I pretty much just started this to discuss the guitar of Dillinger Escape Plan and nothing else. I think that their progressions are really original and l love the sound they produce.
I just want to discuss the guitar though and i want to hear what other people have to say about it. I dont want to know about the drums and vocals and stuff like that cause i pretty already know a lot about it so yeah.
I know, but starting a new thread on it is kinda much. It would be great if there was a thread specifically dedicated to certain instruments, but theres one for guitar, then there might be one for drums, vocals, bass, etc. before you know it, we have like 4-5 threads for each band. I'm just saying, this thread might get locked because of that. But if it doesn't, more power to you.

Hell, Ben is devilishly clever when it comes to using the diminished scale to solo over the jazzy parts.
And you can't spell funeral
without fun
hope you had a good time
cuz now your life is done
I like Protest the Hero's guitarists more...oops, guess that was off topic. I guess that's what happens when you limit the topic so much
Sweeping is for n00bs. I've moved on to vacuuming. Eventually I'll even try steam cleaning.

Bitches don't know
....no that's not what happens actually. But anyways i tried learning 43% a while ago and i only got about 25 seconds in and stopped ha
Hell yeah he is bro!!! The song that i think has the best guitar is setting fire to sleeping giants because i like the weird high pitched progression after the singer screams tonight. I know it sounds kinda goofy but no one really cares.
eh....it's alright ha. Their drums are amazing, so many polyrhythms but, i know this isn't about drums. Off their new one Fix Your Face has interesting guitar, i like the overly used pattern all throughout the song, me liking it makes me not mind that it is overused ha.
Horse Hunter
0:26-0:36
Such an awesome solo, would of been better if he cleaned up his tone, but still a sweet solo.
And you can't spell funeral
without fun
hope you had a good time
cuz now your life is done
If its a good riff no one would really mind it being over used alot hahaha. I thought their new cd was alright but miss machine is still my favorite cd.
[quote="'Jeremy[OSM"]']If its a good riff no one would really mind it being over used alot hahaha. I thought their new cd was alright but miss machine is still my favorite cd.

I think its weakest of their records.

CI > IIADS > IW > MM
actually compared to their last few albums their progression aren't that good.
saduhsahe8rte38312812!
fadudsnuujn328rj023890~!
fsauh38nx,zx8888z8xxxxxzas32!!!11!