are they good ? i need something that sound really nice ...dont care about the budget
They are OK (emphasis on okay). On par with most other cheap foreign made bargain brands. If budget is not an issue, then absolutely not. Go buy a real guitar.
Suhr Custom, Flaxwood Rautia or Grosh Tele thru
HBE Medicine Bawl Wah
Analogman BiComp
Texas Two Step OD
Fulltone Ultimate Octave/Fuzz
Boss CE-2
TC Nova Delay
SLO-100, 65 London or Bogner Shiva
Ask me about any of this stuff!
Quote by handlerb
They are OK (emphasis on okay). On par with most other cheap foreign made bargain brands. If budget is not an issue, then absolutely not. Go buy a real guitar.

I officially hate you.
Quote by RazorbackDevil
This man is cool in my book. He apparently likes boobs as much as me.
Quote by cerveza
as does that one.
+1
Quote by .Will.
+100
Quote by Lamrick21
yeah ill +1 that one.

i smell a hate thread brewing!
^Not true. The Elitists are freakin awesome. Depends on what you want though.

EDIT:

To the dude who said they weren't real guitars.
Quote by imgooley
^Not true. The Elitists are freakin awesome. Depends on what you want though.

x2

ive heard many times the Elitists can hang with any Gibson guitar except their Custom Shop guitars
Yeah Moron's buy a $150 epiphone which obviously doesnt compare to a "real" guitar and then they **** on the brand.
I love my epiphone. I paid 600AUD for it, so like... 600USD (har!) 3-4 years ago and I don't complain. It has excellent feel, bad electronics but a great guitar none the less.

I will get the prophecy next when it comes to australia and an elitist later
I work in a music store and I know quite a bit about Epiphone and Gibson. To be honest the Epiphone line over $300 and under around $700 are all the same guitar. Same pickups, same hardware, just different bodies. They have the weight a guitar is supposed to have and aside from the pickups, they're great guitars. And again, the pickups aren't horrible, they're just not 490's or Burstbuckers or something along those lines. Now lately the Gibson's have been outfitted with pre-cut nuts, which are horrible and if you detune a lot the strings will jump out of the nut. Also, Gibson is now chambering a lot of their guitars which is great news if you want a Gibson but don't want the weight, but horrible if you love the vintage Gibson tone and sustain. Not that they sound bad, but just not like they used to. Also Gibson tuners aren't good quality really either. The most frequent mod on a Gibson seems to be Grover tuners which the Epiphone already has.

Now don't get me wrong, Gibson is a great company. And Epiphone will never be Gibson, but in terms of quality you are not getting a bad guitar when you buy any Epiphone over $300. I own an Epi Custom and a Sheraton II. Both guitars hold up great and do a very good job. Now, you could say this is all based on opinion, but some opinions are better, more accurate, and less belligerent than others.
[quote="'-[NiL"]-']You're not done being flamed in your other thread yet

My guitar was here first so lay hands off my soul.
Epiphones are hit and miss just like gibsons (low end ones) which i am hearing more bad stories about low end Gibson now a days than epiphones. I have a custom sliver burst which i love(expection for the gay ass pick guards they slap on them **pisses me off) and a les paul classic quilt top which is transparent red...When i bought my quilt top i tried about 5 other quilt tops till i decide on the one i got. We compared the weight,sustain and action... for some reason my felt heavy as hell compared to the others and had more sustain.The stock pickups are okay but if you put some nice ones in youll be happy with it. it not best other alternative are Agile guitars which i heard good things about them and good reasonable prices www.rondomusic.com
I have owned both a gibson les paul 50's neck standard and a epi les paul elitist and i sold the gibson as soon as i played the epi. the neck is alot more faster and it has a more comfy feel. Its mostly up to you though man just play around at gc or something and find what ya like.
epiphones are awesome, I love them.
Quote by RetroGunslinger
this is like comparing a flushing toilet to a hole in the ground
I really like them, have a standard myself. You just need to try a few guitars to find a good one.

Electronics are usable and the pickups are actually not that bad IMHO, so I think Epi's are nice budget guitars.
High Cardinal of Zeppelinism PM TheHeartbreaker to join and
"Co-Founder (and Yoda) of the Star Wars Universe. PM me or SethMegadefan to join.

' " The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death"...'-p.269-Deathly Hallows
Does anybody know the differances between the epiphone 310 and the 400?
I'm gonna be buying a new guitar soon and i cant find any 400's for sale near by but lots of 310's
Quote by handlerb

Dare you to post that on the Epiphone Forum:

http://forums.epiphone.com/Default.aspx?g=forum

I own a 400$ Epiphone Les Paul Standard Plain Top and it plays great!

When I got it the jack came loose and I had to pay 40 bucks to have it set up since it was very poorly put together but it plays awesome. I like Epiphones (Although I wouldn't go any lower than the Standard Models.)
i can only agree with what many people said in this thread. i own an Epi LP Classic Quilt Top (in red ) and have never found a guitar that plays nicer imho. I compared it to 3000+ gibsons, and i didnt like them as much as i like my epi. sure, the electronics are a lot better on the gibsons, but that can be changed quite easily. not to say gibsons are bad guitars - for me the epi just works better

Whodicted

Quote by stevo_epi_SG_wo
france is laaaaame

Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009
Quote by Ian hawkins
wat makes them so much worse?

Epi G-310

Has a bolt on neck (bad) and a hardwood body (bad)

The G-400 has a set neck and I think a mahogany body which is more like the real SG's.
"Co-Founder (and Yoda) of the Star Wars Universe. PM me or SethMegadefan to join.

I went to a Marshall show case event at Dawsons Music, they had the winner of the UK Young Guitarist of the Year demonstrating the amps, and he had 3 guitars with him, all Epiphones, and they sounded pretty good when he was playing them.
Quote by Ancient Jello
So Fenders are bad guitars?

If you want a Gibson styled guitar, then yes.

When i was looking at guitars at my local shop the owner told someone had traded in an epiphone explorer. For some random reason i asked him if i could play it and to my surprise it felt awesome. Much better then the Cort X2 i have been playing. So i will be buying it soon :P
I had a 300 Epi Les Paul. The sound wasn't horrible but it wasn't good enough for a professional gig in my opinion. If you get one I recommend to put new pickups like the ones that come from a Gibson Standard Les Paul
Epis are great, but if money is not an issue, why not just buy a Gibson?
Mmmm, coffee

Quote by the_poison125
Fear your ass...

Quote by hazzmatazz
Quote by Våd Hamster
Sharing is caring. *holds out hands*
*inserts penis?*
they are solid guitars. good and true. check it before you buy it the same as ANY brand.

people say they arent made in america... thats true, but they say it like its a bad thing... america isnt the be all and end all of any manufacturing industry.

unless the label is the most important thing on the guitar, in which case buy a gibson, theyre only 6 times more expensive for the same guitar made to the same plans in another country...
Thank you please.