Hey there everyone. I'm looking to buy a new acoustic guitar and i'm particularly interested in buying the Epiphone DR-200S or the DR-100. My concern is that i've heard some bad comments about Epiphone's electric guitars about inferior build quality and i'm wondering if this holds true with the acoustics as well. Is there something out there by Epiphone that might be better than the guitars I am considering? Something in the 200-400 price range might be good, but i'd also like to know if the guitars I mentioned are any good. Any help is appreciated.
I would go with a Hummingbird or a Dove from Epi. I own a Hummingbird, and it sounds amaaazing. Sadly, the gig bag i bought did not protect it from a large scratch and a headstock snap. But thonse were my fault. The only difference between the two is that the Dove is all Maple, and the Hummingbird is pruce and Mahogany. I also suggest you check out the Fender Malibu Sonoran SCE acoustics. Its close in price, has a cutaway, a Strat neck, and sounds great i think. Altho the cosmetics dont come close to the Hummingbirds, check it out.
I agree with Gotsa

My friend has a Hummingbird and it sounds absolutely amazing...

I haven't personally tried the Dove, but I've heard it sounds good as well.

I don't recommend the two you have up there -_-
I'm not too crazy about Epiphone acoustics other than their Masterbilt series, which is fantastic. If you can stretch your maximum budget by $50 bucks, the DR-500M is definitely a guitar to take a look at.
The Dove/Hummingbird are really not worth the $300. You're better off with a Yamaha/A&L/Takamine at that price. Although, I have nothing but good things to say about their Masterbilt series.
Okay...hope I'm not too late on this. I have an EJ-200 Jumbo in Maple and I love it. BUT is took three tries and an adjustment from the tech at Guitar Center. The first one had a top that was bubbling up and the second had some scratches on the back. The one with the scratches was the one that was on display so I can't say I really owned that one. One was shipped to me by Guitar Center and that was the one that needed some fret filing and some truss rod adjustment. However...I love it. I got it for about 300 and the sound is big and loud as a jumbo should be. The action is great and with some elixir lights it is a sweet guitar. Everyone is right about the Masterbilt series. Nice stuff.
Quote by Siren Silently
The Dove/Hummingbird are really not worth the $300. You're better off with a Yamaha/A&L/Takamine at that price. Although, I have nothing but good things to say about their Masterbilt series.

Quote by Cheers
I'm not too crazy about Epiphone acoustics other than their Masterbilt series, which is fantastic. If you can stretch your maximum budget by $50 bucks, the DR-500M is definitely a guitar to take a look at.

Agreed with both.
Equipment:
- Art & Lutherie Cedar CW (SOLD! )
- Martin D-16RGT w/ LR Baggs M1 Active Soundhole Pickup
- Seagull 25th Anniversary Flame Maple w/ LR Baggs Micro EQ

Have an acoustic guitar? Don't let your guitar dry out! Click here.
AJ-500M Epiphone Masterbuilt.

I got it for 400 at a guitar center sale. Im glad my dad begged me to try the masterbuilt instead of the hummingbird I was about to get.
how are the hummingbirds on playability?
Quote by Bloodavian
Its not about the Radio its about talent, the front man has a bigger vocal range than Micheal Jackson and he can sing from heavey metal to high pitched ...No.12 on the top 20 under rated guitarists of ALL TIME...etc

1-Bloodavian 0-Forkman.

^Fail^
I have the DR-100 and the Hummingbird. Both are excellent guitars. The finish on the Hummingbird is nicer and more accurate. My DR-100 has a dull low e string when played on the third fret. My Hummingbird, in comparison, doesn't have this problem and sounds a lot cleaner. However, the DR-100 is a little bit louder (which doesn't mean it sounds better). Also, the Hummingbird is a lot easier to play.
i heard fender acoustics are sh!t, so id stay away from those, seems like epiphones are fine.
Quote by Bloodavian
Its not about the Radio its about talent, the front man has a bigger vocal range than Micheal Jackson and he can sing from heavey metal to high pitched ...No.12 on the top 20 under rated guitarists of ALL TIME...etc

1-Bloodavian 0-Forkman.

^Fail^
Quote by David_Bowie=GOD
i heard fender acoustics are sh!t, so id stay away from those, seems like epiphones are fine.

Nah. not quite. Fenders aren't good, but they're not bad either. they're just "okay". Which isn't what you usually look for.
Equipment:
- Art & Lutherie Cedar CW (SOLD! )
- Martin D-16RGT w/ LR Baggs M1 Active Soundhole Pickup
- Seagull 25th Anniversary Flame Maple w/ LR Baggs Micro EQ

Have an acoustic guitar? Don't let your guitar dry out! Click here.
Quote by Cheers

+1

I want the DR-500M myself.
Did you know the odds of a Vault-Tec shelter failing are 1,763,497 to 1?

So imagine life in a Vault-Tec Vault. Not just a future.
A brighter future... underground.

Patrolling the Mojave almost makes you wish for a nuclear winter.
if your gonna get an epi acoustic i would save up a bit more for a masterbilt series...those are some sweet guitars man
Pot
Kettle
Black