ok. i am getting very tired of my ****ty amp, so it is time for an upgrade. the problem is, i have no idea what i should get.

i would like to get a tube amp with the ability to have lush clean tones as well as heavy distortion. something not extremely large, probably like a half stack or a combo amp. I play everything from blues to classic rock to metal. price isnt an issue here as i have been saving up for a while.

i just really need something that will shock me. i am going to take the suggestions i get here and try them out before making a decision.

thank you for helping. I wouldn't normally ask for help but with amps i am completely lost.
↓↑ MISDIRECT ↑↓

The (Rather Basic) Rig:
- 1982 Marshall JCM 800 2204 (Feels good, man)
- 1960 Marshall AV Cab (Vintage 30s, Feels good, man)
- A shitty MIM strat
- Fulltone OCD (Jizztastic)
- Dunlop Classic Crybaby
Last edited by Hirschberger at Apr 25, 2008,
Well, what kind of genres do you play? What's your budget, because price can and will be an issue and location would be nice because some amps are cheaper/more easily available in other countries.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Well, what kind of genres do you play? What's your budget, because price can and will be an issue and location would be nice because some amps are cheaper/more easily available in other countries.

I play everything from classic rock to blues to metal.

as i said in my first post, price isnt an issue.

I live in Los Angeles, California, and there are a ton of guitar shops out here.
↓↑ MISDIRECT ↑↓

The (Rather Basic) Rig:
- 1982 Marshall JCM 800 2204 (Feels good, man)
- 1960 Marshall AV Cab (Vintage 30s, Feels good, man)
- A shitty MIM strat
- Fulltone OCD (Jizztastic)
- Dunlop Classic Crybaby
Id go with a Mesa. Or pretty much any boutique combo, like an Egnater or something similar.
Well, if price isn't an option. I say get something like a Mesa/Boogie Road King. Great amps, very versatile.

One of those Egnater module amps would be quite versatile as well.
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
mesa boogie triple rectifier or a marshall jcm or jvm will probably be your best bet. also check out the krank lines. the peavey 6505+ is an amazing amp as know. let me know what ya get man
Quote by supe18
mesa boogie triple rectifier or a marshall jcm or jvm will probably be your best bet. also check out the krank lines. the peavey 6505+ is an amazing amp as know. let me know what ya get man

Why get a Triple when you can get a Dual Rectifier? Not very many of the Superlead amps are versatile. They sound great and all, but many of them are single channel. Kranks and 6505 amps are kind of one trick ponies too.
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
Tell us your price range.
But peavey VK can do from blues to metal I guess.
1. You're surfing the internet.
2. You're browsing through the UG forums.
3. You're reading now.
5. You didn't notice that there was no #4.
6. You just checked it.
7. Now you're having a lil smile.

Quote by hawk_kst
You Sir, have the best signature like ever!
if you have no price range then look into the bogner XTC or a framus if you want a mesa go for a mark IV or IIC+
Member No. 002# of the Australia FTW! Club, PM the_random_hero or Alter-Bridge to join".
DEAN 79MLF > Fulltone OCD > Keeley TS9DX Flexi > Marshall Sliver Jubilee > Orange PPC 4x12

Quote by Kozlic
Tell us your price range.
But peavey VK can do from blues to metal I guess.

Not very well. Of course compared to the price it's pretty good, but since the TS says money isn't an issue, something like a Mesa Mark IV is a lot better.
Quote by Lunchbox362
This thread if fail in almost every way imaniganable.
Mesa Road King
Splawn Quick Rod
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Kranks and 6505 amps are kind of one trick ponies too.

well, the krankenstein may be a one trick pony but i would hardly say the revolution ive TRIED is a one trick pony... the cleans were dam good for a metal amp.

and my recommendation is...a krank revolution or mesa roadking.

"The mind is its own place, and in itself

Can make a Heav'n of Hell, a Hell of Heav'n"

- John Milton, Paradise Lost
Traynor YCV 50. Peavy Classic 50, or a peavy 5150.
80's Fender Jazzmaster
1976 Gibson L6s
Epiphone sheraton
Late 60's Univox High Flyer Custom Deluxe
Vintage fendr twin
Fuzz Face
Zakk Wylde Wah
Quote by hendrix4934
Traynor YCV 50. Peavy Classic 50, or a peavy 5150.

+1 for the Classic 50

And how about an Orange? Maybe a Rockerverb 50 or one of the AD series.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Solder fume huffer σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Electronic Audio Experiments
Quote by steven seagull
Mesa Road King
Splawn Quick Rod

+1

engl is great
vht
you could try the randall mts series,
the ones with the modules,