

Do you folks like folk?
Last edited by BringMeTheCalm at Apr 25, 2008,
It's pretty good.
Quote by Mike Birbiglia
I went to the doctor, and they found something in my bladder. And whenever they find something, it's never anything good like, "We found something in your bladder AND IT'S SEASON TICKETS TO THE YANKEES!!

Do you folks like folk?
I thought D&W was awesome... Fiddler On The Green is one of my favorite songs ever... asn't touched by Crimson King though...
I love everything from these guys. Their debut sounded more like Iced Earth just with Hansi singing, but Touched by a Crimson King they really came into their own sound. Probably two of my favorite albums.
^Now that I think of it, It does kinda sound like Iced Earth...
If you see me in the pit, know that I'm only there because the metal forum is moving slowly.
Quote by Sn^ke

i think nebarskan is a cool guy, eh wears a nile and doesnt afraid of anything

Quote by stanleybach
Aren't you proud to wear that Nile? You don't afraid of anything man!
The only song I've heard is "Terror Train". I quite like it. Are many of their songs like it?
I've been listening to them for ages, I love them.

I was gonna make a thread for them a while ago, but I didn't think they'd get much of a response.

I think I prefer the first album a bit more.
Metal Forum Popular Vote Winner!!!

Quote by webbtje
Quote by dead-fish
And you're obviously here because you fancy Phill.
Phill is a very attractive guy...

"I'm so tempted to sig that, Phill" - Sig it then

Unless otherwise stated, assume everything I say is in my opinion.
The fist album is full of much overlooked pwnage...

In addition to Fiddler, My Last Sunrise, The Whistler, Path of Glory and Winter of Souls are all outstanding tracks...

the verse of Blood On My Hands is the only weak part of the record, IMO.
Great band, I hope they release new material soon.
Quote by severed-metal

You're losing interest because you're simply not gay enough. Which leads me to believe you aren't cut out for metal.
Great band. Hansi is god.

Prefer first D&W album, but this is still good.
Proud Owner of:

Jackson RR3
Jackson WRMG

Quote by madbasslover
What's the big deal with Gibsons, anyway?
I've heard loads of Gibsons being played before
and they don't sound any more special than
any other guitar.

^UG's King Of Fail.
Quote by Rhyan_EG
Great band, I hope they release new material soon.

Their next release will be a live album.

Quote by webbtje
Quote by dead-fish

I hope it's a DVD.
Quote by Mike Birbiglia

Do you folks like folk?
Nope, they just said album, and they said it last year at some point.

They could always change their minds, and they might even play a new song and some more covers for the live album.

Quote by webbtje
Quote by dead-fish

I just got the self titled album.

I'm liking it a bit more than Touched By the Crimson King.
Quote by Mike Birbiglia

Do you folks like folk?
Haha, yeah that really is so sad... I hope he just heard Crimson King and assumed that the choir vocals at the beginning were the standard vocal type, or he was being sarcastic... Hansi is the man.
Quote by Mike Birbiglia

Do you folks like folk?
Last edited by BringMeTheCalm at Nov 15, 2008,
I love touched by the crimson king but haven't heard their self titled yet, I need to get hold of it.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
^same here

and even if he was being sarcastic...
no
you don't even joke about Hansi...

at the Opeth show i actually talked to some cool people about how apparently we have the same dream about a BG/IE/D&W tour
Quote by dminishedthingy
^same here

no

at the Opeth show i actually talked to some cool people about how apparently we have the same dream about a BG/IE/D&W tour

Didn't we joke about Hansi enslaving the people of Hessia..?

And yeah a BG/D&W/IE tour would work only if it went in the order of

(from opener to headliner)
Iced Earth
Demons and Wizards
BLIND GUARDIAN
Quote by Mike Birbiglia

Do you folks like folk?
Quote by dminishedthingy
no

Somehow we have to engineer that tour!
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Quote by BringMeTheCalm
Didn't we joke about Hansi enslaving the people of Hessia..?

And yeah a BG/D&W/IE tour would work only if it went in the order of

(from opener to headliner)
Iced Earth
Demons and Wizards
BLIND GUARDIAN

no, it was the Hansi clones who had to fight Mike for control of Hessia

but in the end Hansi's true Hessian spirit showed through when he couldn't bring himself to shave Mikes beard

its buried in the BG thread somewhere
Last edited by dminishedthingy at Nov 15, 2008,
So I take it that most D&W fans here lean more towards the BG part of their line-up?

Great band, had their first album for a while but only a month ago started listening to them.
Quote by BLOBERT
BRO
^So true.

And nice, everyone should read our literature to be well versed.
Quote by Mike Birbiglia

Do you folks like folk?
Damn, I actually posted on that page. And I remember that joke, too.
Quote by BLOBERT
BRO
In recent interviews with Jon Schaffer, it has been noted that sometime in 2008 (when touring for Iced Earth and Blind Guardian's new albums are finished) he would like to do an official US tour and record a live album. This has led many to believe a new Demons and Wizards album will not be seen until at least 2009.

From Wiki, unsourced, so take it with a huge pinch of salt.
I hope it's not a live album, as I find that live albums are uttely pointless. DVD OR BUST!
Quote by Mike Birbiglia

Do you folks like folk?
From what I heard quite a while ago, they plan on doing a live album.

Quote by webbtje
Quote by dead-fish

Quote by dminishedthingy
well its hard to compare the two things, but Hansi is a better singer than Schaffer is a guitarist, if that makes sense haha

found that story btw https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=402031&page=42&pp=30

Wish I could've participated in that

Reminds me of some of the things that went on in the Opeth thread(s).

^Should take a while to come out, aren't Iced Earth still touring? BG have their handsfull making two albums so I wouldn't expect a Demons and Wizards album of any kind until late 2009.
Brace for impact

Hansi and I have planned late in 2009 to get together to do DEMONS (& WIZARDS) stuff so that’s going to be cool. We saw each other in Cologne (earlier this year) and made plans and I think it’s realistic to say that there will be a third DEMONS & WIZARDS album probably mid- to late 2010.