I connected the ethernet cable from the laptop to the 360. The IP address keeps on failing, and it says something about the dhcp server. The IP address was working fine before I messed up the tcp/ip on my laptop.
I connected the ethernet cable from the laptop to the 360. The IP address keeps on failing, and it says something about the dhcp server. The IP address was working fine before I messed up the tcp/ip on my laptop.

you connected a cable from the laptop to the 360? theres no way you can get a connetion like that

you need to have a set up like this
modem>>>>router>>>>xbox 360 or computer
my guitar stuff:
ESP JH-600
ValveKing 112
DigiTech Whammy Pedal
Taylor 314CE
Dunlop SW-95 Slash Wah Pedal
Cordoba C7 Nylon String Acoustic Guitar
Metal muff
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster Ash
Quote by stefan1988
you connected a cable from the laptop to the 360? theres no way you can get a connetion like that

This good sir is most correct.
Quote by 20cdndollars
You are god, floppypick

Floppydick

If that's how you read my name, leave a message saying so on my profile
Quote by stefan1988

um thats what i do its router-wifi-laptop/desktop-360 and i get a pretty nice connection.
fix your internet on your computer without your xbox plugged in, then connect the cable thru the upper ehternet porton the 360 (i think there is two) and make sure your cable inot messed up, or go spend 50 bucks on a wireless router and solve all worries
I used to use xbox live by plugging my xbox into my computer. Internet Connection Sharing it was called.
It worked, but I had so many troubles with it.
In then end i bought a router.
2005 Ibanez RG1570
1998 Ibanez RG7620
1998 Mesa 2 Ch. Dual Rec
I used to use xbox live by plugging my xbox into my computer. Internet Connection Sharing it was called.
It worked, but I had so many troubles with it.
In then end i bought a router.

yeah you can do that. but i think the problem is the same ip being used on both the computer and xbox 360 and having conflicts with each other

getting the router is the easiest fix the other way you have to know what you doing to set it up and sometimes is not as easy to set up because the xbox 360 doesnt have as many options as a computer to change all the configurations
my guitar stuff:
ESP JH-600
ValveKing 112
DigiTech Whammy Pedal
Taylor 314CE
Metal muff
Quote by flamefox14
i want 2 connect the 360 2 my computer but it is too far away from it

wireless thing for your xbox, I have one and it works well.
Quote by 20cdndollars
You are god, floppypick

Floppydick

Quote by flamefox14
wut about connecting it through a phone jack?

The cable doesn't go into a phone jacl, you have to use a router/modem (high speed connection)
Quote by 20cdndollars
You are god, floppypick

Floppydick

wut about connecting it through a phone jack?

dude just ask one of your friends to help you out. you sound like you dont have too much experience with it you cant connect a phone jack to an ethernet connection
my guitar stuff:
ESP JH-600
ValveKing 112
DigiTech Whammy Pedal
Taylor 314CE
Metal muff
wut's an alternative method: my laptop is the closest 2 360, but ppl say it doesn't work like that & my pc is far away. should i get a long ethernet cable or a wireless adapter?